• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels favorite teams of the past

Three heartbreakers.

1995 California Angels. I was a kid, but the team was good and I had an older neighbor that took me under his wing as a mentor and took me to a bunch of games this season and even bought me my first Angels hat. The games we played against that dynamic Indians team were great. Then we blew it and I ran home from school to miss the first part of the game and then watch us get beat by the Mariners in the one game playoff. Anderson, Edmonds, and Salmon as an outfield was a treat to watch.

2008 LA Angels. When we got Teixera at the trade deadline and the way we played going into the playoffs, I thought this would be a WS team. 

2014 LA Angels. I may be wrong on the date, but it was the year we had the best record in baseball and got swept by the Royals. To produce that well all season and then shit the bed in the playoffs is insane. I think this was the playoff series where Aoki made that ridiculous catch that seemed to change the whole series.....in a normal world we get a double and score some needed runs, but it ended up being the final out of the inning where a dude wasn't even looking and made a crazy catch.

I forget the seasons, but honorable mentions to, I think, the 2005 LA Angels.....the AJ Pierzynski series. I thought this would be another WS and this seemed to change the series. Side note, if you Google his name to check the spelling the first drop down is literally "aj pierzynski angels". The other one, I forget the year, but it was the one where we were one strike away from taking a commanding lead against the Yankees only for Frieri to leave a fastball up and A-Rod hit a game tying HR in the 9th.....could be a little off on the particulars, but that was the basics. Also, the year we had a lineup all above .300....I was at that game and think it was against the Indians and Orlando Cabrera hit a game winning grand slam in extra innings.....good season, maybe that was the 2008 season above.

Edited by Brandon

16 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I was at that game 5 of playoffs in 86 did not go to game in 87. 

Ugh.

I still blame myself.  While i was popping off to my buddy, sox fan, Henderson goes deep.  

Learned a valuable lesson that day.  STFU till its over.  Fortunately for us,  Dusty Baker didn't learn that lesson until after 2002.

Such a painful experience in '86.  I remember the Anaheim PD lining the field to hold back the celebration...

When Buckner botched that dribbler up the first base line I shouted, "Yes!!!  Now you feel our pain!!".

Although, I think that Buckner represented everything good about baseball.  I still remember when he came up with the Dodgers, quite a AAA team they had in 1970 (Garvey, Lopes, Russell, Charlie Hough, Valentine, Rau, Zahn, Paciorek, Doyle Alexander, with Cey, Ferguson, and Yeager waiting at AA).  Talk about a home grown team!

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Three heartbreakers.

1995 California Angels. I was a kid, but the team was good and I had an older neighbor that took me under his wing as a mentor and took me to a bunch of games this season and even bought me my first Angels hat. The games we played against that dynamic Indians team were great. Then we blew it and I ran home from school to miss the first part of the game and then watch us get beat by the Mariners in the one game playoff. Anderson, Edmonds, and Salmon as an outfield was a treat to watch.

2008 LA Angels. When we got Teixera at the trade deadline and the way we played going into the playoffs, I thought this would be a WS team. 

2014 LA Angels. I may be wrong on the date, but it was the year we had the best record in baseball and got swept by the Royals. To produce that well all season and then shit the bed in the playoffs is insane. I think this was the playoff series where Aoki made that ridiculous catch that seemed to change the whole series.....in a normal world we get a double and score some needed runs, but it ended up being the final out of the inning where a dude wasn't even looking and made a crazy catch.

I forget the seasons, but honorable mentions to, I think, the 2005 LA Angels.....the AJ Pierzynski series. I thought this would be another WS and this seemed to change the series. Side note, if you Google his name to check the spelling the first drop down is literally "aj pierzynski angels". The other one, I forget the year, but it was the one where we were one strike away from taking a commanding lead against the Yankees only for Frieri to leave a fastball up and A-Rod hit a game tying HR in the 9th.....could be a little off on the particulars, but that was the basics. Also, the year we had a lineup all above .300....I was at that game and think it was against the Indians and Orlando Cabrera hit a game winning grand slam in extra innings.....good season, maybe that was the 2008 season above.

You can't talk about heartbreak and the Angel's and not reference 1986.  My favorite team was 82

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

You can't talk about heartbreak and the Angel's and not reference 1986.  My favorite team was 82

Like last time you quoted me, it's a subjective question. I can answer how I'd like.

I'm also 38 and was only 4 when the 1986 team played, thus it was not mentioned as I never watched or remember shit from it.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Like last time you quoted me, it's a subjective question. I can answer how I'd like.

I'm also 38 and was only 4 when the 1986 team played, thus it was not mentioned as I never watched or remember shit from it.

Calm down Brandon!  It wasn't a personal attack.  I was given my personal opinion as well.

You seem awfully sensitive fore a benign statement.

2005 was by far my favorite 

We were robbed. We would have demolished the Astros in the World Series. I still don’t think I’m over it

also 2014. Played KC tough in games 1 and 2. Both games could have gone either way. I believe we would have been in the World Series if we got passed them

On 4/19/2020 at 9:57 AM, Brandon said:

Three heartbreakers.

2009- Brian Fuentes