• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Video Memories

Brandon

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

Discovered this a few days ago. Better than Cam.

Crazy, what year was this? '94?

I always liked Chili and one of my baseball regrets was I missed, I believe, a season opener because I wasn't feeling good. I gave the ticket to my sister and she went and saw Chili Davis either hit a grand slam or game winning home run. It was so long ago I don't remember, but I'll never forget her gushing about it and how I felt like a dumb shit for not going.

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Crazy, what year was this? '94?

I always liked Chili and one of my baseball regrets was I missed, I believe, a season opener because I wasn't feeling good. I gave the ticket to my sister and she went and saw Chili Davis either hit a grand slam or game winning home run. It was so long ago I don't remember, but I'll never forget her gushing about it and how I felt like a dumb shit for not going.

Based off the video description, looks like June of 1993.

I know we lost the series and basically got demolished but loved that we put up a little fight towards the end.

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Based off the video description, looks like June of 1993.

I know we lost the series and basically got demolished but loved that we put up a little fight towards the end.

The one where Guillen was suspended and Anderson had pink eye or something like that.

When healthy and no clubhouse issues, I thought this was another WS team.

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Like Chili Davis, another one of my old favorites. Dude was super human fast and strong. 

Devon White steals 2nd, 3rd and home! 

Devo is still one of my top 5 favorite Angels... never became a superstar... but man he was cool. 

This team has never been very good at developing pitchers, or superstar hitters.... but weve been blessed with some pretty amazing center fielders over the decades.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Probably my favorite Angels player of all-time

Talk about a phenom game. I remember watching that one, had my back turned for the GS

Been watching the replays lately of the 02 playoffs.... at his peak, GA was just automatic. And had one of the prettiest swings of all time.

That GS swing at the end of this clip..... gorgeous. Not "super steroid guy muscles it out".... just perfect, smooth technique. Griffey/Bonds style. Perfect balance.

I'm trying to find that Erstad Yankees game where he went nuts and made that ridiculous catch in the gap. Can't find it, but come across this

The best part of that yankee game... is after the catch, he leads off the 10th with the game winning home run.... yankee fans gave him an ovation for the catch, too

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Talk about a phenom game. I remember watching that one, had my back turned for the GS

Been watching the replays lately of the 02 playoffs.... at his peak, GA was just automatic. And had one of the prettiest swings of all time.

That GS swing at the end of this clip..... gorgeous. Not "super steroid guy muscles it out".... just perfect, smooth technique. Griffey/Bonds style. Perfect balance.

No doubt. I played little league, but never really played baseball after that. Just some adult league type stuff or our softball games we'd do here......which I still laugh at making a spectacular diving catch in left that @LightTheHalo joking said "Hollywood" like I was a sandbagging Jim Edmonds.

But when I did play I always had copied his mannerisms, stance, and swing. I remember one time I even messed up the bottom of my foot because I would do the bat-to-cleat thing he would always do when he stepped out of the box. I've always loved his swing.

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The best part of that yankee game... is after the catch, he leads off the 10th with the game winning home run.... yankee fans gave him an ovation for the catch, too

yeah, we as a group need to find this highlight game....even if roy firestone is the one that calls the action

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

No doubt. I played little league, but never really played baseball after that. Just some adult league type stuff or our softball games we'd do here......which I still laugh at making a spectacular diving catch in left that @LightTheHalo joking said "Hollywood" like I was a sandbagging Jim Edmonds.

But when I did play I always had copied his mannerisms, stance, and swing. I remember one time I even messed up the bottom of my foot because I would do the bat-to-cleat thing he would always do when he stepped out of the box. I've always loved his swing.

Thats funny... i did the same toe tap, for wally joyner, haha.

And used to rest the bat on my shoulder like brian downing.

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Everyone remembers speeze.... but to me, this was always the biggest hit of that game.

Speeze got them closer, made it respectable if they lost. Erstad leads off the 8th with this, and you knew they were gonna win, even still down by 1

I'm a math dude, but not a mathematician and there were no analytics back then for odds and probabilities. But doing the eyeball test, the odds of coming back down by two in the 8th have to be less than 15%. What a game and what a team. Historic might be a reach and a bit biased, but that comeback is one for the ages and I'm glad we all got to experience that....the same way I did with the Chiefs during the Super Bowl.

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Thats funny... i did the same toe tap, for wally joyner, haha.

And used to rest the bat on my shoulder like brian downing.

Yeah, I had some weird combo of Griffey Jr. and GA.

I think there is even a pic on this site of me from one of the softball games that looks like them both together. High elbow, bat straight up, a mix between both of their foot stance. Both just pretty swings.

The one where Guillen was suspended and Anderson had pink eye or something like that.

When healthy and no clubhouse issues, I thought this was another WS team.

I was at game 1 of the playoffs. People forget about that 04 team... glaus was hurt, came back like a month ahead of schedule, but wasnt the same. And salmon threw out the first pitch of game 1... on crutches.

If they had never had injury problems, the lineup was insane...

Eck

Erstad

Vlad

GA

Glaus

Guillen

Salmon

Molina

Kennedy

What could have been....

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

That one is still the most impressive ive ever seen

Yeah, he was nuts. I always hoped he stayed an Angels player. I still remember when he entered the HR derby in KC. There is a small KC hall of fame museum type thing in left field. Dude was hitting the roof  of the building during the derby. One of the craziest things I have ever seen.