• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Strat-O-Matic Simulates the Season: The Official Thread (Angels 83-79, 3rd in AL West, 7 GB Wild Card) ** SEASON ENDED, DODGERS WIN WORLD SERIES

When I took on this project, I honestly thought it would be far more uplifting.  Instead, it's my sad duty to report that the Angels have dropped their fifth straight.  (Not-so) Fun fact: no Angels starter has notched a quality start so far this season.  

This is really a good simulation, as far as the "Angels Fan Experience" thing goes.  

Screenshot 2020-04-11 14.59.50.jpg

6 hours ago, Capital_Dave said:

When I took on this project, I honestly thought it would be far more uplifting.  Instead, it's my sad duty to report that the Angels have dropped their fifth straight.  (Not-so) Fun fact: no Angels starter has notched a quality start so far this season.  

This is really a good simulation, as far as the "Angels Fan Experience" thing goes.  

Screenshot 2020-04-11 14.59.50.jpg

This simulation is confirming my fears about this season.  We still don't have any good starters outside of Ohtani.  I don't care about potential.

I hope these words are Lou'd.

Tigers complete the sweep by a final score of 12-8.  The final score makes the game look closer than it was.  The Angels scored 5 runs in the 9th off the Tigers' third-string relievers.  (And if you're third string reliever on the Tigers... well...)

Screenshot 2020-04-12 15.02.30.jpg

A much-needed off-day for the Angels today as they take their talents to South Beach for a brief two-game series vs. the Marlins.  Given that it's an off-day, here are the Major League leader boards for various offensive categories.  It won't surprise you to learn there's nary an Angel on the board so far this season.  But the season is young...

Screenshot 2020-04-13 16.14.53.jpg

Angels break their six-game losing streak with a convincing 10-2 victory over the Marlins.  Simmons continues driving up his contract renewal asking price with a monster day at the plate, going 4-for-5 with a homer, 3 runs and 3 RBIs, now batting .379 on the season.  If you had Matt Andriese for the "who gets the Angels' first quality start of the season" pool... A.) you need to participate in more interesting betting pools, and B.) I'm guessing you got great odds, so savor your victory!

Screenshot 2020-04-14 15.15.09.jpg

Angels go with a bullpen day, with Barnes as the opener and Sandoval the "bulk guy."  It works... to a point.  The two combine to go 6 innings, giving up just one earned.  But the bullpen coughs up a walk-off single by Garrett Cooper and the Marlins win 3-2 in 11 innings.  Thaiss gets a start over Pujols at first, going 1-for-5.  (Is this the beginning of a long-term change?  Yes, please.)

Screenshot 2020-04-15 14.06.25.jpg

On 4/10/2020 at 10:31 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

It’s based on projections. 

Even Strat simulations with cards made using real season statistics don't result in accurate replay results. To many variable with dice rolls and card pulls. It's not realistic. Then to do a simulation based off cards made from projections.....non of these result are worth anything more than the enjoyment of playing Strat. It means nothing. Could be fun though. Should join a league.

1 hour ago, Condor1984 said:

Even Strat simulations with cards made using real season statistics don't result in accurate replay results. To many variable with dice rolls and card pulls. It's not realistic. Then to do a simulation based off cards made from projections.....non of these result are worth anything more than the enjoyment of playing Strat. It means nothing. Could be fun though. Should join a league.

I think there's entertainment value in a day-by-day Strat simulation, and some insights to be gained by seeing how projected performance plays out in a long 162 game season. 

Life itself is variable.  The "dice rolls and card pulls" play out every day in a real-world baseball season.  We made PLENTY of fortunate rolls last year in that Tyler Skaggs tribute no-hitter!  That was never "supposed" to happen.