Sign in to follow this  
Brian Ilten

Arte and MLB Need to STEP UP

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Lou said:

My SIL makes amazing flan.

I still think of the Friends episode where Monica makes Rachel a birthday flan.

Joey: "Happy Birthday, Rachel. Have some goo!"

I'd like to try real flan. I think I tried some white chain restaurant shit as a kid.

The one thing I can't do is Horchata. I never liked it. My sister loved it as a kid. My childhood friend loved it and they always had it in the house. Now at a restaurant the next dispenser over was always Orange Bang and that is solid.

Edited by Brandon

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

Born and raised in Vera Cruz. 

@Stradling the first words she learned in English were Double-Double.

Funny thing is I was cracking a joke, but realized the mortgage application questions.

1. Hispanic/Latino or not Hispanic/Latino

Is how you start it off. Basically, if you're Mexican or of any Latin descent you pick Hispanic/ Latino and White (which is the second question).

Always a funny one with Latinos. Dumb government questions but I had to convince them to say that and said it's more indigenous to Spaniards. Always made me laugh when I had to ask ethnicity, race, and gender to which they would just say, "I'm Mexican" before I even ask. 

8 hours ago, Lou said:

Born and raised in Vera Cruz. 

@Stradling the first words she learned in English were Double-Double.

That’s awesome, but from you I was expecting something like this.  
@Stradling here first English words were Double-Double, notice how her first words weren’t French Fries.  

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That’s awesome, but from you I was expecting something like this.  
@Stradling here first English words were Double-Double, notice how her first words weren’t French Fries.  

Dude I had no idea you could order inside at In N Out right now. I was waiting in the 50 mile drive thru and came to the realization that if I just walked inside it would probably only take about 10 minutes to get my food. 

It's funny, we have a messed up parking lot at The District. You see everyone in the drive-thru waiting and I just park and order inside.

I usually mark a car and when I go to leave maybe they finally made it up to the ordering speaker.

13 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Dude I had no idea you could order inside at In N Out right now. I was waiting in the 50 mile drive thru and came to the realization that if I just walked inside it would probably only take about 10 minutes to get my food. 

On 5/18/2020 at 4:47 PM, Stradling said:

So our dining rooms are now open for take out only.  So if you are in the mood for INO and you don’t want to be 30 cars back in the drive lane, go inside.  You gotta take it to go for now, but it is going to be quicker than waiting in the drive lane at this time.  

19 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It's funny, we have a messed up parking lot at The District. You see everyone in the drive-thru waiting and I just park and order inside.

I usually mark a car and when I go to leave maybe they finally made it up to the ordering speaker.

Fuck man the district is the worst. Hate having to go to that place

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

Fuck man the district is the worst. Hate having to go to that place

It really does blow. It's so bad they need crossing guards and had to remodel it because the Costco gas station held everything up and it's right next to the store that every Asian in Irvine/Tustin goes to....just a shit show.

I learned to go behind all the stores where the delivery trucks go if I want to go to InO or Chik-fil-a....or even to the bank. Same with exiting and going behind Target or Lowes.

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It really does blow. It's so bad they need crossing guards and had to remodel it because the Costco gas station held everything up and it's right next to the store that every Asian in Irvine/Tustin goes to....just a shit show.

I learned to go behind all the stores where the delivery trucks go if I want to go to InO or Chik-fil-a....or even to the bank. Same with exiting and going behind Target or Lowes.

I don't get the people that spend 45 minutes to save $4 on a tank of gas. Working for less than min wage