• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pretty Depressing (with a thin silver lining and a small hope for the future)

I don't understand the trade of Vargas.  He's a terrific 3 or 4.  This year he is 5-3 with a 3.34 ERA.  I think you can build around Weaver, Wilson and Vargas.

Its not that we want to dump him.  The fact that he is terrific means we can get two or three players for him.  That is the reason for the trade.

unfortunately, with the current management/ownership philosophy a complete rebuild is unlikely. it'll take some time but we will be back.

as far as players on the field, keeping the young, under club control trout, trumbo and bourjous would appear to be a good idea, however

everybody else should be considered trade bait- outstanding examples are wilson and our dynamic duo of aybar and kendrick. even if it means returning minor leauge prospects for these guys.

obviously the contracts and conditions have made the players with tenure on this team far too comfortable and blaze about winning. that is, of course if ownership/managements goal actually is winning- which i doubt.

we need hungry!

After what seems like a forever-ago 8 game win streak, we're back to 10.5 games behind, only 1.5 games off our season low of 12 games back.

And to think this is the softest stretch of our schedule and some tough series coming up...I don't see the silver lining.

I'd also like to think the Angels play up their level of competition...

...but the AAAstros say even that isn't something to hold on to.

Not to make excuses, but I really think the Halos thought the Astros were going to play dead for them. Again, I don't know if they have the oomph and fortitude to get out of this funk, but they're really letting down their fanbase by playing like this. The offense wasn't supposed to be the problem.

I'm not for a fire sale because I still believe in the team, but we need some players with heart who can rev up this dying engine.

I would make everyone except Trout and Trumbo available. It is extremely hard to find a 40 homer guy to replace Trumbo, also Albert will mhave to move to full time DH (should do it now.).

Start next season with a new manager and staff.

The Angels need to go heavy into the foreign market the next two years before MLB institutes a draft of foreign players. I hope Dipoto and staff are capable of this. We shall see shortly.

Oh, if Butcher is not replaced ASAP then there is no hope. He brings nothing to the staff.