• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

All 11 Angels wins during 2002 postseason will air on Fox Sports West

Chuck

I don't know how many of you caught it, but while Darin Erstad was manning center field (and catching the final out) in the Game 7 replay on FSW, he was also punting for the Nebraska Cornhuskers in the NBC Sports Network replay of the 1995 Orange Bowl. Huskers beat Miami 24-17 in that one to win the first of back-to-back national titles.

• 2 weeks later...

Heads up everyone

FSW is still playing old school games. Pretty rad... watched Witts no hitter last night, today is suttons 300 win. Lots of these arent on youtube. 

It was cool as hell to watch non highlights, just old at bats from reggie, and downing and decinces. Nice nostalgia trip. Witts had nasty breaking stuff.

The downer of it all was a dugout shot.... where the only player with his back turned so you could read the jersey, was tommy john.....

Felt like looking into a crowd, and seeing the grim reaper walking unnoticed in the background.

Yep, the words "Tommy John" sure had a different meaning to us Angels fans in the mid-'80s than it does now.

It's been kind of cool to see certain players again in an Angels uniforms. "Oh, yeah, Dante Bichette and Devon White started out with the Halos." "Ah, now I remember when Claudell Washington and Johnny Ray played for us."

I noticed in tonight's game (Langston/Witt no-hitter), when Edgar Martinez made the error on the grounder that would have loaded the bases with no out, except Bichette overran third and the shortstop backing up tagged him out. You could see Moose Stubing barking at him as Dante was on his way back to the dugout. I think that was one of many brain farts committed by a young Bichette that made the Angels cut bait on him after the season ended.