• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ten ocho recon scout

On 5/27/2020 at 11:46 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ive been in a few riots. The one that stands out was the "trump got elected" riots. People hated it (and thats fine). 

Lighting shit on fire, looting liquor stores, and shutting down the roads wasnt going to change the election.

And they took place (the ones im talking about) here, in California.... where trump didn't win.

Those news media people (both local and at the network) really were PO'd.

On 5/26/2020 at 9:31 PM, Lhalo said:

IMO the best weapon law enforcement has is the K9. You can’t outrun, fight or reason with that animal. The moral of the story is that if you’re having to deal with a police dog, you’ve already passed the point of no return. 

I saw a video awhile back of a dog that went after a suspect. The guy must have been on PCP or something, because he picked up the dog as it jumped at him and body slammed. Actually looked like he screwed up the dog pretty good.

On 5/27/2020 at 5:22 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

LAPD has a ton of those, and they actually do a really good job.

Some of them are really hairy... 

That one in Hollywood where that dude carjacked someone in a drive thru is crazy. The cops did everything possible to not shoot this dude and one of the cops almost got hacked with a machete until his partner dropped the dude mid swing. His partner gets free beers for life now. 

On 5/26/2020 at 9:31 PM, Lhalo said:

IMO the best weapon law enforcement has is the K9. You can’t outrun, fight or reason with that animal. The moral of the story is that if you’re having to deal with a police dog, you’ve already passed the point of no return. 

On May 27, 2020 at 11:46 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ive been in a few riots. The one that stands out was the "trump got elected" riots. People hated it (and thats fine). 

Lighting shit on fire, looting liquor stores, and shutting down the roads wasnt going to change the election.

And they took place (the ones im talking about) here, in California.... where trump didn't win.

The party of tolerance 

6 hours ago, yvangelfan said:

Ten,  have you ever witnessed a soul leaving a body at an accident.?  I know a couple of people who were on a call and they both saw it at the same time.

When we moved to San Dimas I was still working night shift and right at the Via Verde offramp there was a truck that pulled over just past the exit. As I approached I witness a Mitsubishi fade over like it was going to exit then plowed right into back of the semi, the car bounced into the air a good four feet. 

I pull over and try and administer first aid and the 23 year old blond was laying across the passenger seat, her air bag went off but she wasn't wearing her seat belt. I called out to her, went to check her pupils and then there was a pop and gurgling sound as her eardrum had exploded from the pressure in her head releasing, blood poured out for a while and I witnessed her  eyes dilate. She died right in front of me. 

I stayed as a witness and explained to the CHP no need for an ambulance, he took one look and agreed. The crazy part was even after ramming that semi and glass and parts everywhere, she looked like she layed down to take a nap, no other injuries but the caked blood that ran down her neck. 

That was a Friday night, I didn't get any sleep until Sunday. 

44 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

The cop was arrested and charged with murder and there’s still protests. Is racism supposed to end overnight? What’s the endgame for everyone?

The endgame question is on my mind, too. What are all of these riots trying to accomplish other than blowing off steam or trying to get revenge on the police? 
if rioters said they were going to destroy as many police cars as possible or burn down police headquarters, I get that. But I don’t understand destroying a Target or Autozone or Starbucks because of this, or looting local businesses, or the asshats that block traffic on the freeway.

4 hours ago, Tank said:

The endgame question is on my mind, too. What are all of these riots trying to accomplish other than blowing off steam or trying to get revenge on the police? 
if rioters said they were going to destroy as many police cars as possible or burn down police headquarters, I get that. But I don’t understand destroying a Target or Autozone or Starbucks because of this, or looting local businesses, or the asshats that block traffic on the freeway.

There are actual protesters, then there's the people who take advantage of the situation to get free shit.

6 hours ago, arch stanton said:

It seems there's always more outrage for the looting than for the egregious acts that set people off

It's the same concept as abusers villifying their victims for getting angry about being abused.