• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 Major League Baseball Season Updates Thread

Chuck

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Did you hear Trout say this on Twitch or Twitter? 

Also, it's understandable in Trout's position he's in. Not so much for Snell. 

End result neither want to play.  The forum they share it in is irrelevant to the opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Fourts said:

People are crapping on Snell, and Bauer (among others), about their comments with regards to risk and possibly not worth playing.  Which i understand each side.  But imagine if our wonderful angelic Angel Mike Trout decided it wasn't worth playing this year.  How would we react to that?  He has tons of money and his wife is having a baby this year.  Yes, he'd be throwing away millions this year.  But he has more money than he can spend -- so he could do it.  How would we view THAT?  MLB comes back but some guys opt out and he's one of them.  So we have no Trout for the 2020 season.  Not he he has given any indication of doing so -- i'm just using him as an example.  

If Mike Trout doesn't want to play, fine with me.

If he starts talking about how much his salary is reduced, how much he pays in taxes... and says "I ain't making shit, bro".... fuck him

Just now, Stradling said:

End result neither want to play.  The forum they share it in is irrelevant to the opinion. 

Do you have Mike Trout quoted as to saying that since the negotiations have begun? 

If he said that a while back I can see it, as all you saw on the news was fearmongering talk. 

Just now, ScottT said:

If he starts talking about how much his salary is reduced, how much he pays in taxes... and says "I ain't making shit, bro".... fuck him

THIS! 

But we both know @ScottT that's not Mike Trout. 

Blake Snell on the other hand...

I don't blame players that have concerns about being quarantined with family while they play because if they bring the virus home to their family I'm sure they'd feel terrible.  That said it's the same decision anyone still going into work has to deal with every day while average workers aren't in anywhere near the same financial position as the average MLB player.  Hearing Snell or any other players say they want to get paid for a full year when they aren't playing a full year or complaining about money frankly makes me less interested in what happens but I'm not going to assume he represents the majority.  I'll be surprised if they end up playing at all this year.

28 minutes ago, ScottT said:

If Trout didn’t play the Angels would lose half of their viewership. If they fell deep down in the standings.......pitchers and catchers in February right?

Edited by RendZone

Some of these morons have no perspective.  Like the former governor of California (and countless others) sitting in his jacuzzi at his mansion urging people to stay home.  Easy for them to say and do. 

Mike Trout is not a moron. He won't say or do such things. 

8 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Baseball players in general (sorry to offend anyone) are not exactly the brightest bulbs intellectually.  I'd even place them on the very low end of the sports leagues.

Other than Cole and Bauer, of course 

On 5/13/2020 at 12:18 PM, Lou said:

Reading this thread, playing baseball in Arizona should be outlawed.

What about Texas? Or Atlanta? Or Kansas City? Or Baltimore? Or DC? Or ...

They play in heat and humidity every single season for those who may have forgotten.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

What about Texas? Or Atlanta? Or Kansas City? Or Baltimore? Or DC? Or ...

They play in heat and humidity every single season for those who may have forgotten.

Most games are played at night. In Arizona, thatd be somewhat of a problem. Tempe Diablo, for one, does not have adequate lighting. I'm sure theres a couple others at least. So you are gonna end up sharing places or playing lots of games at Chase Field. If you play lots of games at Chase Field, you are gonna run into game time issues... unfair rest... etc.  

Besides, AZ has a roof for a reason. Same goes for TX.  Same goes for Miami and Tampa.  Trying to play in FL outdoors in the summer would be a problem, too.

MLB is being smart and trying to avoid such problems. There are enough other issues, like Blake Snell not making shit, bro.... and suddenly being afraid for his life after thinking we were overreacting two months ago

1 minute ago, ScottT said:

Most games are played at night. In Arizona, thatd be somewhat of a problem. Tempe Diablo, for one, does not have adequate lighting. I'm sure theres a couple others at least. So you are gonna end up sharing places or playing lots of games at Chase Field. If you play lots of games at Chase Field, you are gonna run into game time issues... unfair rest... etc.  

Besides, AZ has a roof for a reason. Same goes for TX.  Same goes for Miami and Tampa.  Trying to play in FL outdoors in the summer would be a problem, too.

MLB is being smart and trying to avoid such problems. There are enough other issues, like Blake Snell not making shit, bro.... and suddenly being afraid for his life after thinking we were overreacting two months ago

All true.

my point was directed at the comments (not from you) about how MLB shouldn’t subject players to all that heat in Arizona, as if they don’t find it in all the other cities they already play in.

they should require all new stadiums from here on out to have a retractable roof. It’d end rainouts plus help with extremely hot days.