• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

No longer eligible HOF players

The active HOF players thread has me thinking about no longer eligible players that should be in the HOF. For me it's 

Lou Whitaker

Bobby Grich

Jim Edmonds 

Kenny Lofton

Tom Gordon (I know I'm crazy) 

Keith Hernandez 

John Olerud

Craig Nettles

Thurmond Munson

I'm sure I'm missing some, but feel free to add and argue. 

30 minutes ago, happybat4 said:

The active HOF players threat has me thinking about no longer eligible players that should be in the HOF. For me it's 

Lou Whitaker

Bobby Grich

Jim Edmonds 

Kenny Lofton

Tom Gordon (I know I'm crazy) 

Keith Hernandez 

John Olerud

Craig Nettles

Thurmond Munson

I'm sure I'm missing some, but feel free to add and argue. 

25 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think McGriff should be in the hall.  Also Kenny Lofton is highly under rated.  

Funny enough. I was going to mention Lofton in the other thread, as a "if this guy didnt get in".

Theres a ton of guys who should have gotten in, but didnt. Weve talked at length on here about Bobby Grich, for example. Again, I think baseball is just super hard to get in, by design. To keep it "mysterious".

11 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Thurman Munson got a lot of hype because of his unfortunate death - and being captain of the Yankees. I never saw him as an elite player, which should be a prerequisite for the Hall.

Munson was still productive when he passed and catcher is pretty underrepresented. 

Some intriguing names there for sure.  Do i really thing nay are HoF worthy, i dont know.  Like other im on the McGriff/Lofton train im just not sure that trains stop in Cooperstown.  You could make an argument both ways i think and for me thats not a good sign.
Both were tremendous players, im just not completely sure i can say hall worthy.. but definitely on the edge of it.

4 hours ago, floplag said:

Some intriguing names there for sure.  Do i really thing nay are HoF worthy, i dont know.  Like other im on the McGriff/Lofton train im just not sure that trains stop in Cooperstown.  You could make an argument both ways i think and for me thats not a good sign.
Both were tremendous players, im just not completely sure i can say hall worthy.. but definitely on the edge of it.

That's the point of this thread - players that are debatable. Guys that are sure things are already in.

19 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Funny enough. I was going to mention Lofton in the other thread, as a "if this guy didnt get in".

Theres a ton of guys who should have gotten in, but didnt. Weve talked at length on here about Bobby Grich, for example. Again, I think baseball is just super hard to get in, by design. To keep it "mysterious".

It really depends on position. It's incredibly difficult to get in as a starting pitcher or a second basemen.

I think for pitchers it's because of that "ace" idea... there aren't 30 ace's in the league, there are only a handful at any given time and almost all of them are sure HOFers. Every other pitcher gets compared to them, and voters don't want to put someone who wasn't an 'ace' in the HOF. 

Second base is really interesting. Almost all of the great second basemen of the last few generations have been roughly similar in career value... Guys like Whitaker, Alomar, Randolph, Sandberg, Grich, Kent, Biggio, Utley are all within about 10 war of each other. Grich is actually the highest of that group, he's 8th all time at the position by fWar.

10 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Abbott was missing fingers, and we were in awe of what he did without them. Verlander has all his fingers, and we're jealous of what he does with them.

I get that, but he shouldn't be treated any differently than other players because of it 

I'm sure he would agree 

46 minutes ago, Lou said:

I get that, but he shouldn't be treated any differently than other players because of it 

I'm sure he would agree 

Mainly here I was just trying to get Tank all hot and bothered.

Wasnt it tanks bday pretty recently? We should pitch in and get him a game used verlander ball... theres a chance verlander is dirty, and doesnt wash his hands...