• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

For those who are doing OK, what is one thing you think has helped?

To be honest, my wife is making this a whole lot better. In a normal world with her teaching during the day and me in shows at night, we go through months of not seeing much of each other. It’s been nice to have her around.

On the flip, she and my daughter are doing Instagram art lessons for families, so she spends part of her day in the studio and I get to play ukulele/guitar, work in the garage or whatever.  @artshowathome if you are interested.

My son and I are working on a video series with a puppet called Konspiracy Kevin 1992.

As a whole, we are eating better because we aren’t eating out, walking 3-6 miles a day, hanging out with the dog.

The hardest part is to not stress too much. Either about the theater, getting sick, or sanitizing all of our food and doorknobs.

I need to do more climbing specific exercises, yoga, and indoor cycling. Hope to be fit for Summer adventures.

I've been trying to keep a routine. I wake up at the same time every day. Eat my meals at about the same time every day. 

I also call or text friends, family members or neighbors every day. 

I've done a lot of cooking. We typically eat out a ton and it's been nice to cook our meals. I don't feel like I'm in a rut when I plan menus.

I also try to keep the proper perspective. This could be worse... I could be in some hell hole, hunkered down in a fox hole with bullets flying over my head. Instead I am sitting on a couch or taking a short walk.

It all feels surreal. 

My main focus is keeping my wife and mother in law safe and healthy. Not much else matters right now.

I miss baseball a lot, but not having it isn't killing me.

Edited by True Grich

Walking makes a huge difference for me, and I’m doing plenty of yoga and meditation.  I have a delightful houseguest, plutonic but having a woman around makes me try harder... it just does.  Decided to fiddle with video editing- used to do it years ago- that led me to call an old friend I hadn’t spoken to in almost a decade (he’s super talented at editing and understands my struggles with technology).  Reconnecting like that is possible.  Had to cancel several trips which was a bummer but otherwise I’m really lucky to have such a pleasant period when it could be so dark.

AngelsWin is a help for sure- and this was a great idea for a thread so thanks RallyG and everyone who replied.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:12 AM, Tank said:

you should have gone with one of these super sanitary beauties that all of us like to use in a public men's room:

Continuous cloth Hand Towel Dispenser...anyone else remember these ...

My favorite sticker of all time was on one of these bad boys.

DO NOT INSERT YOUR HEAD INTO TOWEL LOOP

I believe it can still be found in the men's room at Discount Tire in Glendale CA. I tried to lift that damn thing with my knife but didn't want to ruin it, so hopefully it's still preserved for all to enjoy.

On 3/31/2020 at 10:03 AM, ettin said:

And these are equally as valuable, perhaps more so:

Capture.PNG

Studies have shown that those hand dryers disperse the water droplets from your hands (and anything you didn't wash off your hands) into the immediate surrounding air, filling an enclosed area in mere seconds. Coronavirus droplets everywhere.... 

Enjoy

https://instagram.com/irish_hand_dryer_reviews?igshid=1r5c246m5zu0c

4 hours ago, ELEVEN said:

My favorite sticker of all time was on one of these bad boys.

DO NOT INSERT YOUR HEAD INTO TOWEL LOOP

I believe it can still be found in the men's room at Discount Tire in Glendale CA. I tried to lift that damn thing with my knife but didn't want to ruin it, so hopefully it's still preserved for all to enjoy.

i'll check on it some day and see if it's still there.

the price? you'll have to buy a beer for @Lou.

On 3/31/2020 at 10:03 AM, ettin said:

And these are equally as valuable, perhaps more so:

Capture.PNG

Studies have shown that those hand dryers disperse the water droplets from your hands (and anything you didn't wash off your hands) into the immediate surrounding air, filling an enclosed area in mere seconds. Coronavirus droplets everywhere.... 

Except if you’ve got coronavirus on your hands AFTER you wash them then something is wrong that has nothing to do with the dryer. 

On 3/30/2020 at 12:32 PM, wopphil said:

Leading up to this, I had been doing incredibly well with diet and exercise. I got my weight to a point it hasn’t been at in 7 or 8 years. But I have been kind of lazy the last two weeks, haven’t exercised nearly as much, and haven’t been strict with my diet.

I gotta get back into the pre COVID routine, which I think is going to require the same type of daily structure that I had when going to the gym and then office each day.  I think getting dressed each day is absolutely critical. I eat healthier wearing clothes than sitting around in a bathrobe. And I am trying to get some exercise bands for my home gym, but like Cat said I think it will take a month to get them.

Ugh, same.

A few months before this i started MMA again. Hadnt done it in years. Backed off lifting a little, and focused on that. So split maybe 6-7 hours a week at the MMA spot, and another 8 or so at 24 hour. 

Maybe 3 weeks or so before the shutdown I was getting there... had 4 of 6 abs showing for the first time in years. Diet was clean as hell, felt odd to even consider eating something unhealthy.

And stopped beer except for one chest night a week....

Fast forward to now. I can lift at work, but not much else. Im running, but its not the same.

And im drinking at home on all my off days. And i never drink at home.

So thats been a letdown... mental almost more than physical.

I mentioned it in another thread, not much has really changed for me. The bars are closed... that SUCKS... and the gyms are closed.... that SUCKS.

But im still working. Girl coming over has replaced the bars. Gym at work replaced the gym. I havent had any time yet to kick my feet up and read, or watch tv, stuff i was looking forward to. 

That said, the first few weekends of this, i was running around shopping. Now im stocked up. Finally got a chance to clean out my garage. Last week started methodically cleaning my house, will continue this weekend. Bought a carpet cleaner, and its addicting as hell. (How lame is that?)

Had a que of 10 books or so lined up. But just bought "Spillover", so that will move to the front. Once the house is in order, ill read that and finally watch the sopranos.

On 3/31/2020 at 10:40 PM, True Grich said:

I also try to keep the proper perspective. This could be worse... I could be in some hell hole, hunkered down in a fox hole with bullets flying over my head. Instead I am sitting on a couch or taking a short walk

This... and i cant stress it enough.

I feel bad as hell for everyone out of work. Especially those whos lives or going to change forever because of it.

But i also feel worse for those who have the virus and are dying from it. 

But to add, we all have ancestors who had to endure far more than this. And did. I was lucky enough to spend 6 years in the Infantry, and still have all my pieces... when a lot of my friends werent so lucky. Or were shipped him as pieces...

Then guys like @PattyD22.... and all the hospital workers... all the nurses ive dated.... etc etc. Sure, still getting paid... but sometimes the money doesnt cover it.

Again, i feel for everyone financially. But no one will die of boredom... you can find something to entertain yourself. Someone out there has it a hell of a lot worse than rewatching old tv shows.

One of the ways I'm using extra time at home is creating various movie themes for watching in my home theater. Currently I'm on a Coen brothers schedule. Not sure what will follow. Probably Clint Eastwood, Astaire/Rodgers, Elvis binging this week.  I also want to watch the Angels Series winning DVD. Last time I saw it was during the rain delay at the stadium a few years ago when they had it on the scoreboard. 

I still prefer physical media to streaming, and have a large library to draw from. 

Absolutely nothing beats a dedicated big screen experience with decent big picture and surround sound. And these days the costs aren't so prohibitive, even at the lower end of the market. Anything 1080p or better looks great in most cases. And there is a huge immersive  difference between even an 86 inch TV and a 120 inch or larger screen. Especially if you can control the light and have a big enough space. Here's a shot of my space.

P_20200322_154702_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20200322_154952_vHDR_Auto.jpg

45 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This... and i cant stress it enough.

I feel bad as hell for everyone out of work. Especially those whos lives or going to change forever because of it.

But i also feel worse for those who have the virus and are dying from it. 

But to add, we all have ancestors who had to endure far more than this. And did. I was lucky enough to spend 6 years in the Infantry, and still have all my pieces... when a lot of my friends werent so lucky. Or were shipped him as pieces...

Then guys like @PattyD22.... and all the hospital workers... all the nurses ive dated.... etc etc. Sure, still getting paid... but sometimes the money doesnt cover it.

Again, i feel for everyone financially. But no one will die of boredom... you can find something to entertain yourself. Someone out there has it a hell of a lot worse than rewatching old tv shows.

Absolutely! My kid is a Family Medicine Dr in Phoenix and is on the front lines right now.

I just want her to get through it ok. Nothing else really matters.

Here she is battling the virus head on with her social distancing wand.

image000000.jpg

3 hours ago, ELEVEN said:

Absolutely! My kid is a Family Medicine Dr in Phoenix and is on the front lines right now.

I just want her to get through it ok. Nothing else really matters.

Here she is battling the virus head on with her social distancing wand.

image000000.jpg

There it is.

Like I said. Its easy to get cabin fever. But someone else has it a hell of a lot worse than being stuck at home, and bored.

7 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ugh, same.

A few months before this i started MMA again. Hadnt done it in years. Backed off lifting a little, and focused on that. So split maybe 6-7 hours a week at the MMA spot, and another 8 or so at 24 hour. 

Maybe 3 weeks or so before the shutdown I was getting there... had 4 of 6 abs showing for the first time in years. Diet was clean as hell, felt odd to even consider eating something unhealthy.

And stopped beer except for one chest night a week....

Fast forward to now. I can lift at work, but not much else. Im running, but its not the same.

And im drinking at home on all my off days. And i never drink at home.

So thats been a letdown... mental almost more than physical.

TORS, are we allowed to leave the house, or are you guys going to start arresting us? I just read an article about a paddle boarder out in the ocean who got arrested. Am I gonna get cuffed for running the track at Chapman?

1 hour ago, wopphil said:

TORS, are we allowed to leave the house, or are you guys going to start arresting us? I just read an article about a paddle boarder out in the ocean who got arrested. Am I gonna get cuffed for running the track at Chapman?

No idea. We havent been told anything like that yet. Im still going to all the same calls as before.

If the Guard gets activated that might change.

But you are absolutely allowed to leave the house. 

I have been putting in a lot of hours in the home office, so much so I miss the commute to work as the buffer between job and home. I just wrapped up and have to start early tomorrow morning to stay on schedule. This week I only took two breaks and that was to walk the dogs.

Tomorrow I may have to run to Frys or Best Buy, if any are open, to buy a video splitter. Just getting out of the house for an hour would be a mini vacation but I'm afraid I would just keep driving.