• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ten ocho recon scout

5 hours ago, m0nkey said:

How do you deal with the (BLM) protesting clowns that accomplish nothing by blocking freeways?

Im 1000 percent for people protesting.

Im 1000 percent against people disrupting.

Especially when the people who are effected by it have NOTHING to do with what youre protesting.

And this has nothing to do with BLM. Or at least specific to them. Its any protest.

Weve been dealing with the anti-quarantine protests the last few weeks, and its the same thing. Dont like the restrictions? Think its ridiculous? Cool, I respect your opinion

Now get on the f*cking sidewalk, youre blocking traffic.

Ive been in a few riots. The one that stands out was the "trump got elected" riots. People hated it (and thats fine). 

Lighting shit on fire, looting liquor stores, and shutting down the roads wasnt going to change the election.

And they took place (the ones im talking about) here, in California.... where trump didn't win.

So I hate protestors who disrupt regardless of cause. Peaceful protests I fully support.

4 hours ago, notherhalo said:

Do any cops carry those $400 super super high lumen flashlights?

Aside from the nerd new guys, everyone is wayyyy too cheap to spend that much.

Because we lost things left and right..... you always lose flashlights, gloves, handcuffs, etc etc. And some other cop always "finds" them.

So once you go through that once, you spend as little as possible for whatever works good enough.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

What’s your opinion of what happened in Minneapolis? 

Meh, ill try to keep it short.

I agree the cops shit the bed on that one. On that, or any instance like that, I am fully behind "hold them accountable". The whole "thim blue line" thing is overblown. 

Do we support each other? Absolutely. Do we judge each other? Absolutely.

The "thin blue line" thing is, for the most part, a "im not going to comment publically". That doesnt mean i support the guy.

Its like with athletes.... you talk to them one on one, theyll tell you so and so sucks. So and so is hurting the team.

But when the media asks you that, you say "hes going through a rough patch, but hes a pro, he'll figure it out".

In this particular case, I think the cop f*cked up, but I dont think he did it on purpose.... I think hes an idiot that didnt realize what he was doing. Doesnt mean hes not at fault. Its that i think the guy was an idiot, as opposed to malice. 

But as a habit of the job, I dont really have an opinion. Thats a byproduct of doing this for years and years, knowing i have 1 percent of the facts involved. Being that i wasnt there, have no ability to interview anyone who was, cross check anyones statements, etc etc, I dont have an opinion.

In all honesty, i guess because I do this as a daily job, I dont really have an interest in other events that dont involve me. I see enough in my own work hours that something 1000 miles away is a shoulder shrug, "let them deal with it". But again, its because I know I dont have any ability to investigate it myself, so I dont waste the energy.

It would be like showing a baseball player a highlight of a strikeout. And going "can you believe he swung at that?! What was he thinking!" And the baseball player will be like "what was the count? How many times has he faced the guy, and whats the scouting report on his 2 strike pitch? Whats the hitter been doing the last week average wise? How has the pitcher been the last few appearances, and how was his fastball looking? Firm or was he looking limp, so you were expecting that (firm) or assumed it would be a secondary pitch (limp)."

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

How has the pitcher been the last few appearances, and how was his fastball looking? Firm or was he looking limp, so you were expecting that (firm) or assumed it would be a secondary pitch (limp)."

TORS offers his girlfriend the secondary pitch all the time. 

11 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Meh, ill try to keep it short.

I agree the cops shit the bed on that one. On that, or any instance like that, I am fully behind "hold them accountable". The whole "thim blue line" thing is overblown. 

Do we support each other? Absolutely. Do we judge each other? Absolutely.

The "thin blue line" thing is, for the most part, a "im not going to comment publically". That doesnt mean i support the guy.

Its like with athletes.... you talk to them one on one, theyll tell you so and so sucks. So and so is hurting the team.

But when the media asks you that, you say "hes going through a rough patch, but hes a pro, he'll figure it out".

In this particular case, I think the cop f*cked up, but I dont think he did it on purpose.... I think hes an idiot that didnt realize what he was doing. Doesnt mean hes not at fault. Its that i think the guy was an idiot, as opposed to malice. 

