• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Universal DH Happening

Lhalo

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, wtf?

That means every team gets a DH and an even playing field. If it makes the Dodgers better, so be it. The goal is to be better than them or any good team with the responsibility of each MLB team to get and be better.

I don't even understand the thought process that a rule change makes one team only better.

The thought process is NarrativeLand.   This is nothing new.  It’s coming from someone who thinks the stats that happen this year are artificial because fans won’t be at the games.  It’s gotta be awful to look at the worst part of everything.  

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The thought process is NarrativeLand.   This is nothing new.  It’s coming from someone who thinks the stats that happen this year are artificial because fans won’t be at the games.  It’s gotta be awful to look at the worst part of everything.  

image.gif

47 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The Dodgers led the NL in team ops and home runs last season. Just what is it that you don’t understand about handing them a DH in their lineup. Their pitching is pretty solid and now they won’t have to hit. 

Edited by RendZone

43 minutes ago, RendZone said:

The Dodgers led the NL in team ops and home runs last season. Just what is it that you don’t understand about handing them a DH in their lineup. Their pitching is pretty solid and now they won’t have to hit. 

You're linear with your thought process opposed to the overall big picture.

I don't know why you focus on just the Dodgers than the good of the game....which is the point of the thread.

52 minutes ago, RendZone said:

This will just make it even funnier when they fold in October.

1 hour ago, RendZone said:

So? Just because they led in ops and home runs last season does not mean they will do so next season. That is like saying well the Nationals won the WS last year so I guess no one has to play the next 10 seasons because they will win every year. I don't understand your thought process about this. This rule change doesn't help the Dodgers more than it helps any other NL team next year or the year after that.  

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

I wonder if the "purists" who hate the DH still wear suits to baseball games like in the old days... 

Do they also hate night games?

It was beyond time to make this change...

I can't speak for everyone who doesn't like the DH....but, I'm pretty ok with night games.   Some of my best memories are of low scoring extra inning games that go very late.   

I wonder if those who favor a DH are just stimulation junkies that wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they had to just hang out and talk with friends while a pitcher warmed up.   The same type that needs the game to go quickly so they can get home to their video games.   

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

I wonder if the "purists" who hate the DH still wear suits to baseball games like in the old days... 

Do they also hate night games?

It was beyond time to make this change...

I, for one, enjoy taking the trolley to each game and buying a bag of roasted chestnuts inside the stadium.

Which reminds me, I think it’s time for a new straw hat.

2 hours ago, RendZone said:

Well since I am not the one who mentioned the Dodgers, I am not sure why you are asking me.  Also once again, every team can use a DH.

On 5/13/2020 at 3:36 PM, Mark PT said:

I would add that there are also no places to play. Little league, high school, and recreational park fields are all closed. There are no places to play. even streets in OC are mostly crowded now, unlike in the 70s when I was  kid. 

Yep, the schools lock down due to idiotic vandalism.  When I was a kid in the 60's, 70's the high schools left their high jump pits and hurdles out for the entire season.  We'd have a blast just jumping into and over them.  When I coached track in the 90's, I left the hurdles out after one practice (the old wooden ones), someone leaned them up against the bleachers and put their foot through quite a few of them (the wood shop fixed them for me, nowadays, no more wood shop).

23 hours ago, RendZone said:

If anything I think this makes the Dodgers worse. The Dodgers have essentially been playing with a DH on their bench all along, now the other NL teams are forced to do the same.