• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Election

2020 Election  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you value more?

• The U.S. Constitution and the will of the voters
    • #Overturn!

On 7/29/2020 at 11:52 PM, Blarg said:

Your primary was fixed. You never had a choice, just like in 2016. And yet you are still going to support this lack of democracy just so you can win... nothing. Biden is not going to lead any reforms. He will settle into the chair and sign what he's told to. To make those that put him there even more enriched. 

At least if Trump wins it may finally kill off the boomer hold on the DNC and you can see relevant candidates that aren't some legacy of the failed 70's political machine. Flush the over 60 crowd and start over with candidates that are just a sleight bit less polluted by the machine politic. 

Then you can point fingers at the Republicans as being different because you at least will be choosing your candidates rather than accepting dictatorship by your party.

Until then you are just a bunch of whining losers. 

It's not about loyalty, it's not about team politics, it's purely self defense to vote against Trump, and not just for me as an individual, but for the survival of this country. Voting against Trump will be the most patriotic thing I'll ever do in my life. It has absolutely nothing to do with the democratic party, ZERO. Trump will do nothing to advance left politics, not directly, not indirectly, not in any way. He is the absolute antithesis of my political, social, and ethical beliefs. 

1 minute ago, Angels Never Die said:

but for the survival of this country.

This is such ridiculous hyperbole. Before COVID-19 the unemployment rate was at it's lowest in 50 years. Unemployment in the Black communities were at an all time low. 

The survival of this country is not about social justice bullshit, it is about providing jobs. And the previous administrations failed miserably at job creation in the private sector, trying to buoy their stats by increasing government jobs that are only a tax burden. 

You want your team to win. Great. Good luck with that since your team picked the absolute worst opposition candidates they could farm out of actually qualified candidates. They don't represent your political views, they are established hard core centrist and right leaning. They will do nothing to promote your agenda.

So even if Biden and Harris win over Trump and Pence you've done nothing more than put party cronies into the White House that will continue to pass Wall Street legislation. Your life changes in no way. 

Yay patriotism. 

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Someone in SF voting for a Dem (where they have a strangle hold) is going to be the most patriotic thing you'll do in your life?

Yup, not exactly a flag waver here. Trump is an existential threat to democracy, him losing is massively fucking important for the future of this country. He is trying to dismantle the post office during a pandemic in order to suppress voter turnout for fuck's sake. I hate the DNC, I hate Biden and Harris, but it's nothing compared to the damage Trump has done and will do. So yeah, it's patriotic, I'm going to donate and advocate for Biden, and I'll feel dirty as hell doing it, but I have no choice. 

43 minutes ago, Angels Never Die said:

It's not about loyalty, it's not about team politics, it's purely self defense to vote against Trump, and not just for me as an individual, but for the survival of this country. Voting against Trump will be the most patriotic thing I'll ever do in my life. It has absolutely nothing to do with the democratic party, ZERO. Trump will do nothing to advance left politics, not directly, not indirectly, not in any way. He is the absolute antithesis of my political, social, and ethical beliefs. 

The last sentence is all that matters. The rest was hyperbolic, left wing talking points. 

1 minute ago, Angels Never Die said:

Apparently I have to spell it out for some people.

I will support those that most align with my beliefs. As a conservative I did not vote for Trump because I don't feel he holds true conservative values and I don't like him as a person. Do I think he's a threat to our democracy? No, as he won't be there forever and congress and courts do not always side with him. There is no way I'd ever vote for someone that I truly disliked  

1 hour ago, Angels Never Die said:

Trump is an existential threat to democracy... 

The Democratic party didn't sidestep Democracy by forcing two party picks upon it's constituency?

If you said you were going to vote independent in protest of having your rights to a democratic process stripped from you then I could respect that. But you don't seem to have a real conviction, just a packaged excuse. 

22 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The Democratic party didn't sidestep Democracy by forcing two party picks upon it's constituency?

If you said you were going to vote independent in protest of having your rights to a democratic process stripped from you then I could respect that. But you don't seem to have a real conviction, just a packaged excuse. 

Democratic Party had a primary and people voted for Biden fair and square. I don’t see where you are getting the Democratic Party forcing Biden through 

Just now, Blarg said:

Protest voting accomplishes nothing. I did that for a long time and I'm done wasting my time trying to make myself feel like some noble purist or whatever. I want to make things better, even if it's a choice between awful and horrific. My political hopes for this country have more a chance through Biden than through Trump, and there are no other options at this point. How you change things in this country is within the two major parties, that's how it works, and the right wing has executed this strategy very well and I want that for the left, and it's already happening to a degree. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

You are in California with no worries that Biden won't win the electorates. Now would be the time to stand your ground, live an ethic life. 

Instead, sell out.

You're not going to shame me into changing my position. I wouldn't be much of an advocate if I didn't live by what I was advocating. I still vote progressive in primaries and down ballot elections/measures. 

5 hours ago, Angels Never Die said:

Protest voting accomplishes nothing. I did that for a long time and I'm done wasting my time trying to make myself feel like some noble purist or whatever. I want to make things better, even if it's a choice between awful and horrific. My political hopes for this country have more a chance through Biden than through Trump, and there are no other options at this point. How you change things in this country is within the two major parties, that's how it works, and the right wing has executed this strategy very well and I want that for the left, and it's already happening to a degree. 

What are your political hopes for the country? Just for the record. 

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Kurt should change his name from Karenknees to Kamalaknees

That is a great idea Brandon except one problem.  I keep hearing everyone pronounce her name different so I need to find out exactly what they are going to call her to spell it correctly. 

Nastyknees may be best

Edited by Karenknees