• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

All 11 Angels wins during 2002 postseason will air on Fox Sports West

Chuck

57 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Same. Finally a day off, was headed to the gym.... it can wait for a bit...

Wasnt it the 5th inning the merry go round happens?

We all remember the SF games (and im waiting for game 4, if i remember that was a good one). But these yankee ones are sort of forgotten goodness. So mad i missed games 2 and 3 😕

Yes B5 and it is almost here

😀

11 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Watching game 4 against the Twins right now....

F*ck! That team always just blew up at some point, tons of runs.

Bengie Molina just hit a 2 run triple in the 8th....

Damn this team used to be fun...

I was watching it too. Pretty typical game for that team. The lineup was deep, Speizio, Molina, Kennedy were hitting 7,8,9, and there was no coming back off that pen.

Radke was great, and in today's game he probably gets pulled before giving up those runs. When you need to use 4 relievers to try and navigate that lineup someone is gona blow it. 

I had forgotten about what a gem Lackey threw that night. 7 scoreless innings, 2 hits, 7 K's, 0 walks.

If the opponent didn't stake themselves to a big enough lead they were in trouble. As we saw with Francisco Rodriguez coming in to pitch the 8th, very few could touch him. One of the swings I saw on his slider has got to be one of the worst swings I've ever seen. Webber was like the 4th or 5th guy out of the pen that postseason, which is pretty impressive.

12 hours ago, mpcincal said:

Watching the ALCS clincher now. It's been very enjoyable, but one thing I've realized is that watching these games against the Twins reminds me how annoying it is listening to Steve Lyons give his game commentary.

Lol... yeah, id forgotten about Lyons until the last few days.

Watched the clinching game against the twins last night. One thing I didnt remember at all was how close the game was when AK hit the 3rd one. I remember the game being a blow out (they scored 13 runs), but I forgot it was super close before they exploded.

Of the maybe 4 games ive watched in the last week, 3 or so of them have gone like that... tight game, then the team just exploded. Was so cool to watch.

And yeah, ALF, that pen was filthy. I've always said that was our "moneyball". We didnt have the big name ace pitchers of other teams (oakland had 4 horses). But we were one of the first teams to employ a super deep pen. Not just a closer and set up guy. But 3 guys who could close.

16 hours ago, mpcincal said:

Watching the ALCS clincher now. It's been very enjoyable, but one thing I've realized is that watching these games against the Twins reminds me how annoying it is listening to Steve Lyons give his game commentary.

Haha! Yeah he is awful, and it was one of the first things I noticed. 

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

And yeah, ALF, that pen was filthy. I've always said that was our "moneyball". We didnt have the big name ace pitchers of other teams (oakland had 4 horses). But we were one of the first teams to employ a super deep pen. Not just a closer and set up guy. But 3 guys who could close.

It's crazy to think that Scot Shields was the long man out of the pen for that team. 

16 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Was shields already there? I thought he got there after?

Yeah he threw 49 innings to a tune of a 2.20 era during the regular season, then he only got into one blow out in the postseason and that was in the World Series vs the giants. Pretty deep pen. 

4 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yeah he threw 49 innings to a tune of a 2.20 era during the regular season, then he only got into one blow out in the postseason and that was in the World Series vs the giants. Pretty deep pen. 

Damn, i totally forgot that.

Yeah.... you know your pen is legit when percy leaves, and you almost get better.

15 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

K-Rod being K-Rod in GM 2 vs San Francisco.

What a hell of a game. The score would mislead you but Lackey and K-Rod were the difference makers.

It was so weird seeing such a young, and living Kobe Bryant at the game, dressed in red with his rally monkey. 

Just now, Tank said:

Glaus doubles in GA and Figgy. Angels go up 6-5.

One of my lasting and favorite moments of this WS run is watching Bonds and his flailing glove chasing down Glaus' drive to the wall.

2 key misplays in LF this inning were difference makers.