• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time to boo Hamilton?

The most annoying thing is that when it's brought up he just has this attitude of "well, I have a history of hitting well and eventually I will hit well.  Last season I had 43 HR's, did you see those?... blah blah blah".  Like uh, are you working on anything?  Watching video?  Tweaking your swing and looking for mistakes or holes in your approach?  Working with hitting coaches?  He's on the wrong side of thirty and eventually he's going to have to rely on more than just natural freak ability to keep being a good player.  Obviously he's probably doing what he can to remedy his horrible start, but the way he comes off about it is completely nonchalant and almost bored. 

I guess God will let him know through divine intervention when it's time to start hitting again. 

Sure makes you understand why no other team in the league made any more than a token offer to this guy.    We bid against ourselves (again) and got burned (again)

What is it about the Angels that makes them sign players that nobody else wants?   

I don't see how booing a player will make them play better. I laugh when fans of other teams boo their players, so I take no part in it.

You beat me to this. It only brings some satisfaction to the booer and will not accomplish anything. I'm sure Hamilton is well aware that the fans do not like seeing highly paid athletes perform this way. I would rather see him on the bench for a while.

I probably wouldn't boo him. 

But if he K's I'd definitely be yelling "Give him a tennis racket, maybe then he'll hit it!"

Back when Mathis would K I'd yell "Waste of an at-bat!" and it always seemed to get surrounding fans laughing. 

One thing about Pujols that Hamilton doesn't have is charisma. That is why it bugs me much less that we're paying Pujols than it is that we're paying Hamilton. Pujols atleast has a Hall of Fame career to live up to, Hamilton got what he wanted and is laughing to the bank. I have to be honest, I was not really big on signing him. Comes off more like a superstar douchebag cancer than someone who can really "carry" a team.

How the hell do you know that he doesn't give a crap?

good question- I know he makes a ton of money but do we really think he has no personal pride and doesn't care that he is hitting .216 ? If anything we probably cares too much and has been pressing trying too hard to do well for his new team .

I'm not an athlete I'm a musician but ill say this if I made 15,000 a gig and played my guitar like crap I would be very upset at myself and I would surely care - I could be wrong he could be all about the paycheck but who of us would "not care" that we are doing a terrible job at the thing we love ?

That's an awful lot of pressing, to go on for over 2 months with no end in sight. 

He probably is pressing. I'm sure he's trying new things to make adjustments with. Pitchers have approached him way differently since this strike zone has totally expanded. His future success relies on how he starts changing his discipline.