• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Corona Virus Poll, Week 4

kevinb

Corona Virus Pool, Week 4  

63 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-10 how are you feeling through week 4 of this virus?

2. 2. How has your weight been during this quarantine?

• I've lost weight
    • I've gained weight
    • I've stayed the same
  3. 3. On a scale of 1-10 how much of an alcoholic have you become during the virus?

4. 4. Which sport will be the first sport played after the corona virus?

5. 5. What is your biggest concern during this pandemic?

• People getting sick
    • The overall economy becoming a dumpster fire
    • No sports
    • Me personally or someone I know getting sick
    • Isolation making me a crazy person

For #1 I picked 5..  I'm neither feeling good nor bad, mostly I'm just bored.    I pretty much try to avoid all opinion pieces regardless of the medium and I find that is working really well for me.  Waiting this out is annoying enough without having to put up with people trying to use it for political gain or gamesmanship.

I hope you are all doing well.   

For #5, I picked people getting sick, but that doesn't include just physically sick.  I'm getting a little concerned about the mental well being of our society.  The isolation, the government control, the curfew's, etc. might start to take it's toll on some people here in the near future and that concerns me.  I worry about guys like @ten ocho recon scout on the streets in times like that.

When I start having thoughts like that, I just hop over to the political board and read the posts.  It straightens me out pretty quickly.

2 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

For #5, I picked people getting sick, but that doesn't include just physically sick.  I'm getting a little concerned about the mental well being of our society.  The isolation, the government control, the curfew's, etc. might start to take it's toll on some people here in the near future and that concerns me.  I worry about guys like @ten ocho recon scout on the streets in times like that.

When I start having thoughts like that, I just hop over to the political board and read the posts.  It straightens me out pretty quickly.

My SO is a registered psychotherapist/metal health councilor.. once we got a system for tele-health figured out and set up, she has become super busy with a growing waiting list.  Lots of fear and anxiety around this pandemic.

For me not much has changed. I started drinking at home, so thsts cool. New hobby. But still way less than I drank when bars were open.

My gyms are closed, so thats the main bummer. But I have a gym at work.... which sucks, and its filled with work people. But better than nothing. But the gyms shut down is the only thing i really miss. That and the bars. But meh... the bars i can do without.

Im concerned for my parents above all. And right behind them, everyone else whos going to get it, and either die or come close to it. Im worried about the economy, but it will rebound in time.

But i guess since im still working, not much has changed on my end. So it doesnt feel as weird to me as it does a lot of other people.

8 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

You stay safe too, brother. I think we're both in for a bummer of the next few weeks.

But hell, with all the wacky things weve seen and done to this point, this is just another chapter in the book. We'll make it, this will pass, life will go on. When it does Ill finally make good on that beer I promised you at a game.... hopefully we dont have all our pitchers survive covid, and still manage tommy john in isolation 😉

29 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

You stay safe too, brother. I think we're both in for a bummer of the next few weeks.

But hell, with all the wacky things weve seen and done to this point, this is just another chapter in the book. We'll make it, this will pass, life will go on. When it does Ill finally make good on that beer I promised you at a game.... hopefully we dont have all our pitchers survive covid, and still manage tommy john in isolation 😉

Tors, with so many people out of work, do you think that crime is going to start to ramp up? 

14 hours ago, RendZone said:

Tors, with so many people out of work, do you think that crime is going to start to ramp up? 

Depends on what you mean by crime.

Anarchy? Not sure that we'll get to that point. And for now, supply chains are working, so im not sure the mass looting thing will happen. And with people home, in theory, residential burgs should go down.

That said, we had 2 shootings and a homicide in the last 2 weeks. All 3 are sort of "norm". Gangsters and transients.

The one area, so far, Ive seen an increase is with the transients. Theyre getting super bold because they know were trying not to arrest people right now.

Work is getting harder as fear grows.  The beginning of the week was pretty much the same as last week, in other words the new normal at work.  But the last couple of days have been back to being hectic.  I was off yesterday and spent the day just fielding the usual questions that are popping up about some of this.  Then around 3pm, I got some news about one of my stores and had to spend 5 hours at that store last night.  Today, my other day off, has been spent talking to HR, Food Safety and one of my stores.  16 phone calls, countless texts and a handful of emails, all in the last 6 hours.  

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Depends on what you mean by crime.

Anarchy? Not sure that we'll get to that point. And for now, supply chains are working, so im not sure the mass looting thing will happen. And with people home, in theory, residential burgs should go down.

That said, we had 2 shootings and a homicide in the last 2 weeks. All 3 are sort of "norm". Gangsters and transients.

The one area, so far, Ive seen an increase is with the transients. Theyre getting super bold because they know were trying not to arrest people right now.

God bless, say safe.

Yeah, anarchy is far away for the moment - supply chains are working, and too many ex-mil and 3-letter agency folks around here, armed to the teeth - there are few random vics here.

Overall, been weird - the usual low-level property crimes like residential burglaries, car break-ins, etc, are down to nothing. 

There was a lot of DUI's and wrecks at first as people assumed LEO wasn't enforcing traffic very hard - some one-car wrecks from show-off's who saw something in a movie once ....

That *seems* to have mostly stopped - I kid you not, one day's blotter the other day were two reports of graffiti. 

But lately there've been a number of acquaintance fights where guns and knives came out - some people are getting pretty frustrated - one homicide. 

With wearing masks now becoming the new norm, there will be probably be a lot of social stigma attached to those that venture out without masks.  Ironically this will make more people stay home, which is probably a good thing. I also think that with the good masks (N95 or KN95) going for around $3.00 a pop that I might think twice about using up what may be a limited stock of masks, so now I am into mask hoarding.  Like a fool, I spent $460.00 today on masks but I feel that I am trying to stock up for my large extended family.  My step daughter is a hair stylist and she will pretty much have to "mask up" if she hopes to have any business.  

Like the Asians, I expect that the economy will return to normal only with the wearing of some form of masks being required for a period for everyone.  It will probably seem strange to us for everyone at a ball game at Angel Stadium to be wearing a mask, but I think that is coming at least in the short term.   I also think that the blood test that shows whether you have had Covid-19 will also be a reentry requirement for all that want to return to work.