• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who would like to join Victor Rojas and I this Saturday at 6pm (PST) on Zoom?

23 hours ago, Tank said:

dirtbag

I hate that Long Beach State baseball nickname.   Leave it for the first Dave Snow coached team in 1989, CWS bound after being 15-50 the year before. 

Sorry for the vent, Weave, Giambi, Tulo, Longoria, etc.

Edited by Angel Oracle

On 5/5/2020 at 1:00 PM, Chuckster70 said:

We're going to talk Angels Baseball & MLB in general.

If you're interested let me know here or via a PM.

I'm going to select 10 total to join the video/audio conference, so 8 from here and maybe an @AngelsWin follower on Twitter and Facebook. 

When: May 9th at 6pm PST.

Platform: Zoom (Webcam & Mic required).

The link will be sent privately via PM here. 

Hi guys, our Zoom session with Victor Rojas is on track for 6pm PST. 

If you didn't receive the invite let me know ASAP. Also, it could have been sent to your SPAM or Junk folders, so check that out as well. 

Chuck, thanks so much for putting this together.  A lot of great stories and great questions from knowledgeable fans.  Look forward to seeing the recording!

-- David Byerman a.k.a. Capital_Dave

P.S. For those who might be interested, here is Victor's call of Sammy Sosa's 600th HR: 

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

Chuck I wanted to thank you again for setting this up. I am sorry I had to leave when I did but I appreciated the invite.  It was fun and interesting. Thanks!

I'll have the video of the entire two-hour long chat with Victor so you can catch up on what you missed @southpaw.

Thanks for tuning in. 

To everyone here who attended from here @Spirit, @John Taylor, @Brian Ilten, @Angel Oracle, @southpaw, @wopphil , @Capital_Dave, @Tferreri and those who couldn't make it @Adam & @Stradling, here's the video recording.

Two hours of just awesome baseball talk with Victor and an entire background on how he got to where he is today!

Thanks for putting this together Chuck. I had to leave it a little bit early, but wanted to ask Victor how he thought the COVID situation would impact the offseason and 2021 season. Specifically, the impact on Eppler’s contract status, as well as whether it increases or decreases the odds we bring back guys like Castro, Simmons, La Stella, Teheran. Did Victor address this at all in the second part of the chat?

9 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Thanks for putting this together Chuck. I had to leave it a little bit early, but wanted to ask Victor how he thought the COVID situation would impact the offseason and 2021 season. Specifically, the impact on Eppler’s contract status, as well as whether it increases or decreases the odds we bring back guys like Castro, Simmons, La Stella, Teheran. Did Victor address this at all in the second part of the chat?

We did talk about some moves that need to be made and ones that were not made (Stripling/Pederson deal) and quite a bit about the COVID-19 situation we're in. 

Definitely check out the video when you have some free time. So much was covered and we could have talked for another 1-2 hours very easily. 

• Chuck locked this topic

Annotation 2020-05-09 210638.png

Boy has it been a long offseason when you consider spring training was cut in half and the start of the regular season was postponed until a day yet to be determined in the future due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.

To say it has been a brutal past couple months is an understatement for everyone involved. Sports always has a way to unite people and especially after a tragedy, but unfortunately because of the times we're living in there has been more division among people that goes well beyond just the stay at home orders. 

Baseball, sports in general, have a way to unite people and nudge us to overlook differences that normally would divide, by joining in one accord to root on our favorite sports teams. 

We as baseball fans specifically have had a major void in our lives. The online banter here at AngelsWin.com during the games, calling out the manager's decisions, or simply just taking in a ball game at home with family, at the sports bar with friends or at the ballpark among those who all seemingly are in it to win it alongside you as you cheer on your team to win. It has been a while since we've had a meaningful conversation with a friend or family member about the game we love. 

Until last night. 

The voice of the Angels @VictorRojas29 took two hours of his Saturday night away from his schedule and family to talk to the fans and it was exactly what we needed. 

Victor talked about his early career in baseball, his professional career after MLB and how he went from the diamond to the booth doing play by play. 

The Q&A session with the fans revealed some amazing insight and stories that have been heard before, so if you're itching for baseball talk as I'm sure you are and  you missed out on the discussion with Victor, tune in below.

Also, if you haven't checked out Victor's Big Fly Baseball Show or visited Big Fly Gear and purchased some gear, what are you waiting for? 

Now enjoy two hours of talking Baseball. 

View the full article

• Chuck unlocked this topic

@VictorRojas BigFlyGear produces All-Star quality in terms of look, originality & feel. If you love America's pastime, check out https://bigflygear.com & go online shopping today! I just got some new gear in the mail today and tried it on. Feels like some buttery goodness on ya! 

I can't wait to fill this baseball bat mug with a cold one here shortly.

EX7PMdvUEAATJxo.jpeg

EX7POpDUMAAkuV3 (1).jpeg

EX7PN5fU4AA7pkt.jpeg

EX7PNHxUYAAUbk1.jpeg

97779615_10222311176704778_5707078819811164160_n.jpg

@Brandon I know you're a big KC guy having family there and all. In the Zoom video we recorded from last Saturday, Victor talks a bit of Kansas City and his roots there. 

I thought you might find it interesting. If you don't want to watch the entire two hour video, you can just minimize the video and listen to the audio like it was a podcast show or something. I think you'll like it. 

