• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Corona Virus Poll, Week 8

Corona Virus Poll, Week 8  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be sports with fans in attendance this year?

2. 2. Quarantine should be over when...

• The curve has flattened
    • There is a vaccine
    • Now, let people do what they want
    • When scientists say it is ok
    • When the government says it's ok
    • Never I quite like this never leaving my house stuff
  3. 3. How are you feeling week 8 of the pandemic?

4. 4. Have you donated money to any charities during this pandemic?

5. 5. Should the Angels and Dodgers be in the same division?

Welcome to week 8 of the pandemic. Hope everyone is feeling well and in a good mindset. Hoping everyone enjoys the poll and has a terrific weekend and week. Be safe out there kiddos. As always if you have any questions in mind for next week post them in the thread below. Thanks B

This week has been much better for me than last week where I was going absolutely insane. I am still not perfectly sane this week, but feeling in better spirits. Maybe it's I see light at the end of the tunnel or just haven't looked at that much news or that I accidentally spilled an entire glass of water on my computer and killed it a day ago and I stopped thinking about the corona virus I don't know. But all in all a better week. 

As suspected, I got tested for the antibodies and, yes I tested positive for the antibodies, meaning at some point I had the virus (depending on the validity of the test, which had a 96% accuracy rate according to our Medical Director).  I’m confident it was in mid to late February when it was running rampant at work.

I donate blood quite a bit, so I figured testing positive would have been a good thing from the accounts I heard, so I called the Red Cross and asked if I could come down and donate, of course explaining my situation and the fact I have O+ blood.  Their response was absolutely not.  I was a little surprised at this, but didn’t question it.

is anyone hearing anything contrary?  I thought having the antibodies would be beneficial and help the public and those affected?

Thank God for self quarantining early.

Edited by PattyD22

1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

As suspected, I got tested for the antibodies and, yes I tested positive for the antibodies, meaning at some point I had the virus (depending on the validity of the test, which had a 96% accuracy rate according to our Medical Director).  I’m confident it was in mid to late February when it was running rampant at work.

I donate blood quite a bit, so I figured testing positive would have been a good thing from the accounts I heard, so I called the Red Cross and asked if I could come down and donate, of course explaining my situation and the fact I have O+ blood.  Their response was absolutely not.  I was a little surprised at this, but didn’t question it.

is anyone hearing anything contrary?  I thought having the antibodies would be beneficial and help the public and those affected?

Glad you’re ok. How long were u sick for if u can recall. I had a couple friends who have had it and two of the three had to be hospitalized for 4-5 days. 

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Glad you’re ok. How long were u sick for if u can recall. I had a couple friends who have had it and two of the three had to be hospitalized for 4-5 days. 

I had a slight fever and body aches for a few days, not that bad.  The persistent, dry cough (which I still have) was the shitty part.  

Honestly, I’ve had flu viruses that were worse than this, but I’m not going to downplay the ‘Roma virus.  It just didn’t hit me as hard as others.

i was never hospitalized.  Just quarantined at my house and stayed clear of the wife for a while.

Edited by PattyD22

4 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Interesting about donating blood. Could it be that while the test confirmed you have the antibodies, it doesn't confirm you no longer have the virus, and so in theory, you could still have the virus and trasmit it?

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Interesting about donating blood. Could it be that while the test confirmed you have the antibodies, it doesn't confirm you no longer have the virus, and so in theory, you could still have the virus and trasmit it?

Hell if I know brother?  They wouldn't give me any info except the Phlebotomist told me I couldn't donate at this time.  But I'm on the list of available donors when I can.

I thought that was crazy so I called my Medical Director who hasn't replied yet.

Same as every week: I feel better about the virus, worse about the economy. We were successful in ensuring the health care system was not overwhelmed with patients. While many appreciate this success, a large number of people are now screeching that the next wave will be worse and demonizing anyone who suggests reopening the economy. Some of them are genuinely concerned from a health standpoint. Many of them want the economy as devastated as possible.