• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

For those who are doing OK, what is one thing you think has helped?

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

I’m thinking of power washing our trash cans. The people who lived here before us didn’t use garbage bags so our cans are pretty rank.

Do it!

Im a nerd for cleaning... my parents were clean freaks, then the military. I know some people hate it, but like yard work, its therapeutic to me.

Nows as good a time as any if youre stuck at home.

Im thinking about renting a floor stripper from home depot and boot camp styling my floors. Im too old for deck towel races.....

On 3/30/2020 at 10:57 PM, Lou said:

Playing make-believe, telling and participating in stories, killing monsters and taking their shit.

Those are such bad, dumb things.

Let's go back to wearing jerseys, drinking beer, eating Doritos and watching grown men wear funny-colored suits, running around with sticks and balls.

Sounds kinda gay.

9 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Those are such bad, dumb things.

Let's go back to wearing jerseys, drinking beer, eating Doritos and watching grown men wear funny-colored suits, running around with sticks and balls.

Sounds kinda gay.

Says the guy posting on a message board about grown men wearing funny-colored suits, running around with sticks and balls.

On 3/30/2020 at 10:54 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

I figured this one early. You just can't keep reading the doomsday scenarios. Once you get to the point where you realize it's a serious thing and you need to take all the precautions they say, there's not much else you can do, so there's not much benefit in constantly reading the horror stories. Mental health is important.

I also am trying to RT whenever I read encouraging news, like about scientific advances that give hope. I want to give equal time to that stuff.

If you think about it, there is probably the most brainpower in the history of the earth concurrently working to address one problem. That's my reason for hope.

Just wanted to say I appreciate your positive RTs. 😀

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Anyone else power cleaning their place?

I did a massive garage clean three weeks ago, including a detailed sweeping, for which I went to the hardware store to get some dust masks. The owner sold me some masks that were several dollars each, telling me I "needed" them (instead of the cheap little 10-cent masks I have bought in the past). Last night I was thinking of that conversation so I went out to look: sure enough, they're N95 masks. 

18 hours ago, Lou said:

Says the guy posting on a message board about grown men wearing funny-colored suits, running around with sticks and balls.

I guess that went over your head. But yes, I like baseball and I also like Dungeons and Dragons, among other things. Nothing wrong with liking things, unless it gives you a rash.

My point is that liking Dungeons and Dragons is no sillier than liking watching grown men play a ball game. 

27 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I guess that went over your head. But yes, I like baseball and I also like Dungeons and Dragons, among other things. Nothing wrong with liking things, unless it gives you a rash.

My point is that liking Dungeons and Dragons is no sillier than liking watching grown men play a ball game. 

No, it didn't.  

At all. 

On 3/30/2020 at 6:38 PM, Angelsjunky said:

Spending time with my daughters and girlfriend (we all just started playing Dungeons & Dragons) 

I don't play D & D...but if it brings the group together, keeps the minds active, allows healthy competition, and provides a break from worry...then it's a winner IMHO.   My 20 y.o. has a board game based on the CIV VI video game that he always wants us to play....then he proceeds to completely destroy us.   It is not fun.    I gotta dig out the Monopoly game so the rest of us have a chance.