Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

     

IGNORED

Top 5 Angels RF of all-time list


Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Salmon had the longevity here so I can see it, but if I was picking I'd go with Guerrero slightly. 

Let's take a look at their best seasons while with the Angels because you can't use Vlad's best season when he was with the Expos to be fair. 

Guerrero's 2004 MVP season was his best here with 2007 probably second. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 9.54.16 AM.png

Salmon's 1995 season was amazing! It's too bad the late season collapse took away from what a spectacular campaign. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 9.56.33 AM.png

If you're going by OPS alone, Salmon edged out Vlad. If you're going by traditional stats + the fact that Vlad led the team down the stretch in 2004 to the playoffs, he gets it. 

I vote for Vlad, but barely edged. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Salmon had the longevity here so I can see it, but if I was picking I'd go with Guerrero slightly. 

Let's take a look at their best seasons while with the Angels because you can't use Vlad's best season when he was with the Expos to be fair. 

Guerrero's 2004 MVP season was his best here with 2007 probably second. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 9.54.16 AM.png

Salmon's 1995 season was amazing! It's too bad the late season collapse took away from what a spectacular campaign. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 9.56.33 AM.png

If you're going by OPS alone, Salmon edged out Vlad. If you're going by traditional stats + the fact that Vlad led the team down the stretch in 2004 to the playoffs, he gets it. 

I vote for Vlad, but barely edged. 

Agreed, I was surprised how close it was, too.

Interesting to see Bobby Abreu get an honorable mention. I kind of remember him as just basic and on his down years before retirement. Am I wrong on this? Or do we just have a somewhat weak history of RF?

Edited by Brandon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Agreed, I was surprised how close it was, too.

Interesting to see Bobby Abreu get an honorable mention. I kind of remember him as just basic and on his down years before retirement. Am I wrong on this? Or do we just have a somewhat weak history of RF?

Yeah, pretty weak. 

Let's hope Jo Adell will change that. I'd really like a 2022 outfield to be homegrown like the 90's. We were blessed with 4 great outfielders in GA, Erstad, Edmonds and Salmon. 

Fun fact regarding right field. 

In 1986 the Angels had a strict platoon of Ruppert Jones and George Hendrick. They combined hit 31 HR with 96 RBI, which is pretty damn productive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Salmon vs Guerrerro is a tough one. The Angel fanatic in me always picks Salmon because he was the face of the franchise for some time--but Vlad has a hell of an arm, and I'll always choose him over Salmon at the plate. But, still, this is the toughest comparison you can make since LF belongs to G.A. and CF belongs to Trouty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

In 1986 the Angels had a strict platoon of Ruppert Jones and George Hendrick. They combined hit 31 HR with 96 RBI, which is pretty damn productive. 

Funny, was watching them a few days ago on the FSW replay. I remember very little about them because i was a little kid, but as soon as Jones came on screen i instantly remembered him.

Regarding vlad vs salmon, i think its important to remember salmon also played in a lot better lineups than vlad, most years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2020 at 10:53 AM, Brandon said:

Agreed, I was surprised how close it was, too.

Interesting to see Bobby Abreu get an honorable mention. I kind of remember him as just basic and on his down years before retirement. Am I wrong on this? Or do we just have a somewhat weak history of RF?

I think weak history to be honest.

I think its a combo of us being a "younger" team (versus the old ones), getting big name free agents in spurts instead of all the time ... and a history of getting a lot of past prime players over the years.

By the way.... torii played RF towards the end, but he'll probably be viewed as a CF only for this.

CF weve had some great ones.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

...Regarding vlad vs salmon, i think its important to remember salmon also played in a lot better lineups than vlad, most years. 

How do you figure that? Vlad played in the post season on 7 Angel teams...Salmon played on 3...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s probably just me but I always thought of Salmon as kind of a stoic player, not a lot of personality until 2002.  At the ALCS I was kind of shocked at how much emotion and fire he showed.  It was something I really didn’t expect.  I mean all the players were pumped, but Salmon was far and away the biggest personality guy on that team.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

It’s probably just me but I always thought of Salmon as kind of a stoic player, not a lot of personality until 2002.  At the ALCS I was kind of shocked at how much emotion and fire he showed.  It was something I really didn’t expect.  I mean all the players were pumped, but Salmon was far and away the biggest personality guy on that team.  

He was the oldest, probably wanted more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2020 at 7:49 PM, happybat4 said:

Fun fact, Bobby Abreu has a higher career WAR than Vlad. 

Abreu is pretty underrated. At his peak in philly, he was a monster. And STILL underrated. I think its because there were so many steroid induced power numbers going on, so a 30/30 guy wasnt as big of a deal at the time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...