• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Corona Virus Political Poll, Week 2

Corona Virus Political Poll, Week 2  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is calling it the Chinese Virus or Wuhan Virus racist?

2. 2. Are you happy with how Gavin Newsome has handled the pandemic?

3. 3. As of today who will you be voting for in the 2020 Presidential Election?

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Not Voting
    • Independent
    • Green Party Candidate
  4. 4. Is global warming happening?

5. 5. Should prostitution be legal?

I don’t really get the BS about calling it the “China virus” and it being racist or whatever.  It came from China.  Who gives a shit.  Also, the brain dead chuds that do or say shit to Asian Americans.  Or any Asian folks.  As if the impetus for them doing that shit is calling the virus some name.  

Some people seriously think that all the problems in the country begin and end with completely meaningless un PC language they don’t like.  Pretty fucking dumb. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

14 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t really get the BS about calling it the “China virus” and it being racist or whatever.  It came from China.  Who gives a shit.  Also, the brain dead chuds that do or say shit to Asian Americans.  Or any Asian folks.  As if the impetus for them doing that shit is calling the virus some name.  

Some people seriously think that all the problems in the country begin and end with completely meaningless un PC language they don’t like.  Pretty fucking dumb. 

China has a billion and a half people. This isn't the first virus that originated there and won't be the last. Ergo, "China virus" isn't really going to be specific enough in the long run. Since it's 2020 and not 1918, a group got together and named it. So it's known throughout the world by multiple names now. I don't really give a flying rats ass which name you choose to use. My earlier post was just to point out that China is not a race so calling it China or Wuhan virus or Kung Flu or whatever wouldn't be racist it's more xenophobic. I actually kinda like when you give the gen pop multiple choices like this because it helps me get a better sociological profile depending on which name you cling to

About the virus itself. They're discovering new info about it's origins regularly. Tons of people have had it but never knew it. Is it feasible that it could eventually be determined that patient zero isn't from China? Are all the "China virus" proponents going to be willing to suddenly start taking the extra typing time if it becomes the "Poughkeepsie virus"?

8 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

China has a billion and a half people. This isn't the first virus that originated there and won't be the last. Ergo, "China virus" isn't really going to be specific enough in the long run. Since it's 2020 and not 1918, a group got together and named it. So it's known throughout the world by multiple names now. I don't really give a flying rats ass which name you choose to use. My earlier post was just to point out that China is not a race so calling it China or Wuhan virus or Kung Flu or whatever wouldn't be racist it's more xenophobic. I actually kinda like when you give the gen pop multiple choices like this because it helps me get a better sociological profile depending on which name you cling to

About the virus itself. They're discovering new info about it's origins regularly. Tons of people have had it but never knew it. Is it feasible that it could eventually be determined that patient zero isn't from China? Are all the "China virus" proponents going to be willing to suddenly start taking the extra typing time if it becomes the "Poughkeepsie virus"?

I don’t disagree with any of this.  I’m just saying, I don’t really understand what i would say is, an excessive overreaction to the terms “China virus” or “Wuhan virus”

anyway, I’ve always just referred to it as the corona virus or covid 19 myself. 

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t disagree with any of this.  I’m just saying, I don’t really understand what i would say is, an excessive overreaction to the terms “China virus” or “Wuhan virus”

anyway, I’ve always just referred to it as the corona virus or covid 19 myself. 

Cmon, man. This entire planet these days is one big excessive overreaction. I'm still pretty confident that it could eventually be known as "Xi's warning shot"