• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: Angels aggressively furloughing employees, "raising eyebrows throughout industry"

mmc

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I'd rather they used that money in their community to help those out that have a base salary less than $480k a year. I'm sure whatever pay cut the players take they will somehow get by. 

Yep, the needy in Cota de Caza deserve better.

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Way to ignore them being a revenue sharing recipient and the reality that saving money on players allows them to spend elsewhere.   Business 101.

And the reason they are is we make far more... come on man really?  
OK lets say we make 200M, they make 100
they get 30m in sharing we get none.
were still 70 m ahead.
MATH101

57 minutes ago, floplag said:

And the reason they are is we make far more... come on man really?  

Well shit, the Yankees and at least 9 other teams supposedly bring in more money the Angels -- the Angels should just ask those teams to pay their guys for them.

1 hour ago, floplag said:

OK lets say we make 200M, they make 100
they get 30m in sharing we get none.
were still 70 m ahead.
MATH101

LOL

You can keeping blathering on as you wish to try to justify your insipid position but the fact remains they are still playing with other people's money.   The Angels and every other revenue sharing payee is making that payment for the Royals. 

Also -- you haven't seen anyone's books to blather on about the math and the people best capable of making those sorts of guesses would have issues with your numbers...

https://www.forbes.com/mlb-valuations/list/#tab:overall

Look you made a statement -- I gave you reasons why might be inclined to do whatever it is they are doing.   They get free money, they pay out less money.   It's not a difficult concept that even you should be able to accept without protest.

2 hours ago, RendZone said:

There are some owners that are perfectly fine with not having baseball this season. The Covid-19 thing makes it too complex to accomplish.

Maybe the ones that don't bother to market themselves and feed off the better run teams (like the magnanimous Royals), but I'd argue that owners would rather make something than nothing.  Even if they simply broke even on their expenses you gotta figure it's a net win.  

"Pittsburgh Pirates owner Bob Nutting used the coronavirus-induced work stoppage to suspend club employees' 401(k) plans.

The Oakland Athletics franchise, which is owned by John Fisher, informed the team's minor leaguers Tuesday that they wouldn't be paid their weekly $400 stipend beyond the end of May."

16 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Well shit, the Yankees and at least 9 other teams supposedly bring in more money the Angels -- the Angels should just ask those teams to pay their guys for them.

LOL

You can keeping blathering on as you wish to try to justify your insipid position but the fact remains they are still playing with other people's money.   The Angels and every other revenue sharing payee is making that payment for the Royals. 

Also -- you haven't seen anyone's books to blather on about the math and the people best capable of making those sorts of guesses would have issues with your numbers...

https://www.forbes.com/mlb-valuations/list/#tab:overall

Look you made a statement -- I gave you reasons why might be inclined to do whatever it is they are doing.   They get free money, they pay out less money.   It's not a difficult concept that even you should be able to accept without protest.

Not sure what point youre trying to make, but you just proved mine.
#9 (1.9B value) vs #29 (1.0B value)... one paid everyone, one didnt... and it was in the order you would expect.   How 30Mish they got in revenue sharing should make that make sense is beyond me.

1 hour ago, floplag said:

Not sure what point youre trying to make, but you just proved mine.
#9 (1.9B value) vs #29 (1.0B value)... one paid everyone, one didnt... and it was in the order you would expect.   How 30Mish they got in revenue sharing should make that make sense is beyond me.

Only thing that's been proven is that you're incapable of seeing the facts for anything other than what you want them to be. 

Same as always.

Pointing to value after you were talking up the revenue and claiming it proves your point is the most Flop thing ever.   Take it easy Flop.

23 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Only thing that's been proven is that you're incapable of seeing the facts for anything other than what you want them to be. 

Same as always.

Pointing to value after you were talking up the revenue and claiming it proves your point is the most Flop thing ever.   Take it easy Flop.

i guess we both have that problem then.

32 minutes ago, Blarg said:

JAYUNYK2LBASLNG6MUDONWHBBY.jpgjoe-maddon-van-750x375.jpg

Looks like something that was sold in the 80's at Pete Ellis Dodge. 

Lol I actually met Pete Ellis right before he completely scammed the City of South Gate out of a $750k business grant and left town overnight. Dude was crooked as fuk. Nice van though.

Edited by RendZone

4 hours ago, RendZone said:

Lol I actually met Pete Ellis right before he completely scammed the City of South Gate out of a $750k business grant and left town overnight. Dude was crooked as fuk. Nice van though.

Bellflower.   300k grant, 400k loan.    The city got the 700k back from Ford.... And a new dealership