Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

     

IGNORED

Albert Pujols not yet ready to talk retirement


Recommended Posts

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29124358/angels-albert-pujols-not-yet-ready-talk-retirement

Angels' Albert Pujols not yet ready to talk retirement

Albert Pujols, who celebrated his 40th birthday in January, has already cemented his place in the Hall of Fame. But a shortened or canceled 2020 season would significantly affect his ability to reach key milestones.

Pujols sits 44 home runs from 700 and 298 hits from 3,500; only Hank Aaron has both. Next year will mark the end of his 10-year, $240 million contract with the Los Angeles Angels, which is presumed to also coincide with the finale of his career.

He isn't so sure about that...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, aznhockeyguy said:

At this point, he's going to play out the rest of his contract unless the Angels release him. 

He’s doing the organization an injustice by staying. Both in performance and financially. They could certainly use the money for pitching and that valuable roster spot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, RendZone said:

He’s doing the organization an injustice by staying. Both in performance and financially. They could certainly use the money for pitching and that valuable roster spot. 

I don't blame him, they gave him the money and he took it.  It's a sunk cost at this point and the Angels should release him if they want to make the team better.  It's a joke he's still on a MLB roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still find it wild that people seriously expect him to just walk away from that type of money because of pride or whatever.  He has a contract.  He’s going to collect on it like any sane person would.  The Angels have to just eat it if they think he’s not worth having on the team.  Nothing new here, I think they should release him.  Or give him the Ichiro treatment or just make him a coach.  Whatever.  It doesn’t matter that much. 

Edited by UndertheHalo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Still find it wild that people seriously expect him to just walk away from that type of money because of pride or whatever.  He has a contract.  He’s going to collect on it like any sane person would.  The Angels have to just eat it if they think he’s not worth having on the team.  Nothing new here, I think they should release him.  Or give him the Ichiro treatment or just make him a coach.  Whatever.  It doesn’t matter that much. 

They need to put him up for adoption or just drop him off at the nearest fire station. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So this is a guy who is supposedly devoted to the interests of the team above and beyond any selfish reasons, yet wants to continue as long as possible in order to reach his precious career "milestones".

I knew it. We all did. 

When his contract is up, pay him his $10 million "personal services" money up front and say goodbye. Then get on with the job of restoring this team to greatness. I want to watch a playoff game before I die. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, RendZone said:

He’s doing the organization an injustice by staying. Both in performance and financially. They could certainly use the money for pitching and that valuable roster spot. 

Why would he give up the money? Nobody forced Artie to sign him for that amount or length. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Why would he give up the money? Nobody forced Artie to sign him for that amount or length. 

Well yes we all know that he’s getting the money but the Angels could certainly take away his roster spot. They should just buy out his playing time, ceremoniously retire his no. 5 and appropriately place his placard next to Jimmie Reese. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...