2020 Election  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How will you be voting?

• Trump
    • Hiding Biden - Far Left Candidate w/ Dementia
    • Someone else/third party
    • Voting is gay

22 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

What do you know, Trump wins the AW presidential election. Who didn't see that coming!?

Two of the Trump votes are satirical.

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

And yet, they were cast. 

It actually bugs me, because it skews the numbers. I totally predicted cals doing it, but Jars?

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

It actually bugs me, because it skews the numbers. I totally predicted cals doing it, but Jars?

I said a few weeks ago that I would vote Trump as a protest against the awful DNC establishment.

Posted (edited)

I think it doesn’t matter.  Why would the people that matter be moved by this.  You’re either with Trump now or you’re not.  The people that have to be reached didn’t vote for Trump last time.  They just didn’t come out.  I doubt that commercial or Joe Biden get them out this time.  Trump just handed a 90% of those people a $1200 check.  It’s nothing.  Far less then what it needed to be.  Far less then most other wealthy nations are doing for their citizens.   But it’s $1200 bucks and this is America.  Good luck convincing them that fucking Pelosi did it for them. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think it doesn’t matter.  Why would the people that matter be moved by this.  You’re either with Trump now or you’re not.  The people that have to be reached didn’t vote for Trump last time.  They just didn’t come out.  I doubt that commercial or Joe Biden get them out this time. 

I disagree, Americans are highly impressionable.

12 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

What do you guys think of this ad?

I think it's a good ad. It presents a fairly rational, if biased, position on the current crisis.

It's one of those rare political ads that didn't piss me off, which is high praise from me.

I voted third party last time. I'm not taking that chance again. I will hit Social Security retirement age next year. I cannot afford another four years of Trump.

If it happens, then I will take a hard look at using my Canadian citizenship. I can't say for certain that I will cross the border, but it is very much on the table.

4 hours ago, VladdyMo said:

I dunno, man. That fact check is kinda lame. Biden uses very forceful language. Azar says we offered. 

Since the source is a member of Trump's cabinet, I'm not sure that I fully buy it. The administration is scrambling to rewrite history when there is documented evidence of Trump failing to act and us losing critical time in addressing COVID-19 as he trivialized it.

'No chance' Michelle Obama will be Biden's running mate, Valerie Jarrett says

There’s “no chance” former first lady Michelle Obama will be former vice president Joe Biden’s running mate, Valerie Jarrett, a senior adviser in the Obama administration, said, according to a report.

Speculation has swirled that Mrs. Obama – who is one of the most popular figures in the Democratic party, likely eclipsing her husband – could be a strategic choice for Biden.

But Jarrett, who was the longest-serving adviser to former President Obama and a longtime friend of the couple, said it's not happening.

“The reason why I'm being so unequivocal is that there just simply has never been a time when she's expressed an interest in running for office,” she told The Hill. “She’s not demurring here. She’s not being hard to get. She doesn’t want the job.”

In a presidential debate last month, Biden promised to choose a female running mate and Monday he told KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh he would take Michelle Obama “in a heartbeat” but added he didn’t think “she has any desire to live near the White House again.”

I'm going to guess that the country as a whole isn't terribly interested in another candidate for high office with zero political experience.