• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Report: Astros' AJ Hinch, Jeff Luhnow Fulfill Suspensions Even If Games Canceled

Claude

If the season is cancelled NYY pitcher Domingo German won’t have to serve his “2020” domestic violence suspension. Just a small detail that the high paid league lawyers completely botched up. 

Edited by RendZone

I can understand the Astros issues, not that I agree with the decision, but they were suspended for the 2020 season,  but if you are suspended for Domestic Violence or PEDs those have actual games (80 games) attached to them and those players should be suspended during a time when games are actually being played.  That would be like suspending a player for 180 days and having that suspension start in October.  

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I can understand the Astros issues, not that I agree with the decision, but they were suspended for the 2020 season,  but if you are suspended for Domestic Violence or PEDs those have actual games (80 games) attached to them and those players should be suspended during a time when games are actually being played.  That would be like suspending a player for 180 days and having that suspension start in October.  

German’s status was addressed by New York Post baseball writer Joel Sherman, who tweeted, “The way that the MLB/MLBPA agreement reads on domestic violence suspensions, Domingo German will have to serve the remaining 63 games of his ban, but if there is no season or a shortened season, it does not carry over to 2021.”

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

What it needed was less language.  It should have said suspended the next X amount of regular season games played by your current team.  

The next X amount or regular season games played by the current team that employs you.

2 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

The next X amount or regular season games played by the current team that employs you.

Yep, I am good with that.  

Anyone have any idea if a player that is suspended and that suspension lasts over the course of two seasons, are they eligible for post season in the year that completes the suspension?  

34 minutes ago, Jay said:

Do Hinch and Luhnow forfeit their salary for 2020? If so it doesn't matter if the games are played or not.

I doubt it because they were fired.  I’d assume if they are fired they get paid the remainder of their contract.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Hmm.  I am not sure why I thought it was suspension with pay.  Maybe I got it mixed up with something else.  

The Houston Astros fired two team executives Monday after Major League Baseball Commissioner Robert Manfred levied a hefty fine and other punishments to the club for violating league rules in a cheating scheme used during the 2017 playoffs and 2018 season.

The Astros, which won the World Series in 2017, will pay a $5 million fine and forfeit its first- and second-round draft selections for the next two seasons, Manfred said in his nine-page decision. General Manager Jeff Luhnow and team manager A.J. Hinch were both suspended without pay for the 2020 season and fired by the team about an hour after the MLB released its ruling.