• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baseball in 2020?

Lhalo

They will wait as long as they can, as the article says, before they pull the trigger....well in to May....they don't want to put a plan in place and then deal with a spike in cases, as the article says....I would think the 3 state deal is the best bet right now....but leaving room to change course if things look better later in the summer....not sure what I think about a "giant playoff"....sounds kind of clunky and like a gimmick but nothing will be normal so who knows.....the part about playes and owners arguing about finances isn't surprising...but I think that will be overcome, too much incentive to get it done and too much lost if it doesn't....

I haven’t read this article, but the previous article I read said utilizing the three states would allow them to play multiple games a day in stadiums with domes (Texas, Florida).  So I am guessing it would be morning and then night?  To allow for an entire disinfecting process to take place in between?  

I'm still all for a March Madness-style tournament if it's possible. Seven game series all the way through. Every team gets seeded according to record from last year (I'm sure some tiebreakers will be needed). WS teams from last year get a bye, but in a "screw the Astros" twist, we give their bye to the Yankees, because even being fair kinda sucks sometimes. From there, start the seven gamers. The max number of games a team would have to play to win it all would be 35, the minimum would be 16 (if a team with a bye sweeps every series). They could start this as late as mid-September and still get it done by the end of October.

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If the league and the players union come to an agreement then why would any fan have a problem with a modified  season being played?  

Exactly. I don't get the "it'll just be some watered down form of normal baseball" argument. I'll happily take whatever we can get when the time is right and it can be done responsibly/safely. I'll be perfectly willing to argue about how the league sets stuff up when they come back, but as long as it's some kind of a season/tournament/event I'll be happy. 

20 minutes ago, Don said:

Exactly. I don't get the "it'll just be some watered down form of normal baseball" argument. I'll happily take whatever we can get when the time is right and it can be done responsibly/safely. I'll be perfectly willing to argue about how the league sets stuff up when they come back, but as long as it's some kind of a season/tournament/event I'll be happy. 

^^^^   Watching old games on ESPN and MLB hasn’t much appealed to me....Andy Griffith re-runs are getting old...let’s play, we’ll see how it goes....

1 minute ago, failos said:

It would be fun to try that on @Angel Oracle. Erase all his memories of 2005 and have him watch the ALCS.

Haha.  I was more thinking of pick a year, and let the MLB app pick a game for you to watch.  You could put in parameters if you’d like, like win/loss, home/away, maybe even starting pitcher.  I would select a year and that’s about it.   Unless it was in the 90’s then I might want to go back and see certain starters like Finley.  

1 minute ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

One thing about it - if MLB has had any brainstorming about anything different, this would be the year to put it on the field and see what the reception is.

Mic'd up players, DH in the National League, and reintroduce the color barrier.

I still wish, but it won't happen, that the following would take place.   

Players return to ST in mid-May and play 9am ST games in empty settings in their usual ST stadiums.

Then a 108 game season opens around June 12, playing two 3 game series per week, 12 games each against division teams and 6 games each vs the rest of their league with NO games vs the other league (like the old days).     Reg season ends around October 21, post-season stretches to at the latest November 20.

WS games would only be played in the afternoon, also just like the old days.