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@Brandon I know you're a big KC guy having family there and all. In the Zoom video we recorded from last Saturday, Victor talks a bit of Kansas City and his roots there. 

I thought you might find it interesting. If you don't want to watch the entire two hour video, you can just minimize the video and listen to the audio like it was a podcast show or something. I think you'll like it. 

Yeah, what's funny is when someone backed out of the press team and I was able to fill in those shoes I had a very hard time getting players attention or interviews. Victor was nice enough to talk to me for an interview and even took his time with me knowing I was new, didn't really know what I was doing, and as a last minute replacement wasn't prepared like someone else having time would be. He was a cool dude and we mainly just chatted in a casual manner with me asking pretty basic questions. He could have easily blew me off, but was a complete pro.

When we talked during the early batting practice behind the batting cage him and I spoke about KC and shared our experiences.

Cool dude. Thanks for sharing this.

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, what's funny is when someone backed out of the press team and I was able to fill in those shoes I had a very hard time getting players attention or interviews. Victor was nice enough to talk to me for an interview and even took his time with me knowing I was new, didn't really know what I was doing, and as a last minute replacement wasn't prepared like someone else having time would be. He was a cool dude and we mainly just chatted in a casual manner with me asking pretty basic questions. He could have easily blew me off, but was a complete pro.

When we talked during the early batting practice behind the batting cage him and I spoke about KC and shared our experiences.

Cool dude. Thanks for sharing this.

Oh that's right, I totally forgot you went to the stadium with a press credential with @Victor for AW years ago.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Oh that's right, I totally forgot you went to the stadium with a press credential with @Victor for AW years ago.

No, it was just me alone. Maybe he was supposed to be there, but I was alone. Luckily, I ran into Denton and Jason in the corridors heading to the lockeroom and dugout. They kind of gave me a brief run down how things work then I just kind of tried to seek out players. It was a trip to see how restricted the media is and also how the players know how to avoid them. There was some complications getting my press pass when I arrived, so I caught the tail end of Bobby Abreu addressing the media in the dugout. That's when I just saw Victor standing there alone watch BP and asked if he'd like to chat.

Then once the first BP is over you kind of bebop around or go grab lunch up in the media area cafeteria type thing....that's where I met that dude from Fox that used to the pre or post game show. I should know his name because he's been a host or Angels public figure for many, many year and looks like Mark Langston a bit.

Then when the pregame BP starts up we all went back down to the field. I didn't know to clear out and got to interview the bullpen coach...who I also forget his name, but remember him on the Pirates when I was a kid. Another cool dude, but hard to transcribe the interview because of a slight language barrier and how it was recorded. Dude just let me sit in there with him and that's when I went up to Weaver and the infamous, "I'm pitching today, bud" happened and the few players in the dugout got a laugh. It was so humiliating haha that I went back up to the press box and was just dejected watching the game with the other media dudes.

Good times dude. A memory I'll never forget that was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I've always appreciated the chance and trust to represent the board that day. It was a cool experience even though I hated it towards the end and knew I never wanted to be a journalist.....you get your dick kicked in quite a bit and deal with a ton of rejection. 

30 minutes ago, Brandon said:

No, it was just me alone. Maybe he was supposed to be there, but I was alone. Luckily, I ran into Denton and Jason in the corridors heading to the lockeroom and dugout. They kind of gave me a brief run down how things work then I just kind of tried to seek out players. It was a trip to see how restricted the media is and also how the players know how to avoid them. There was some complications getting my press pass when I arrived, so I caught the tail end of Bobby Abreu addressing the media in the dugout. That's when I just saw Victor standing there alone watch BP and asked if he'd like to chat.

Then once the first BP is over you kind of bebop around or go grab lunch up in the media area cafeteria type thing....that's where I met that dude from Fox that used to the pre or post game show. I should know his name because he's been a host or Angels public figure for many, many year and looks like Mark Langston a bit.

Then when the pregame BP starts up we all went back down to the field. I didn't know to clear out and got to interview the bullpen coach...who I also forget his name, but remember him on the Pirates when I was a kid. Another cool dude, but hard to transcribe the interview because of a slight language barrier and how it was recorded. Dude just let me sit in there with him and that's when I went up to Weaver and the infamous, "I'm pitching today, bud" happened and the few players in the dugout got a laugh. It was so humiliating haha that I went back up to the press box and was just dejected watching the game with the other media dudes.

Good times dude. A memory I'll never forget that was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I've always appreciated the chance and trust to represent the board that day. It was a cool experience even though I hated it towards the end and knew I never wanted to be a journalist.....you get your dick kicked in quite a bit and deal with a ton of rejection. 

Thank you sharing that @Brandon. I now remember that day You went there. Totally forgot about it.

16 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Thank you sharing that @Brandon. I now remember that day you went there. Totally forgot about it.

Yeah, I spent a lot of time transcribing the interview with Victor and it was in here for a while. I kind remember doing a mini Q&A in the thread where we posted the interview and I talked about my experience as a Joe Blow everyday type of guy and what I got to experience, how things worked, etc. Just a chance for people to ask questions about everything.

I think the interview may be lost when we did a board update.

We played the Rays that day. Outside of seeing the Angels players I remember walking past Evan Longoria and just kind of internally saying, “Holy shit!!!”