• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Prepare for War!

Lhalo

16 hours ago, RendZone said:

That’s not true Chuck. I’m a baseball fan that attends a lot of games. I just don’t rank it higher than life. Some people on social media are acting distraught because there’s no baseball on. It reminds me of the guy who chopped off his own fingers in Escape from Alcatraz because they took away his art painting privileges. “Painting is all I have” he said. 

I think people can wait until it’s safe to resume normal play.

This person on twitter couldn't have said it any better. I concur wholeheartedly. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 12.07.58 PM.png

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

This person on twitter couldn't have said it any better. I concur wholeheartedly. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 12.07.58 PM.png

Chuck this is not a permanent situation. Baseball will eventually be back with all of the other amateur and professional sports. It’s not like a holocaust situation. Sure it sucks but in reality it’s a good time to relax, reflect and spend time with family or work on projects that we’ve all procrastinated on.

People that insinuate that baseball is all they have and if they can’t fill that void by watching good old movies or watching old concerts, they really need to re-evaluate their life. I’m more than satisfied to wait for pitchers and catchers to show up next spring and let baseball restart things up appropriately. 

This no fans thing resulting in partial pay is going to end up being a clusterfuck of lackluster play. That coupled with Covid-19 daily tests that could sideline a player or several players or a complete team would cause another train wreck. Chuck, I want baseball but I want it in its purest form. With fans filling the stands. 

And i now dont have a lot of hope for this to actually happen.
If the owners are pushing revenue sharing and the players wont even talk about it, what motivation do the owners have to play at all and accept all losses?   Even half a season wont get them a normal half a seasons revenue.

If someone knows, as i dont, how would TV deals be paid?  based on x number of games or ? 

Im truly trying to understand how the players can just say no, what am i missing here as on the surface this feels like a have that cake and eat it to.  

The players union had done a pretty solid job of painting/exposing the owners out as the real bad guys over the last few decades but they are really going to end up shooting themselves in the foot if they refuse to budge or work with owners --  purely due to optics..   

Ownership saying they want the players to settle for a portion of "revenue sharing" is a total joke..  More than one former MLB CFO has gone on record saying they can take a 20 million dollar profit and turn it into a 30 million dollar book loss.  Teams that break their operations into different businesses (stadium, parking, concessions, TV, etc etc), will double dip/charge themselves to claim operating loses while the owners reap all the money.  When push comes to shove I think MLB caves into the player's demands because the last thing they want to do is make their books public and expose themselves for being the thieving ass-hats they truly are.