• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Best Old School jersey

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I dig a lot of the older Padres uniforms

Same here. The 80s Tony Gwynn ones.... especially the ugly ones.

Dont know why, but Im partial to the ugly ones the most. The piss yellow As ones, the Pirates, the weird ass Astros ones, etc.

The 70s amd 80s were probably the worst, but i like them the best, i think because growing up thats what they were wearing.

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Same here. The 80s Tony Gwynn ones.... especially the ugly ones.

Dont know why, but Im partial to the ugly ones the most. The piss yellow As ones, the Pirates, the weird ass Astros ones, etc.

The 70s amd 80s were probably the worst, but i like them the best, i think because growing up thats what they were wearing.

I almost wrote this verbatim. I’m just color blind so I didn’t mention the colors, but was going to say the ugly ones.

Also, +1 on the Blue Jays. I liked those 1992/1993 uniforms.

I like the classic Royals, as well. Clean  simple two colors, and cursive font.

14 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I almost wrote this verbatim. I’m just color blind so I didn’t mention the colors, but was going to say the ugly ones.

Also, +1 on the Blue Jays. I liked those 1992/1993 uniforms.

I like the classic Royals, as well. Clean  simple two colors, and cursive font.

Im not a big buy a jersey guy, but id kill to grab a Bo Jackson  Royals one. Super clean, classic.

53 minutes ago, Lou said:

recon got stood up.

Sad.

Lol

True story... im running into to all kinds of people ive havent seen in months, because everyone heard about this place

I made a joke how were all gonna get it now.... chick that i banged around thanksgiving is here, she tested positive in march....

Trying to work some magic tonight to get some antibodies..

I don't necessarily have a favorite old school uniform, I just love traditional uniforms.  I love uniforms from teams that stayed with tradition and didn't bow to gimmicky bullshit.  Teams like the Reds, the Red Sox, the Yanks, Cardinals, Giants and yes, even the Dodgers.  These teams have an identity and their uniforms are a big part of it.  While a few of them may have tweaked the color or lettering, they never messed with what their identity was.

I feel like teams that constantly switch colors, design, combinations, etc. have no identity.  I'd put the Angels in this category.  The constant uniform changes during the early 2000's and the Disney BS was stupid.  The old school uniforms from the 70's and 80's were great.  I wish they would have just stayed with those.  I think we all could have done without seeing Mo Vaughn in vertical pinstripes.

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Lol

True story... im running into to all kinds of people ive havent seen in months, because everyone heard about this place

I made a joke how were all gonna get it now.... chick that i banged around thanksgiving is here, she tested positive in march....

Trying to work some magic tonight to get some antibodies..

But they are close to a cure for AIDS by now, right?

34 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I don't necessarily have a favorite old school uniform, I just love traditional uniforms.  I love uniforms from teams that stayed with tradition and didn't bow to gimmicky bullshit.  Teams like the Reds, the Red Sox, the Yanks, Cardinals, Giants and yes, even the Dodgers.  These teams have an identity and their uniforms are a big part of it.  While a few of them may have tweaked the color or lettering, they never messed with what their identity was.

I feel like teams that constantly switch colors, design, combinations, etc. have no identity.  I'd put the Angels in this category.  The constant uniform changes during the early 2000's and the Disney BS was stupid.  The old school uniforms from the 70's and 80's were great.  I wish they would have just stayed with those.  I think we all could have done without seeing Mo Vaughn in vertical pinstripes.

Along those lines, as much as I hate to admit it, the dodgers have the best uniforms in baseball. Clean, classy, never changed it. I like the grey NY and Boston ones, too. Simple and classic. 

And I hate all three of those teams. 

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

But they are close to a cure for AIDS by now, right?

I think they flattened the curve at least? 

Ive been upping my vitamin C lately, I should be straight.

No go on the antibodies last night. My jeckyll and hyde side made an appearance and decided to do shots with everyone and get drunk instead of closing any deals. Had more fun at least

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think they flattened the curve at least? 

Ive been upping my vitamin C lately, I should be straight.

No go on the antibodies last night. My jeckyll and hyde side made an appearance and decided to do shots with everyone and get drunk instead of closing any deals. Had more fun at least

Don't know what you mean. I've never did that before......

I know that they are widely panned, and everybody seems to mostly talk about the two games when they wore the shorts, but I have always liked these:

Ranking the best and worst White Sox uniforms of the last 117 ...

I followed the White Sox fairly closely during the time when they wore these, and I never saw them wear white pants with either jersey, also never saw the white cap.

I also like the Tigers' home uniforms. Simple, straightforward, with the Old English D.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't know if it was here, but I saw a video recently and it had those weird ass futuristic uniforms that MLB tried as a gimmick. Those were trash.

Hard to believe that somebody was given money to design them. The premise seemed to be, make the logo as big as possible and make something that no one would be caught dead wearing.

Ditto the ones that everything was white.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan