• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Fans restless with no baseball games, no ticket refunds

Frustrated over an inability to get refunds for tickets to baseball games that might never occur – or might occur in isolation with no paying audience – two fans have filed a lawsuit in federal court against Major League Baseball, all 30 teams and ticket sales companies StubHub, Ticketmaster, Live Nation and Last Minute Transactions.

The lawsuit also seeks to be expanded to a class-action lawsuit, which could include dozens of fans or more and “demands a refund of ticket costs and ancillary fees for games that have not been played” in excess of $5 million.

Officials for both the Dodgers and Angels said the teams are abiding by Major League Baseball’s policy in regards to games postponed – they have not been canceled yet – during the coronavirus pandemic.

The ticket page on the Dodgers’ website promised to “provide more information about our plans, including our ticket policy for impacted games, as soon as it is available.”

“We ask that everyone keep their tickets for all home games as Major League Baseball and the Dodgers continue to evaluate events leading up to the start of the season,” the statement reads.

Angels spokeswoman Marie Garvey indicated the team has been “responding” to fans seeking refunds.

“We still remain hopeful that there will be a 2020 season,” she said. “Since spring training, we have fulfilled and will continue to fulfill any fan’s requests regarding their tickets. Our fans continue to remain a priority in all of our business operations and decisions.”

A decision to start giving ticket refunds to fans could trigger other issues for MLB teams. Sponsors might also seek refunds for games that have not been played, further depleting team revenues.

The Dodgers and Angels were each scheduled to have played their 23rd games of the 2020 season Tuesday night – the Angels at home against the Baltimore Orioles, the Dodgers in Washington against the defending champion Nationals. MLB has announced no plans to restart the season

View the full article

Responding? What the hell does that mean? I haven't been on here much, but do any of you have more info??

I'd be furious if this had happened after I spent $2500 on tickets like last year... or more... as I have in years past. If theyd just twiddled their thumbs. Thankfully, I only have $120 in limbo with the 66ers.