• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time to boo Hamilton?

I would go to the game just to boo the hell out of Hamilton. I don't like this guy at all.

Why don't you like him?  I don't like his numbers  but other than an addiction we really don't know him.  I hope the team's coaches are trying to give him advice.

I say send his struggling ass into the 3 spot. Can't get any worse than it is right now. He's spent most of his career in the 3 hole and has said he feels more comfortable there. If the argument has been made for Trout to stay in CF, than why can't one be made to move Hamilton batting 3rd? I know this idea is beyond laughable, but we need to jump start him anyway we can. Put Pujols on the DL, move Aybar to the bottom of the order, and tell Josh it is his turn to contribute. Trumbo will provide better protection for him than vice versa. This Titanic of a season has already hit the ice berg.

I say send his struggling ass into the 3 spot. Can't get any worse than it is right now. He's spent most of his career in the 3 hole and has said he feels more comfortable there. If the argument has been made for Trout to stay in CF, than why can't one be made to move Hamilton batting 3rd? I know this idea is beyond laughable, but we need to jump start him anyway we can. Put Pujols on the DL, move Aybar to the bottom of the order, and tell Josh it is his turn to contribute. Trumbo will provide better protection for him than vice versa. This Titanic of a season has already hit the ice berg.

May not be a bad idea. Pujols prior to last year said he feels more comfortable batting 4th and JH prior to this season says he feels much more comfortable batting 3rd, yet our lineup starts the year the opposite.  I...dunno...WTF.

I wonder if the back spasm issue is just MS.  What I don't like is that we never hear, even from our TV announcers if the team has been trying to get him turned around.  Just silence on that front. Seems weird.

I wasn't talking about the back spasm issue, he had back spasms with the Rangers also, so I don't think it was MS. I'm talking about when he couldn't hit during day games, it was because he has blue eyes. Last year he blamed stopping caffeine and tobacco use. This guy always has an excuse. 

They need to seriously look at benching him vs lefties. He is pretty much a pitcher at the plate vs them

.394 OPS with a .203 slg %

That's right, a .203 slg % vs lefties. He has a .169/.190/.203 line vs lefties. 24 K's in 59 AB

So he can only go up from here!

I wonder if the back spasm issue is just MS.  What I don't like is that we never hear, even from our TV announcers if the team has been trying to get him turned around.  Just silence on that front. Seems weird.

if he had multiple sclerosis i don't think he'd be playing baseball

normally I don't speculate on a players level of interest or motivation. 

yet, in this case, I will mention that something bugs me about the guy. 

Granted, all I have to go on is what we get from the media and his limited appearances or quotes.  However, I am constantly left with the impression that he thinks he's above having to try hard because the fans think he should.  As if what he's been through makes him immune to expectation. 

I can understand that his addiction issues and recovery give him a much different perspective on how he approaches life and the pressure that comes with being a  professional athlete and in particular one that is under a microscope but its led him in the opposite direction to a point that he seems distant and uninterested. 

Some sort of acknowledgement that the fans spend their hard earned money and dedicate their time to wanting him succeed and essentially paying that big salary would be a start at the very least.

I think Albert is really good at that.  Even during his struggles he seems to offer this sort of understanding.  Josh leaves me with the impression that he is above having to concede that. 

Will I boo him?  Probably not.  Will I go out of my way to give him the benefit of the doubt and be patient while he struggles?  Probably not.