But as a habit of the job, I dont really have an opinion. Thats a byproduct of doing this for years and years, knowing i have 1 percent of the facts involved. Being that i wasnt there, have no ability to interview anyone who was, cross check anyones statements, etc etc, I dont have an opinion.

In all honesty, i guess because I do this as a daily job, I dont really have an interest in other events that dont involve me. I see enough in my own work hours that something 1000 miles away is a shoulder shrug, "let them deal with it". But again, its because I know I dont have any ability to investigate it myself, so I dont waste the energy.

It would be like showing a baseball player a highlight of a strikeout. And going "can you believe he swung at that?! What was he thinking!" And the baseball player will be like "what was the count? How many times has he faced the guy, and whats the scouting report on his 2 strike pitch? Whats the hitter been doing the last week average wise? How has the pitcher been the last few appearances, and how was his fastball looking? Firm or was he looking limp, so you were expecting that (firm) or assumed it would be a secondary pitch (limp)."

This is the fairest opinion I've ever read from a police officer on this issue. So much of what I've seen is police officers defending other police officers at all costs. Thanks for sharing this.

I will say that striking out in a baseball game is much different than causing the death of another person, especially when it follows a tragic pattern of people of color being harassed, abused, and killed by police officers.

Tors this may have already been asked but I'm too lazy to check so I was curious if you've ever seen a cop fight someone that they don't drag off to jail or hell even been that cop?  I'm talking like the movie End of Watch where the cop gets tired of the one guy mouthing off saying if he wasn't a cop he'd kick his ass so he hands his shield and gun to his partner and goes toe to toe with him.  I know a fire fighter who works in LA and I asked him about that one time when the movie came up and he said he saw it happen once when some guy kept mouthing off to a cop when they were on a call that had both the FD and PD out there.  It's not like he did it in some public area but the two fire fighters and the cops partner were both there.  No one ended up in jail, dead or getting sued and that was that.  I imagine with body cam footage and fear of someone recording the fight would deter any such action these days but I could definitely see it happening in the past.

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Because we lost things left and right..... you always lose fleshlights, gloves, handcuffs, etc etc. And some other cop always "finds" them.

So once you go through that once, you spend as little as possible for whatever works good enough.

Just now, Tank said:

moving to the gentlemen's forum.

Sounds kinky. 

44 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

This is the fairest opinion I've ever read from a police officer on this issue. So much of what I've seen is police officers defending other police officers at all costs. Thanks for sharing this.

I will say that striking out in a baseball game is much different than causing the death of another person, especially when it follows a tragic pattern of people of color being harassed, abused, and killed by police officers.

Im obviously not trying to equate the two.

But when you say people of color being harrassed and abused. Theres a ton of stats and media that support this. But like all stats you need to step back and look at the larger picture. 

Case in point. The current story of the lady who called the Police on the black guy in central park. My question is why is this an actual "news story"? Is the story an example of an endemic problem? Or is it a certain segment making it seem like its a problem? Because white people call the police on stupid shit other white people are doing ALL THE TIME. But the news doesnt put those stories out there..... and they shouldnt. Because the story of "dumb bitch gets annoyed and tries to get the police to back her up" isnt going to get any clicks.

Every study has shown blacks arent killed by police any more than whites are. And this is years and years of study. 

Yet can you name any white person killed by the police? Or can you name a single cop killed by a black person?

Theres a stark difference between things that happen and what is reported to the public as having happened.  Because the media knows the public as a whole isnt going to care unless theres some meat to the story.

Case in point. Chicago had its worst memorial day in years this year. That story made the news.

Did any of the individual events from that weekend in chicago make the news? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/25/us/chicago-memorial-day-deaths/index.html

49 shot, 10 killed in 3 days..... CNN reports, in two sentences, that a 16 year old was killed.... then puts filler in the article that chicago still has covid lockdowns.

Thats the extent of CNNs coverage of 50 victims. 

Yet how many stories are on their front page about central park lady?  

https://homicide.latimes.com/

Scroll through there..... and pinpoint the outrage and protests for all those events.

Sharks kill about 10 people a year around the globe. And each one makes the news. So sharks get the rep of being killers. Dogs kill about 40 a year in the US alone each year.

