• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ten ocho recon scout

7 hours ago, Tank said:

TORS, anyone ever (or maybe how often does someone) try to play the "do you know who i am?" card with you?

Ive had a few over the years. Dont want to burn anybody in public like this.

Far more common are just people with money that pull that card....

A certain Angel player back in the day tried pulling that shit....

..... as the biggest fan at the department, I punked him out HARD.... (this was back in the just out of the academy, ill go to cholo parties alone days)

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

A certain Angel player back in the day tried pulling that shit....

..... as the biggest fan at the department, I punked him out HARD.... (this was back in the just out of the academy, ill go to cholo parties alone days)

Robb Quinlan was quite the badass in his day.

Have you ever gone to an "off training" party with some friends, got really hammered, took your guns out and just started randomly firing shots in the air like you were at the OK Corral?

Then realized you were in a park, and the jurisdictional agency responds and asks "What the fuck are you assholes doing?"  Then you have to tell them you are cops, and they rolled their eyes and sent you home?

Come on @ten ocho recon scout, you know that has happened to you.

Edited by PattyD22

It was all bar reg peeps I was with yesterday and we were telling stories and this one came up. Curious if you ever had to deal with anything like this.

My local spot gets a lot of military and police officers. Mostly officers that work grave yard come in when their shift ends as the bar opens at 6am and it's basically their happy hour. If I go in for an earlier lunch or sometimes just noon I catch the tail end of their session. They are loud and rowdy, but just dudes having fun and nothing to right home about. 

But one time they had a partner with them and ironically I think he was just out of the academy. This dude was beyond bombed, but in a bad way and just going off the rails messing with customers, stealing their keys, taking peoples tip money they'd leave on the bar even took someone's credit card for their tab and the bartender didn't check the name and his tab was paid with someone else's money when he got cut off. Just out of control to where they called his girlfriend to come pick him up as he was starting a ton of shit, even his buddies couldn't calm him down.

She finally comes and they get him out of there, but the patron that had the bank charge when he stole the card called the police and they came in. Dude wanted to press charges and even his partners were like, "He he was out of line"....it was the first time in real life where I didn't see partners back each other up. Does this happen quite a bit?

Interesting part is the officer called to the scene seemed more like, "Guys, lets just work this out" and I don't think anything came of it.

Any dudes ever go over the edge and have their own law issues?

5 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Have you ever gone to an "off training" party with some friends, got really hammered, took your guns out and just started randomly firing shots in the air like you were at the OK Corral?

Then realized you were in a park, and the jurisdictional agency responds and asks "What the fuck are you assholes doing?"  Then you have to tell them you are cops, and they rolled their eyes and sent you home?

Come on @ten ocho recon scout, you know that has happened to you.

Not yet.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

It was all bar reg peeps I was with yesterday and we were telling stories and this one came up. Curious if you ever had to deal with anything like this.

My local spot gets a lot of military and police officers. Mostly officers that work grave yard come in when their shift ends as the bar opens at 6am and it's basically their happy hour. If I go in for an earlier lunch or sometimes just noon I catch the tail end of their session. They are loud and rowdy, but just dudes having fun and nothing to right home about. 

But one time they had a partner with them and ironically I think he was just out of the academy. This dude was beyond bombed, but in a bad way and just going off the rails messing with customers, stealing their keys, taking peoples tip money they'd leave on the bar even took someone's credit card for their tab and the bartender didn't check the name and his tab was paid with someone else's money when he got cut off. Just out of control to where they called his girlfriend to come pick him up as he was starting a ton of shit, even his buddies couldn't calm him down.

She finally comes and they get him out of there, but the patron that had the bank charge when he stole the card called the police and they came in. Dude wanted to press charges and even his partners were like, "He he was out of line"....it was the first time in real life where I didn't see partners back each other up. Does this happen quite a bit?

Interesting part is the officer called to the scene seemed more like, "Guys, lets just work this out" and I don't think anything came of it.

Any dudes ever go over the edge and have their own law issues?

The last part,

None that I work with. A DUI but that was maybe 20 years ago, give or take. My agency is pretty shite glove.... worst offense is probably paying taxes late, things like that.

Boring... and micromanaged.... but I doubt we'll ever make the news or social media for doing something stupid.

Now, other departments.....

That was going to be my next thing. You see the shit in tv shows or movies where different departments squabble or something like the DEA come in to take over a local investigation and they are pissed.

Do different departments and divisions really do that or is it just Hollywood stuff?

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

That was going to be my next thing. You see the shit in tv shows or movies where different departments squabble or something like the DEA come in to take over a local investigation and they are pissed.

Do different departments and divisions really do that or is it just Hollywood stuff?

If an agency gets investigated, the Feds could come in and do whatever they do. Its never happened with us so I dont know the specifics.

Ill say one thing that is total hollywood is the feds themselves... the few times ive come across the FBI/DEA... they just arent cops

They are... just different.

They do strictly investigations... so when it comes time for like confronting people, hot calls etc, thats just not their thing, and it shows.

(In fairness, Im sure they think we suck at investigations)

Can cops moonlight as investigators and use police databases for info?     

Does a PI or general public have access to the same info given they know where to look?

My senior citizen father rented a guesthouse to what I think is a dangerous scumbag but I dont know how to verify.  Can't evict anyone right now.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Do you have a disappointed wife back at home, who's tired to playing second fiddle to the job?

lol

I was just going to ask him if his wife had left him because he ignored her and the kids