I just read @Stradlings news that his June Hawai’i trip is cancelled and it got me thinking.  I was supposed to leave this Saturday for 2 weeks there and I’m obviously not now.  My New Zealand trip last month was one of the first casualties and even up until about a week before I thought I might still be going.  

I’m sure many of us have summer plans which are in doubt.  Obviously if you were planning on a cruise that shit ain’t happening (they should just sink them all at this point). Sorry @Tank

Has anyone flown since March 15?  Is anyone here actually going to keep any travel plans over the next couple of months?

We have an Oregon trip planned at the end of June and I’m thinking we may still go (and extend it since everything else got f*cked). 

I looked online for a ticket to Chicago a couple of weeks ago for May and it was $29/round trip.  

I’m just wondering where you are going and if you think you’re gonna actually make it there.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I flew to Salt Lake today and doing an all nighter in the ICU with my Mom. Tomorrow will be the last time I will be able to hold her hand. Thursday I fly home. It may be a while until the actual funer

We were supposed to visit a bunch of friends in Texas over Spring break. Tahoe in June Montreal in July Orlando in November. I'd bet my testicles I'll still have to go fucking Flor

I just got my confirmation from SpaceX... My trip to the moon has been postponed.

Posted Images

we weren't planning on a cruise for this summer, cals. in fact, we didn't have any family plans for travel. the only event on our family radar was my daughter's 21st bday that we are trying to hold at the magic castle. that's in july so things are on hold for now.

2021 we're planning on going to maui, but that's too far away to think about right now.

my men's chorus had to cancel a trip to buffalo, rochester, and syracuse scheduled for june. my 8th graders had to cancel our class trip to anaheim scheduled for last week. 

I have trip planned to the Big Island in late September. Hoping all is open by then.

My daughter just flew to Houston from Las Vegas and only 15 people on the entire flight. LV airport only had 2 restaurants open.

We have a trip planned for Palm Springs the last week of June, but I am increasingly pessimistic about actually being able to go. I don’t think restaurants and hotels will be up and running by then.

We were wanting to go to Hawaii in October, but I am also growing pessimistic about that. While I anticipate hotels will be open by then, I assume operations will be scaled way back and it won’t be easy or fun to travel. 

Honestly, I think 2020 is going to be a total loss. I don’t even think the baseball season is going to happen. It sucks because it isn’t like we are going to get this year of our lives back again. 

cancelled trips to Karlskrona Sweden, Prieska South Africa, Kiev, Cattolica Italy and Mexico through the end of the summer

Also was going to Ningbo China but didnt book anything..... I really wanted to go to Urumqi 

Off to Waco TX in the next couple weeks unless they dont allow me, time to bring to covid there

Edited by notherhalo

Back in February I planned a road trip that would have ended today; I was going to see six baseball games (four minor league, two major) in 8 days and a bunch of museums. 

I also was planning to take my parents on a road trip to Mt. Rushmore (and some other sights) in August. Even if the country has opened back up by then, I'm going to push that trip to the fall. Ideally, I would say "let's do it in 2021 instead," but of course when you're dealing with two senior citizen parents, there is always a Sword of Damocles hanging when you make plans too far in the future. 

Had to cancel a trip to SoCal in early April, and a potential trip out to the Carolinas never really got off the ground due to the virus. Admittedly, both would have been for funerals. But still, it's a chance to see some friends and family. I usually do two or three float trips down in the Ozarks over the course a summer, and I imagine those won't be happening either (who knows, maybe by late summer). Sucks missing out on those, as they are usually a blast.

Hadn't booked anything yet but our original plan coming into 2020 was Maui in May then Europe in September or October.  I'm not going to book anything unless it's fully refundable because the world is going to deal with outbreak waves and there's no way to know when a wave hits, where it hits or how long.  Hawaii right now is quarantining people for 14 days who come onto the island and I believe it's more or less closed off to people who don't live there.  I'd love to get a Maui trip in later this year but unless there's a complete 180 I'm not counting on it.  I don't want to travel somewhere and run the risk of getting stuck there because that area goes into quarantine or flights back to the US are limited.

We were supposed to see the Rolling Stones in a few weeks and I'm be curious to see if they end up cancelling that tour or just pushing it back.  Also had a family camping trip in June that I was 50/50 on because of the location.  We convinced them to push the date back and we're looking at another location.  I'll play that one by ear as I don't want to be trying to go right when things open back up because I imagine it will be a mad house.  If kids end up back in school for the next school year it should be less crowded but if they're still "home" schooling and things open up I imagine it will be crowded. 

I was supposed to leave to the Big Island next week. Bummed about missing that trip as it coincided with a golf tournament I was in. Was worried about getting a refund (instead of a voucher) on my plane ticket, but then United cancelled my flight so I got my $ back. 

Supposed to go to Sandy Eggo for a week in late June, then to Boston in July. I really hope these trips happen. I need to get away. 

Supposed to see Megadeth/Trivium/Lamb of God/In Flames in July (bday present from my sons who wouldve been going with me)...yeah, I'm sure that's toast.  Annually we go to my in laws' lakehouse in New Hampshire every summer.  Guess that's out too.  A couple weekend camping trips have already been killed.

Biggest concern, is my oldest son is one of the Drum Majors for Trabuco Hills High School, they were one of 67 high school bands across the US selected to be in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.  We've been fundraising and working toward it now for over a year already.  He and his friends would be crushed if that gets cancelled.  Which I am almost positive will happen.

2 hours ago, Don said:

I usually do two or three float trips down in the Ozarks over the course a summer, and I imagine those won't be happening either (who knows, maybe by late summer)

i wouldn't do anything until Marty, Wendy, and Ruth get their issues resolved.

14 hours ago, calscuf said:

I just read @Stradlings news that his June Hawai’i trip is cancelled and it got me thinking.  I was supposed to leave this Saturday for 2 weeks there and I’m obviously not now.  My New Zealand trip last month was one of the first casualties and even up until about a week before I thought I might still be going.  

I’m sure many of us have summer plans which are in doubt.  Obviously if you were planning on a cruise that shit ain’t happening (they should just sink them all at this point). Sorry @Tank

Has anyone flown since March 15?  Is anyone here actually going to keep any travel plans over the next couple of months?

We have an Oregon trip planned at the end of June and I’m thinking we may still go (and extend it since everything else got f*cked). 

I looked online for a ticket to Chicago a couple of weeks ago for May and it was $29/round trip.  

I’m just wondering where you are going and if you think you’re gonna actually make it there.

What in the hell are you going to do in Chicago?

My in laws moved to Texas last week, and we went with them to help. We made the 20-hour drive and then flew home from DFW. 

Other than being less crowded and the TSA agents and other employees wearing masks, the airport experience wasn't all that different. They didn't screen us, take our temperatures, or ask any questions about being sick. We were surprised.

Our flight did get cancelled twice, and both times they rebooked us on later flights. I assume it was due to too few passengers to make the flights economically worth it for Delta.