• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Corona Virus Poll, Week 4

kevinb

Corona Virus Pool, Week 4  

63 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-10 how are you feeling through week 4 of this virus?

2. 2. How has your weight been during this quarantine?

• I've lost weight
    • I've gained weight
    • I've stayed the same
  3. 3. On a scale of 1-10 how much of an alcoholic have you become during the virus?

4. 4. Which sport will be the first sport played after the corona virus?

5. 5. What is your biggest concern during this pandemic?

• People getting sick
    • The overall economy becoming a dumpster fire
    • No sports
    • Me personally or someone I know getting sick
    • Isolation making me a crazy person

18 hours ago, DCAngelsFan said:

God bless, say safe.

Yeah, anarchy is far away for the moment - supply chains are working, and too many ex-mil and 3-letter agency folks around here, armed to the teeth - there are few random vics here.

Overall, been weird - the usual low-level property crimes like residential burglaries, car break-ins, etc, are down to nothing. 

There was a lot of DUI's and wrecks at first as people assumed LEO wasn't enforcing traffic very hard - some one-car wrecks from show-off's who saw something in a movie once ....

That *seems* to have mostly stopped - I kid you not, one day's blotter the other day were two reports of graffiti. 

But lately there've been a number of acquaintance fights where guns and knives came out - some people are getting pretty frustrated - one homicide. 

Yeah, the last part is where to keep an eye one.

I imagine commercial burgs will go way up.... everything closed, so nows the time to do it. 

But the part to keep in eye on is people starting to lose it... too many people stuck at home with alcohol....

Which in itself isnt a problem as whole.... but too many people cant handle their liquor... and have had nothing else to do

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yeah, the last part is where to keep an eye one.

I imagine commercial burgs will go way up.... everything closed, so nows the time to do it. 

But the part to keep in eye on is people starting to lose it... too many people stuck at home with alcohol....

Which in itself isnt a problem as whole.... but too many people cant handle their liquor... and have had nothing else to do

Hellooooo, domestic violence!

6 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

but too many people cant handle their liquor... and have had nothing else to do

In the last year I've cut back on my alcohol consumption by more than 90%. Friday afternoon I got drunk just because I was by myself and bored as hell. That was a miserable hangover yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yep, most of my stores are in Riverside County. 

Will your stores refuse service to anyone not masked in some manner?  If this requirement for masks expands (and I expect it will), I can see personnel stationed outside of grocery stores, etc refusing entry to unmasked shoppers. I would support this for the safety of the grocery store workers and the other customers.  

On 4/5/2020 at 1:53 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yep. Domestics, adult kids who live at home causing problems with the parents, knucklehead teens not listening to anyone, neighbor fights, etc

One of these kids stole a wallet at the PX yesterday. Someone yelled stop him. There were two Marines outside that became 20 Marines chasing him. Seconds later he surrendered.

I see that Mayor Garcetti of LA has indicated that people will not be allowed in essential businesses (groceries, pharmacies, etc,) unless they are wearing some sort of mask protection.  This is to start Friday.  This needs to be the new norm for awhile not just in LA City and Riverside County.  

FYI...My wife has been on a moderated neighborhood area discussion group for some time.  Recently,  a fairly new person started posting all kinds of stuff designed to trigger people about Covid-19 issues, such as bragging about hording protective gear,  driving political wedges, etc.    Apparently, one member of the group has professional knowledge of how overseas troll farms work and he said this is right out of their playbook.   The trolls want to stir up anxiety and create conflict in what would otherwise be a healthy online community.   Of course, they have all kinds of new buttons to push while we're dealing with a pandemic.