• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Billy Eppler's trade history

19 hours ago, wopphil said:

I think on the whole, Eppler gets an A or A- for his trades. Other than Simmons, he hasn’t made any huge moves, so perhaps he hasn’t taken much risk, But I think has made some great trades (La Stella, Upton, Pena, Simmons, Sandoval) and nothing has really bit him in the ass yet. 

He's a well above average trader, yet the team is getting worse under him.  Funny how that works. 

23 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

He's a well above average trader, yet the team is getting worse under him.  Funny how that works. 

Yep, Dipoto handed him a great team on the way up will tons of payroll flexibility, lots of prospects to promote and trade, and a championship caliber 25 man roster...what a loser  

Just now, mulwin444 said:

Yep, Dipoto handed him a great team on the way up will tons of payroll flexibility, lots of prospects to promote and trade, and a championship caliber 25 man roster...what a loser  

And yet Dipoto turned Seattle's farm around a hell of a lot faster than Eppler turned ours around, and their prospect pool is way better than ours.  

My feelings on Eppler are probably above average. I would have loved to see how this season played out and how this team would have done this year. I do think 5 years is enough time to see a GM's progress in terms of the major league club being successful, and by successful I mean making the playoffs. He has been a successful trader of with other major league clubs. His free agent acquisitions have left a lot to bet desired. Hopefully this year can be played and we can see the Angels make a run at the post season/win the division, like I believe they can. But I would understand if Arte gets frustrated and wants to see a playoff birth before giving out an extension. Time will tell. 

2 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Cool, man...he's a genious!  Check back with them in a few years to see if he's still trading for prospects he previously traded or he is he's giving another go at Wade LeBlanc.  

So just like I thought, your only excuse is “but Dipoto!!!!!!!!!”

3 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

So if Eppler’s such a good GM, and Dipoto is a joke, why can’t he pull off something like that?

We didn't have a Cano. 

But he did pretty well getting us Ty Buttrey, Luis Rengifo, and Patrick Sandoval. Those were 3 of our top guys before they graduated (Sandoval is still a prospect).

1 minute ago, mymerlincat said:

So just like I thought, your only excuse is “but Dipoto!!!!!!!!!”

Would you rather have Dipoto or Eppler as your GM for the next 3 years?

Now, I'm assuming you are aware of how Dipoto completely fucked the Angels' franchise in just a few short years here prior to answering this question so your choice will be illuminating.

5 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Would you rather have Dipoto or Eppler as your GM for the next 3 years?

Now, I'm assuming you are aware of how Dipoto completely fucked the Angels' franchise in just a few short years here prior to answering this question so your choice will be illuminating.

I don’t want either one.  I just think it’s stupid to act like Dipoto is the inhibitor of Eppler putting together a winning team when Dipoto did a better job at what everyone around here praises Eppler for

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

We didn't have a Cano. 

But he did pretty well getting us Ty Buttrey, Luis Rengifo, and Patrick Sandoval. Those were 3 of our top guys before they graduated (Sandoval is still a prospect).

Yeah if only we had a 36 year old player on a terrible contract coming off a PED suspension.  We might be going somewhere!

11 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

I don’t want either one.  I just think it’s stupid to act like Dipoto is the inhibitor of Eppler putting together a winning team when Dipoto did a better job at what everyone around here praises Eppler for

Haha. What a fucking joke.  Dipoto drafts have been shit and that is what Eppler’s is praised for.  

5 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

You made it sound like it’s easy to rebuild your farm when you have an asset like that to trade.  Most people assumed he was immovable 

Well it kind of is. He got two very good prospects out of it. Then he traded Diaz and got another nice package (gross). 

Dipoto has done a fine job drafting for Seattle, but we'll see how those prospects fare in the majors.

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Haha. What a fucking joke.  Dipoto drafts have been shit and that is what Eppler’s is praised for.  

Ok so why do the Mariners have a top 10 farm system with 7 of their top prospects being players he drafted or signed (including 3 of their MLB top 100 prospects being Dipoto draft picks, and 1 player he signed), meanwhile ours is ranked 26?