Sign in to follow this  
Brian Ilten

Arte and MLB Need to STEP UP

9 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Shit, Hot Damn makes his return. Brandon, and I were just talking about you.

@Glen, as a comma aficionado, was my use of commas in said post incorrect? 

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Oh and yes, I'm pretty hot about this subject so don't fight me on this. It has become personal to me.

I've had a good friend lose his restaurant business up here already and my brother put his heart and soul into his coffee shop in San Diego for the past four years, using his entire savings. Had a large customer base in a neighborhood and he lost his business as well. This shit has gone too far! 

I have a few good friends/family who have lost people to this disease.  Fight me on it.  Your friend is still alive.  The whole purpose of the shutdown is to slow the spread and mortality of this disease and it's finally starting to work.  Because it's working people are saying "muh freedoms!" and ignoring why it's working and by going out again like nothing is wrong.  Odds are it will cause a rebound in the disease.  

This post really fits on the main board and doesn't at all seem like it should be on the spin board.

9 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Shit, Hot Damn makes his return. Brandon, and I were just talking about you.

8 hours ago, m0nkey said:

I know you posted a link some time showing that your comma usage is not wrong, but dammit I will never get used to it. 

7 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

It's my understanding that you always use a comma after the word and. I'll accept if I'm wrong though.

3 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

@Glen, as a comma aficionado, was my use of commas in said post incorrect? 

I think this is one of those cases where either usage is acceptable.  That said, I agree with @m0nkey and my preference is for no comma there.  You wouldn't pause when saying it, unless you're William Shatner or Christopher Walken.  

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

I think this is one of those cases where either usage is acceptable.  That said, I agree with @m0nkey and my preference is for no comma there.  You wouldn't pause when saying it, unless you're William Shatner or Christopher Walken.  

I stand corrected. 

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/comma-before-and/

By the way, this rule only applies to lists of three or more items. You should not use a comma before and if you’re only mentioning two qualities.

Now if you excuse me, I have a copy editor I need to fire. 

@Chuckster70, I know everything is a libtard conspiracy to you.  I actually agree with some points you have.  2 months ago, I was expecting a tsunami of virus and killing.  It never happened.  I am actually glad!  As my wife points out, perhaps, just perhaps, it is because we have been practicing social distancing.  *Perhaps*.

Here are the WHITE HOUSE guidelines for opening back up states

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

CASES

Downward trajectory of documented cases within a 14-day period

OR

Downward trajectory of positive tests as a percent of total tests within a 14-day period (flat or increasing volume of tests)

Are the states satisfying the three white house guidelines?  Case trajectory is just one of the three.

So are they satisfying the white house guidelines?  Yes or no?  If the answer is no, then how is this a libtard conspiracy to sink the president?

1 hour ago, Glen said:

I have a few good friends/family who have lost people to this disease.  Fight me on it. 

RIP to your friends and family who lost people. I'm truly sorry for their loss.

I have had friends/family lose their battle with diseases, flu, drunk drivers and all sorts of other non-self induced deaths.

Most of all I have had a cousin of mine share a story of their good friend in New York who died from COVID-19 because of Gov. Cuomo. So yes, I will fight you! 

Study's have shown that the COVID-19 mortality rate is much lower than initially thought so while doing my part in social distancing, wearing a mask when needed, sanitizing my hands on the regular and not going out in public if I'm sick, there's nothing wrong with getting back to it right now.

The focus should be on keeping the elderly safe, as like influenza they're the most vulnerable to this virus.

You should save your energy and fight your fellow (D) Governors who moved COVID-19 patients to senior living homes, ultimately writing their death sentence. 

9 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Are the states satisfying the three white house guidelines?  Case trajectory is just one of the three.

So are they satisfying the white house guidelines?  Yes or no?  If the answer is no, then how is this a libtard conspiracy to sink the president?

The miracle hasn’t happened yet. I think the players should sign hold harmless agreements and let them risk their lives for our entertainment. When one or two players end up on ventilators the league will be toast.

Oh and almost 40 years later there’s still no vaccine for HIV. 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

I have a few good friends/family who have lost people to this disease.  Fight me on it.  Your friend is still alive.  The whole purpose of the shutdown is to slow the spread and mortality of this disease and it's finally starting to work.  Because it's working people are saying "muh freedoms!" and ignoring why it's working and by going out again like nothing is wrong.  Odds are it will cause a rebound in the disease.  

This post really fits on the main board and doesn't at all seem like it should be on the spin board.

Lockdowns don't prevent deaths, they just change the dates.

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

Lol @ moving this to the political forum now. 

Yep, good call...this thread was a "Trojan horse" on the MLB thread to complain about "dat there Democrats".  Yawn...

42 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

If you want to believe all of the numbers you're reading online or from CNN @yk9001 then you're truly in the libta** zone dude.

Even Dr. Birx believes the Coronavirus Death Toll is inflated by up to 25%. She goes on to say: “There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust,” Birx reportedly told CDC Director Robert Redfield.

Birx told The Post in a statement that “mortality is slowly declining each day,” and that the focus should be on protecting Americans who are older or have pre-existing health conditions that make them vulnerable to the virus.

“To keep with this trend, it is essential that seniors and those with comorbidities shelter in place and that we continue to protect vulnerable communities,” Birx reportedly said.

1 minute ago, Glen said:

So whomever moved this thread to the spin forum in the first place was right.  Interesting.

<bows out of the spin forum again

Yep...interesting

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

So whomever moved this thread to the spin forum in the first place was right.  Interesting.

<bows out of the spin forum again

This thread evolved to just politics and no longer baseball related. 

It's not very interesting.

Hope to see you again, @Glen

30 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

RIP to your friends and family who lost people. I'm truly sorry for their loss.

I have had friends/family lose their battle with diseases, flu, drunk drivers and all sorts of other non-self induced deaths.

Most of all I have had a cousin of mine share a story of their good friend in New York who died from COVID-19 because of Gov. Cuomo. So yes, I will fight you! 

Study's have shown that the COVID-19 mortality rate is much lower than initially thought so while doing my part in social distancing, wearing a mask when needed, sanitizing my hands on the regular and not going out in public if I'm sick, there's nothing wrong with getting back to it right now.

The focus should be on keeping the elderly safe, as like influenza they're the most vulnerable to this virus.

You should save your energy and fight your fellow (D) Governors who moved COVID-19 patients to senior living homes, ultimately writing their death sentence.