• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NCAA Baseball '13: Road to Omaha

Anybody else following College Baseball?!  ESPN-U is even broadcasting the Regionals this year for the first time!

Here's a link to the rankings... the top 8 are the National Seeds.  I'm rooting for the West-Coasters (The Oregons, ASU, and even Fullerton).  Kansas St., Vandy, Louisville, and NC look pretty good as well. 

Of the two schools I attended, I have one school in and one school out. Florida lost both of their games in the Bloomington regional, and Oklahoma is on to the Super Regional. Frankly I was surprised that the Gators were picked for the tournament, because they were basically a .500 team this year.

I watched about half of Fullerton's 1-0 win over Arizona State Saturday night. I wish that the Angels had pitching like both sides displayed.

Fullerton will be hosting UCLA this weekend.  My buddy TJ is the 3rd base coach for the Bruins, and I'll be rooting for them (He's an ex-Long Beach State guy too, so it's fairly easy to root against Fullerton).  Either way, I'll root for this winner in Omaha though.  I wish the Supers would be less-regional so that both So-Cal teams had a chance to advance.  At least the Oregons don't have to face each other.

Oregon St. will host Kansas St. and I think they will win the series.  K St. had to rally to get past Arkansas, while the (Nice) Beavers rolled through their regional scoring a ton of runs.  The Ducks (not Anaheim) have to rebound tonight from a 1-0 loss to Rice in the final to advance.  Win, and they host NC St. I believe.

The West Coast has four very good teams still in it.  I'm annoyed that the NCAA forces Fullerton and UCLA to beat each other up, and knock it down to three chances for Left-Coast baseball. 

My two former schools split in the regionals - Florida dropping both games in the Bloomington regional (I was frankly surprised that they got in, since they were essentially a .500 club this year), and Oklahoma winning theirs to face LSU in the Super Regionals in Baton Rouge. Florida lost to Austin Peay and Valparaiso - a far cry from the club who went to Omaha a year ago.

It was fun the year that Irvine went to Omaha. "Let's go, Eaters!" They were pretty much the favorites of the locals.

The last regional game I actually attended was while I was a student at Oklahoma. Mickey Hatcher played for the Sooners, and Michigan QB Rick Leach played for the Wolverines. Michigan came out of that regional, as I recall.