• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Last Dance

4 hours ago, Keener said:

Bulls were pretty much revolving door c.  Perdue, longley...

Also had kukoc who was pretty good.

Perdue, Longley and Wennington aka what Jordan referred to as 21 feet of shit.  Teams as dominant as the bulls have their fans then pretty much everyone else dislikes them or flat out hates them but I still respect what they accomplished.  Maybe it's just me being nostalgic but I preferred the 90's and early 2000's NBA to what followed and there was no shortage of talent when the bulls were winning.  If Jordan didn't retire for a few years Hakeem and Drexler would likely be on the long list of players who never got a ring.   

11 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Perdue, Longley and Wennington aka what Jordan referred to as 21 feet of shit.  Teams as dominant as the bulls have their fans then pretty much everyone else dislikes them or flat out hates them but I still respect what they accomplished.  Maybe it's just me being nostalgic but I preferred the 90's and early 2000's NBA to what followed and there was no shortage of talent when the bulls were winning.  If Jordan didn't retire for a few years Hakeem and Drexler would likely be on the long list of players who never got a ring.   

Yep. Meant to add those last two to my post earlier about list of guys who never won a ring. And drexler, who i loved, and hakeem especially, who imna huuuuge fan of, are both top 25 guys. Olajuwon is a top 10 guy.

But, to be fair, the dream/glide rockets i think could have beaten chicago. 50/50

Hakeem especially. He never had anyone until drexler got there. Like wilkins. People forget rookie hakeem destroyed kareem, knocking the showtime lakers out of the 86 playoffs (in between rings, so they were still at their peak), and took the 86 celts to game 6.... the 86 celts being considered as the best team ever.

Then he spent the next close to a decade with a bunch of nobodies.

The rockets won back to back championships while Jordan was out in 94 and 95.  In Jordan's first full season back in 96 the bulls won 72 games while the Rockets still had Olajuwan, Drexler, Cassel (good player in his own right especially as the third option) then in 97 they added Barkley.  Drexler was one year older than Olajuwan, Jordan and Barkley while Pippen was two years younger than those three so age wise they were all in the same generation.  Olajuwan is probably a top 10 guy when you consider his all around game and I enjoyed watching him play but considering the bulls never lost in the finals I'd still give them the edge.  Unfortunately with Jordan stepping away we'll never know but I always wondered how those finals would have played out.

That would have been a fun match up.

Not sure any of the white centers could matchup with Hakeem. They also had Horry, Cassell, Thorpe, Elie, Maxwell, and Kenny Smith.

That '94 year they swept one of the best teams I have ever seen assembled in the Orlando Magic. Shaq and Penny were great and many thought they just needed a PF, so they brought in Horace Grant. 

On 4/21/2020 at 8:26 AM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The rockets won back to back championships while Jordan was out in 94 and 95.  In Jordan's first full season back in 96 the bulls won 72 games while the Rockets still had Olajuwan, Drexler, Cassel (good player in his own right especially as the third option) then in 97 they added Barkley.  Drexler was one year older than Olajuwan, Jordan and Barkley while Pippen was two years younger than those three so age wise they were all in the same generation.  Olajuwan is probably a top 10 guy when you consider his all around game and I enjoyed watching him play but considering the bulls never lost in the finals I'd still give them the edge.  Unfortunately with Jordan stepping away we'll never know but I always wondered how those finals would have played out.

Yeah, Hakeem to me is easily top 10. People sort of forget him because after the two rings, he was old kind of soon after... but its because he played on such bad teams for almost a decade before the rings. People forget that part.

Could dominate other bigs (beat shaq, ewing and robinson in the playoffs), could guard small players (for a C he looked like Lebron), dominant as hell scoring wise. 

Retired top ten in scoring, rebounds, blocks and steals. If you add his blocks and steals together, hes like 2000 more than the next guy.... he was a beast

15 hours ago, Keener said:

Watched first 2.  Enjoyed them.  Some fun blast from the past players that i had forgotten.  Orlando Woolridge. Sidney Moncrief!  I didnt remember that wennington was still around in the late 90s.  Also forgot they had Joe Kleine.  They really did roll through the tall white guys. 

Orlando was one of my faves as a kid, before i knew what coke was.

Moncrief was a stud.