• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Active Players You Think are HOF Worthy

Pretty self explanatory.  Which active players do you think will be elected to the Hall of Fame.  

Albert

Trout

Miggy

Kershaw

Greinke

Scherzer

Harper

Votto 

Stanton if he stays relatively healthy

I am missing a ton of guys.  Interested in what you all think.  

Posey, Mookie, Molina (though his boosted by reputation, not sure if he's "deserving").  We'll see how Lindor continues his career.  Acuna and Soto, 2 years into their careers.

I think Kimbrell can make it, assuming he isn't washed up.  Depending on how voters see relievers in the future, he was the most dominant reliever for a solid 5-7 years

Looked up Posey earlier today. I always felt like he was overrated because the catching position has lacked for a while (so he got the freebie all-star games and accolades), but he checks out.

I was trying to think of catchers, too, and couldn't come up with anything. Molina is there and Salvador Perez is solid defensively over a good stretch, but I don't think HOF material.

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Posey is a good one and I do think Molina will get in.  Mookie and Lindor are great ones if they can keep this up for a few more years.  Acuna and Soto have the potential, but way too early.  

Lindor for sure is not even in the conversation yet. 

And I think everyone is jumping the gun on Mookie, big time. Hes had a phenom year, and 2 really good ones... but if you look at them all together, the phenom year looks a bit more suspect. 

Hes young enough to get better, and keep it up a few more years. So he could.... i just think hes a guy whos hype and skills has blown up his reputation, versus whats really there. Ill say the same for Harper.

In basketball, both mookie and harper would be in the hall. Baseball is so much harder to get in...

Looking back at the last 2 decades.... think about guys like Giambi, and bobby abreu. Nomar. Teixeira. Jim edmonds. Etc. Are those guys getting in? Edmonds is already done i think, and the other guys are probably not. And mookie has a looooong way to go to match their careers.

And to me, harper is looking more and more like that group, versus the griffey jr arod mold that he was hyped to be.

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

What about andrew mccutchen? 

If hes not, like I said, Mookie....

I thought about him earlier. I think McCuthen is more like a Torii Hunter type....but with a couple more dynamic years. His numbers seem to dip dramatically since he left the Pirates, but had some great seasons there.

But an MVP, Gold Glove, 5x all-star, and 4x Silver Sluggers.

For me all bets are off when Harold Baines made it. I could see Andrew getting in down the road.

8 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

As much as it pains me to say it, I feel like David Price May squeak in, but not on a first ballot.  Same for Madison Baumgartner.  

Christian Yelich has the potential also.

I think Price would need a late career resurgence. Hamels and Lester have a better shot of making it. 

Just now, Brandon said:

I thought about him earlier. I think McCuthen is more like a Torii Hunter type....but with a couple more dynamic years. His numbers seem to dip dramatically since he left the Pirates, but had some great seasons there.

But an MVP, Gold Glove, 5x all-star, and 4x Silver Sluggers.

For me all bets are off when Harold Baines made it. I could see Andrew getting in down the road.

I dont think mccutchen does, but could be wrong.... and if he doesnt, mookie isnt in the conversation (yet).

To clarify, if i was a voter, id vote yes for mccutchen. And edmonds, and tex and all the other guys i listed above. 

I just think baseball is like 1 percent of guys get in. Nba is like anyone who made 2 all star teams. 

I think what it is is baseball, which is the oldest, has the most mystery and mystique. I think the voters and people who run the hall are always going to judge guys based on old ghosts, like mantle. Which isnt fair... but it keeps the legend of guys like mantle and mays so mythical.

A lot of these guys who cant get in are far better than some guys who did get in. Its just for whatever reason, the hall keeps it super exclusive. Which in some ways is really cool, other ways its kind of stupid.