• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Billy Eppler's trade history

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Because the one of the few entities more inept than Dumbpoto is the Mess.   That was one big stupid trade on the Mess’ part.

The M’s still are not very deep.

The Met's current GM is the same guy that negotiated Cano's contract.   Dude traded for his own (former) client basically.  

23 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Ok so why do the Mariners have a top 10 farm system with 7 of their top prospects being players he drafted or signed (including 3 of their MLB top 100 prospects being Dipoto draft picks, and 1 player he signed), meanwhile ours is ranked 26?

He definitely got Newcomb wrong.

Six years after being drafted as a college junior, he’s still produced little at the MLB level, so-so starter in 2017-2018, and decent reliever in 2019.   Eppler essentially turned him into Simba.

Edited by Angel Oracle

27 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Ok so why do the Mariners have a top 10 farm system with 7 of their top prospects being players he drafted or signed (including 3 of their MLB top 100 prospects being Dipoto draft picks, and 1 player he signed), meanwhile ours is ranked 26?

This has been explained several times. 

But I'll give you a another because I have nothing better to do.

The reason the Angels are ranked so low is because they've had several of their top prospects graduate to the major leagues. This happens to every team not named the Dodgers or Rays. 

In the last two years, we've seen Canning, Suarez, Barria, Sandoval, Rengifo, Buttrey, Thaiss, Ward, Fletcher, and Hermosillo all debut in the majors. I could also include Ohtani but I won't.

That's 10 of our best prospects coming up in a 2 year span. Of COURSE our farm is going to look empty after that. 

Edited by tdawg87

Never thought I'd see someone so ardent about Dipoto.

Back on track, I'd like to see what Eppler can do with Pujols money. He's been pretty hamstrung and has had to dumpster dive and take some risks on guys, hoping they overachieved. It's hard to fault him for what he's had to work with.

By the sounds of it, even Rendon was an Arte pull.

42 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

This has been explained several times. 

But I'll give you a another because I have nothing better to do.

The reason the Angels are ranked so low is because they've had several of their top prospects graduate to the major leagues. This happens to every team not named the Dodgers or Rays. 

In the last two years, we've seen Canning, Suarez, Barria, Sandoval, Rengifo, Buttrey, Thaiss, Ward, Fletcher, and Hermosillo all debut in the majors. I could also include Ohtani but I won't.

That's 10 of our best prospects coming up in a 2 year span. Of COURSE our farm is going to look empty after that. 

I was responding to someone who said Dipoto was a terrible drafter.  This doesn’t refute that.

19 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Many of the listed players came into the org AFTER Dipoto left.

It doesn’t change the fact that anyone outside of biased Angel fans would agree that Dipoto has done a way better job rebuilding their farm system than Eppler has with ours.  

18 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

It doesn’t change the fact that anyone outside of biased Angel fans would agree that Dipoto has done a way better job rebuilding their farm system than Eppler has with ours.  

And anyone with half a brain would understand what Dipoto did to our farm system.  Dipoto did several things right, most notably he didn’t trade Trout.  But he did several things horribly.  Eppler has done really well at drafting.  He has done well with trades. He has shit the bed with free agent signings.  

21 hours ago, mymerlincat said:

Keith Law had the Angels system ranked 7th last spring.   

How's our trophy for 7th best farm system in 2019 compare to the Mariners 9th place trophy in 2020?  This year he's got the Angels at 18, the Mariners at 11 FWIW.

The only thing anyone will give a shit about in two years is what team is best positioned to win.

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

And anyone with half a brain would understand what Dipoto did to our farm system.  Dipoto did several things right, most notably he didn’t trade Trout.  But he did several things horribly.  Eppler has done really well at drafting.  He has done well with trades. He has shit the bed with free agent signings.  

You giving Dipshito for not trading Trout?

He would have been fired by Moreno before he dialed another GM number.

17 hours ago, mymerlincat said:

I was responding to someone who said Dipoto was a terrible drafter.  This doesn’t refute that.

A list of players drafted during the Dipoto tenure who've posted positive WAR's

2012 (1st pick in 3rd round)
Austin Adams  RHP    0.7 WAR 8th round/267th pick
Yency Almonte     RHP    0.5 17/537 

2013 (our 1st pick, in the 2nd round was the legendary Hunter Green)
Keynan Middleton  RHP    1.8    3/95

Sean Newcomb  LHP    3.6 1/15 
Justin Anderson RHP    0.1    14/419

David Fletcher SS    6.8 11/345 

Pretty mediocre, overall, but he did get a lottery hit on Fletcher.

And to be fair, his first two drafts didn't have a 1st rounder.

So, at best, a mediocre drafter, and no impactful international signings save the ridiculous overpay for Baldoquin - I guess a face-plant into a pile of shit can be considered "impactful"

And if he didn't know that it would cost us a chance at Vlad Jr, he should have - that was his job to know that.