Sign in to follow this  
Brian Ilten

Arte and MLB Need to STEP UP

20 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I usually make a left at the right turn only exit to get back to the office because I’m an asshole like that. 

i just lost some respect for you.

if you tell me that you don't use your blinkers, then it's clear that we can never become friends.

Just now, Blarg said:

It's the same people that drive miles out of their way for the Arco that is 3 cents cheaper but charges you 45 cents to fill up. 

i see that you met my father-in-law a time or two.

My in-laws always get gas at costco. I showed them the math.

They go to coscto - 10 minutes away. 

Wait 15-30 minutes on average.

10 minutes to get home. 

35-50 minutes to get gas for 20 cents less per gallon than the chevron 1 minute from their house. 

They save less than $3.00 for the extra half hour (minimum) of time they're spending, not to mention the stress of being in a jam packed line of soccer moms.

"But I saved $2.80, Adam!" 

That isn't even including the $1.50 or so they're using in gas by travelling and waiting in line with the car running.

when my FIL lived in SE Nebraska, he could get gas for 2.16 in St. Joseph, Missouri. But if he drove another 25 miles to Hiawatha, Kansas, he could get it for 2.08. 

but on the plus side, Hiawatha had a walmart. and it wasn't even a full-size walmart.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

when my FIL lived in SE Nebraska, he could get gas for 2.16 in St. Joseph, Missouri. But if he drove another 25 miles to Hiawatha, Kansas, he could get it for 2.08. 

but on the plus side, Hiawatha had a walmart. and it wasn't even a full-size walmart.

haha i went to school 45 minutes north of st joseph. they had a mall. it was dope!

47 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I usually make a left at the right turn only exit to get back to the office because I’m an asshole like that. 

It's a must.

It's shorter distance for me to lave through the Park Ave. exit, but the traffic is nuts I'd rather take your route, make a right on Barranca, then a right on Tustin Ranch to get home.

41 minutes ago, Adam said:

I don't get the people that spend 45 minutes to save $4 on a tank of gas. Working for less than min wage

What sucks is there isn't much for gas stations around here, which might be the main issue. There is a Chevron at Jamboree and Barranca.

I have a Costco card and will grab gas there if it's in the morning, but any time after 10am I'd rather pay the extra at Chevron.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

haha i went to school 45 minutes north of st joseph. they had a mall. it was dope!

it was! i went to that mall many times.

did you ever eat at the valentino's on the main street in town? it was near the miniature golf place.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

It's the same people that drive miles out of their way for the Arco that is 3 cents cheaper but charges you 45 cents to fill up. 

You got top-paged so I have no idea what you were responding to, but I agree.

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

it was! i went to that mall many times.

did you ever eat at the valentino's on the main street in town? it was near the miniature golf place.

No clue

I think I have shared this story before, but when I used to have that area for work on Xmas even it took me 29 minutes to get from the INO at the district to the INO at the Market Place.  About 25 minutes of that was getting out of the parking lot of the District.  

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

It's the worst designed shopping center in the history of shopping centers. Whoever created the layout must have been on strong acid.

Virtually all crowded shopping centers suck.  Marketplace isn’t really all that better.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Virtually all crowded shopping centers suck.  Marketplace isn’t really all that better.  

The drive thru at the Marketplace is awkward but I can get out of the restaurant and onto Jamboree in probably 1/2 the time it would take me at the District.

7 hours ago, Lhalo said:

The drive thru at the Marketplace is awkward but I can get out of the restaurant and onto Jamboree in probably 1/2 the time it would take me at the District.

@Stradling, I just want you to know that when I used to go to the Marketplace location, I would always get the fries. I have it on good authority that the rest of the monsters here went to the Taco Bell next door to try and order fries. Idiots. Taco Bell doesn't have fries.

33 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

@Stradling, I just want you to know that when I used to go to the Marketplace location, I would always get the fries. I have it on good authority that the rest of the monsters here went to the Taco Bell next door to try and order fries. Idiots. Taco Bell doesn't have fries.

Before I was in my current position I managed that location from 2005-2009.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Before I was in my current position I managed that location from 2005-2009.  

What’s the deal with Chic-fil-A’s opening near some of your locations? Are they latching on to your location R&D?

29 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

What’s the deal with Chic-fil-A’s opening near some of your locations? Are they latching on to your location R&D?

They wouldn’t be the first.  

Gas mileage is the biggest scam perpetrated on the American public since One Hour Martinizing.

For one thing, mpg is logarithmic. The difference between 20 mpg and 30 mpg is the same as the difference between 30 mpg and 60 mpg.