13 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Tors this may have already been asked but I'm too lazy to check so I was curious if you've ever seen a cop fight someone that they don't drag off to jail or hell even been that cop?  I'm talking like the movie End of Watch where the cop gets tired of the one guy mouthing off saying if he wasn't a cop he'd kick his ass so he hands his shield and gun to his partner and goes toe to toe with him.  I know a fire fighter who works in LA and I asked him about that one time when the movie came up and he said he saw it happen once when some guy kept mouthing off to a cop when they were on a call that had both the FD and PD out there.  It's not like he did it in some public area but the two fire fighters and the cops partner were both there.  No one ended up in jail, dead or getting sued and that was that.  I imagine with body cam footage and fear of someone recording the fight would deter any such action these days but I could definitely see it happening in the past.

Not where I work. Way too much liability in something like that. 

In ghetto cities, absolutely.

And numerous times ive taken gangsters to jail, who are kind of weirded out by it.... offering to take the ass kick in exchange for no jail. 

(These are guys who come from shittier cities than I work)

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I'm obviously not trying to equate the two.

But when you say people of color being harrassed and abused. Theres a ton of stats and media that support this. But like all stats you need to step back and look at the larger picture. 

Case in point. The current story of the lady who called the Police on the black guy in central park. My question is why is this an actual "news story"? Is the story an example of an endemic problem? Or is it a certain segment making it seem like its a problem? Because white people call the police on stupid shit other white people are doing ALL THE TIME. But the news doesnt put those stories out there..... and they shouldnt. Because the story of "dumb bitch gets annoyed and tries to get the police to back her up" isnt going to get any clicks.

Every study has shown blacks arent killed by police any more than whites are. And this is years and years of study. 

Yet can you name any white person killed by the police? Or can you name a single cop killed by a black person?

Theres a stark difference between things that happen and what is reported to the public as having happened.  Because the media knows the public as a whole isnt going to care unless theres some meat to the story.

it becomes news because people CAN'T WAIT to blast stuff all over on social media. it gets picked up by one person after another because it feeds a narrative.

you ask any citizen right now and they'll tell you that police kill an incredibly high number of unarmed black men for no good reason. not trying to defend anyone here, but the reality is that there arre several layers to stories like this that are ignored or underreported because it doesn't fit a narrative. 

18 minutes ago, Tank said:

it becomes news because people CAN'T WAIT to blast stuff all over on social media. it gets picked up by one person after another because it feeds a narrative.

you ask any citizen right now and they'll tell you that police kill an incredibly high number of unarmed black men for no good reason. not trying to defend anyone here, but the reality is that there arre several layers to stories like this that are ignored or underreported because it doesn't fit a narrative. 

Talk to any black person, and they'll tell you a story or two about being harassed in some way by cops. It's not a made-up narrative. I believe the vast majority of cops are good people, and the vast majority of them aren't overtly racist. But there are certainly unconscious biases that play a role in how certain cops interact with certain people.

2 hours ago, Franklin Bluth said:

Talk to any black person, and they'll tell you a story or two about being harassed in some way by cops. It's not a made-up narrative. I believe the vast majority of cops are good people, and the vast majority of them aren't overtly racist. But there are certainly unconscious biases that play a role in how certain cops interact with certain people.

One of the things I bring up when trying to explain white privilege is a stop I had in Oklahoma when I was moving from CA back to the Midwest. I was coming into some small town in OK where the speed limit dropped from 60 to 40 real quick. Dude pulled me over for 44 in a 40. I pull over, kill the engine, and throw on the flashers. He saw the CA plates and the absolutely loaded to the brim car, and he asked me some questions about where I was going. I explained I was moving to Omaha, but was gonna stop in Wichita for a few days to see some friends. Dude says he just wants to run my license for warrants real quick. It was a really cold day and he invited me to sit in his cruiser while he ran my license. Not in the back, but in the front passenger seat. Never even asked me the drugs or weapons question. My license came back clean, he let me off with a warning, and I went on my way. I just don’t think a lot of black people in that situation (loaded up car, out of state plates) would have received the same treatment as I did.

5 hours ago, Franklin Bluth said:

That’s a fair take.

