• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moves the Angels have made that the majority of the fanbase liked, but you disliked, or vice versa?

mmc

What are some moves the Angels have made that most of the fanbase liked, but you disliked, or vice versa?  For me, it’s the Cron for Rengifo move, while Cron has bounced around a lot lately, he’s still a better option for 1B compared to what our options have been since getting rid of him, and I’d much prefer to have that than Rengifo, who I’m not convinced tops out as anything more than a utility infielder.

15 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Disliked the Simmons trade. I loved Aybar and thought Newcomb was going to be good. Thought Simmons was a light hitting infielder that wasn’t needed. Turned out to be a good trade. 

That's how I felt, too, but in my memory most of the people here disliked that move, or at the very least did not understand it. Am I remembering that correctly?

I disliked signing Josh Hamilton and trading Joe Saunders for Dan Haren. (I feel I was right about the former and wrong about the latter.)

Also, I know this isn't an "Angels move," but I was really disappointed when we went from Hudler to Rojas. I was spectacularly wrong, as I enjoy Victor WAY more than I ever did Rex. (Not an exact comparison, as one was color and the other play-by-play, but I view both of them as the dominant presence in the booth.)

2 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

I hated the Gary Matthews deal.  How the FO made a deal for 5 years and 50 million to a guy who had one mediocre year was ridiculous.  

I'm fairly sure I'm going to like the Anthony Rendon deal.

He made one really good catch though 😉

Didn’t like the Hamilton signing but that really wasn’t an uncommon opinion......thought Pujols was a bad idea but not as bad as Hamilton....most were at least accepting of Pujols....I thought the Simmons trade was bad because I liked Newcomb....missed that one...and I was wrong about Santiago for Nalasco and Meyer...thought it was a bad deal...

3 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Disliked Pujols deal from day 1, but to be fair I was advocating for Fielder.

I was highly in favor of Simmons and felt like a minority. 

I was stoked for Hamilton. thought 5 years was a good deal lol

Could be worse. I was advocating for Pujols AND fielder...

Was super against the Hamilton move at the time. I wanted pitching, and I knew we would end up losing someone in the process. I figured bourjos, or trumbo. Turned out to be both, and Torii....

I know some here didnt like bourjos, and thought trumbo was whatevers... but both, for the money, versus hamilton, and his money?...

Also hated missing out on beltre... most on here wanted crawford. Beltre to me was the key because we had no 3B... i wasnt even a beltre fan, and thought hed be the seattle version here... but knew we had no 3B in the minors, and all the good 3Bs at the time were locked up. Beltre and BeltrAN, imo, were our two biggest screwups in the 2000s. Both would have been perfect fits, and the money spent on the alternatives far exceeded what those two would have cost.

I was dead wrong about Simmons. 

The one move I can think of is the Kotchman for Texieria trade.  Everyone HATED that trade.  They thought Kotchman was going to be a great 1bman and I thought no way didn't hit for enough power and didn't walk a lot.  Yea his glove and contact is good, but not anything special. 

9 hours ago, aznhockeyguy said:

The one move I can think of is the Kotchman for Texieria trade.  Everyone HATED that trade.  They thought Kotchman was going to be a great 1bman and I thought no way didn't hit for enough power and didn't walk a lot.  Yea his glove and contact is good, but not anything special. 

Uh no.....we were a championship caliber team and Tex was a huge get....Kotchman's star had already faded a bit at the time of the trade....The reaction was overwhelmingly positive about the trade as I recall....

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Was super against the Hamilton move at the time. I wanted pitching, and I knew we would end up losing someone in the process. I figured bourjos, or trumbo. Turned out to be both, and Torii....

I know some here didnt like bourjos, and thought trumbo was whatevers... but both, for the money, versus hamilton, and his money?...

Also hated missing out on beltre... most on here wanted crawford. Beltre to me was the key because we had no 3B... i wasnt even a beltre fan, and thought hed be the seattle version here... but knew we had no 3B in the minors, and all the good 3Bs at the time were locked up. Beltre and BeltrAN, imo, were our two biggest screwups in the 2000s. Both would have been perfect fits, and the money spent on the alternatives far exceeded what those two would have cost.

The whole reason I'm here (via ESPN board) is because I heard the rumor about Beltran and was hitting refresh on the ESPN board trying to get updates as I really wanted him to be an Angels player.

11 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yeah I wanted Beltre over Crawford too. I envisioned Beltre as a nice 20-25hr and good defense type guy. Man he took off. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Hated the Hamilton signing. We needed pitching. Struck out on Greinke and pivoted to Hammy. Everything that happened afterwards aside, I was not a fan.

Hopefully the Rendon situation ends up different.

Rendon is in a different league from Hamilton. Both as a player and person. I think Rendon is gonna turn out to be our best free agent signing ever. With his bat control and approach to hitting, he can be an all star caliber hitter for his entire contract.