• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

NFL will play black national anthem prior to Week 1 games, report says

The NFL will reportedly play “Lift Ev’ry Voice And Sing,” which is also known as the black national anthem, before every Week 1 NFL game in the 2020 season, according to ESPN.

The decision to play the song comes following the death of Minneapolis man George Floyd, which led to nationwide protests over racial inequality and police brutality.

According to the ESPN report, the song will be played before “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

The NFL will reportedly play “Lift Ev’ry Voice And Sing,” which is also known as the black national anthem, before every Week 1 NFL game in the 2020 season, according to ESPN.

The decision to play the song comes following the death of Minneapolis man George Floyd, which led to nationwide protests over racial inequality and police brutality.

According to the ESPN report, the song will be played before “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

Everyone knows the lyrics to that memorable tune. Sometimes I catch myself singing it aloud at my desk.

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Segregation is cool again

1 hour ago, Tank said:

that's from 1974. i'm going to guess that everyone in that video is a grandparent now.

it's also a racist video, kc. the pop-up ad that first came up was titled "need a job?" That's terrible.

Lol. Not as racist as the words I used in the search 

5 hours ago, Redondo said:

Will players kneel?

I can see the black song causing some conflicts in the stands. Might not be a huge problem since blacks don't own a lot of season ticket passes but it will be interesting if the stadiums attempt to silence the boos etc. I bet the NFL  tries to write some fan conduct rules for the black anthem.

8 hours ago, Tank said:

they're like presidential assassination attempts - we don't usually hear about the ones that are stopped ahead of time, only the ones that actually take place. i'm going to guess that a steady police presence on campus has thwarted several plans.

but there's also the issue of just the day-to-day stuff, like fights and drugs. it isn't a one-dimensional job for them to only prevent shootings.

how do you think public schools are going to be if there isn't any law enforcement on campus?

I went to a public high school with no police presence and as far as I know 14 years later there is still no law enforcement on campus. My school was in the wealthier areas and we rarely had problems that needed police. Maybe we should spend money on fixing the underlying issues and the reasons why my high school didn't need police on campus and other schools do. 

19 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

I went to a public high school with no police presence and as far as I know 14 years later there is still no law enforcement on campus. My school was in the wealthier areas and we rarely had problems that needed police. Maybe we should spend money on fixing the underlying issues and the reasons why my high school didn't need police on campus and other schools do. 

Well, it is tough to fight over the tennis court net

3 hours ago, angelinkc said:

I can see the black song causing some conflicts in the stands. Might not be a huge problem since blacks don't own a lot of season ticket passes but it will be interesting if the stadiums attempt to silence the boos etc. I bet the NFL  tries to write some fan conduct rules for the black anthem.

After so many people threw a giant hissy over kneeling during the anthem it would seem quite hypocritical and douchy  to interrupt the song with boos, wouldn’t it?