On 5/21/2020 at 12:22 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Gonna have to come back to this. Just seeing this thread right before I crash and its been a long week.

Top of of my head

1. Not near as often as youd think. I unsnap my holster a lot, to get it ready, but actually pointing it, pretty rare.

Maybe second week on the job, dumb new cop move. I tried to handle a call alone (cancelled my backup because we were busy). Simple party call, lady came out and seemed nice. She had to go inside to grab her ID (needed it to write a warning)

I come around the corner and see about 70 people in this backyard, at least 30 of them gangsters.

One of them i had kind of hooked up like a month earlier, so i thought hed be cool. I said whats up, but he fronted me for the homies.

So the others start talking shit. 

Im fresh out of the academy. Zero body fat, clean shaved head. Still naturally producing testosterone, whole 9 yards. 

So i start talking shit back.

One of them rushes me, i quickdraw, stick my gun in his face!

And he stands there, still talking shit. Neither him or the crowd is impressed. 

So hard lesson learned that day. Only point your gun when you absolutely have to. Because regular bad guys have seen it a thousand times... they know we arent going to shoot unless they do something stupid.... and talking shit isnt one of them.

...... and talking shit to a cop whos pointing a gun at you puts you back in control....

So i only point it now on people who are suspected to be armed, felony car stops, things like that.

2. Depends. Might go a few weeks without, just because someone else takes those calls. Then i might get a few in a day.

Its weird the first few times you see it, some people never get used to it and quit. But most people it becomes routine.

Some are obviously worse than others. 

Of all the gunshots ive seen, the overall majority arent too crazy/gory. Handgun bullets dont really do a lot of damage on the outside. 

But stabbings are pretty bad. Had a guy chopped with an axe at the neck/collarbone once... that was bad.

Really bad car accident are far worse. Major major trauma. 

First fatal i went to....

Maybe a month on the job. On a car stop at 4am or so, crash call comes out. I get there and its a large SUV into a small sedan head on.

I run up to the sedan, look at the driver.... and it just doesnt compute. Doesnt make sense.

I can see the hands on the steering wheel.... and i think the head... but its just not right for some reason.

The engine had been pushed into the cabin. The body was in the backseat of the car. The top of the head was resting on the engine, and the hands were still on the wheel, which was still almost intact.

I look down, notice im standing in this pool of blood.

I look over, like slow motion, and i see my partner trying to help the SUV driver, whos on the ground (ejected). His jaw was sideways, completely detached.

That was the first bad one.

Worst ones were a motorcycle into a utility pole... head literally exploded. Skull fragments like confetti on the ground.

And a mint condition eyeball on the ground with it. Pupil up....

That was creepy.

We get a decent number of train suicides.... those are horrible. Trains take about a mile to stop..... so you literally walk 300 yards or so.... with body parts all over... and guts...

Had a motorcycle go airborne once, doing about 120 when he hit a truck. The rider hit a power line before he came down. The power line degloved his entire arm..... so aside from the body being destroyed from the crash, he literally had a skeleton arm (with some muscle). And he was alive for a few minutes while we tried our basic first aid (which obviously is useless in something like that).

Electrocutions are horrible.... stay away from downed power lines....

Of all the suicides ive been to, id say maybe 3 tops left a note. The people who are really going to do it dont tell people before hand. And usually dont leave a note because theyve already checked out.

But one that did....

Sad as hell. Maybe a 16 year old girl. Hung herself in the garage. Mom comes home, opens the garage...

We get there.... her note was written on her white t shirt that she was wearing.

That one always stuck w me.

Had a retarded kid kill his mom about a year ago. Strangled her with bowflex cables. Called us, super calm, and told us matter of factly. That one sucked because you could tell it took him awhile...

We did a hostage rescue last year with a neighbor agency.... cartel shit.... had a guy tied up INSIDE of a wall at the house. Two more dead bodies in a trunk in the garage.

Evil is out there, gents.... believe me.

3. Ill have to get back to you on the funny stories, Tanker. Several a day, but none are popping up right now. But man are there some weird people out there. 

Ten,  have you ever witnessed a soul leaving a body at an accident.?  I know a couple of people who were on a call and they both saw it at the same time.