• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Strat-O-Matic Simulates the Season: The Official Thread (Angels 83-79, 3rd in AL West, 7 GB Wild Card) ** SEASON ENDED, DODGERS WIN WORLD SERIES

Strat-O-Matic is simulating the 2020 season, one game at a time.  They'll be doing a daily run down, posting standings and league leaders here: http://www.strat-o-matic.com/2020-season-simulation/  I'll post the daily Angels box score in this thread.

The Angels won Game 1 of the season 9-6.  Trout hit a homer in the first and a second homer in the fourth.  3-for-4 on the day. 

Interestingly, there were no HBPs in the Astros' first game of the season.

3-26.jpg

5 minutes ago, krAbs said:

We've gotta get more length out of Heaney. He needs to step up and be our ace - if our "best pitcher" can only go for 5 innings, our relief is gonna be toast by ASB.

#seasonover

Usually the first games of the season, most starters don't go more than 5 or 6 innings until they get fully stretched out.

These stats based games are fun. But they are one dimensional. There is no room to factor in  players playing hurt or injured,  individual response in clutch moments, motivation, the uniqueness of each manager and so on. 

As a former game designer I was always aware of such issues, but in those days the options in design were very limited.

Strat-o-matic has changed somewhat over the decades and is still fun. And much more realistic than the graphic oriented video format in terms of player rating and individual probabilities.

But it's still all taking place in an ideal, non physical world.

28 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

You want Fletcher to play every day, right???? And La Stella didn't start the first game, so I had to put him in the 2nd game.

Ha, posted that before I saw that you were posting the lineup. 

Thanks for being involved.😀

5 hours ago, Capital_Dave said:

Rendon gets his first homer of the season, and Pujols remains 0-for-2020.  Jose Quijada makes the team after a solid Spring Training and does well in his first outing as a Halo.

Angels drop a close one to the 'Stros, 4-2.

image.png.e62126c3ef3c9c063fe94da3cdac9fd7.png

DFA Cam!

when I was a lad, the first thing I would do in the morning during baseball season was run out to the driveway and grab the paper if my dad hadn't already done so. I would turn right to the box scores and check everyone's stats for the day.  So this is oddly satisfying even though it's fake.  

I actually got a touch annoyed for about 2 seconds when I saw that the Angels lost a fake game today.  HA!

Pujols gets off the schneid (barely) and Ohtani gets his first homer of the season, but two homers apiece by Springer and Alvarez (including a grand slam by Alvarez in the 7th) make this one a laugher.  Tommy LaStella in the early lead for LVP.  Angels lose 10-2.  

224688359_Screenshot2020-03-2814_21_32.png.0c9c453f72aa8bcb37385de3030e8dfa.png

18 minutes ago, Capital_Dave said:

Pujols gets off the schneid (barely) and Ohtani gets his first homer of the season, but two homers apiece by Springer and Alvarez (including a grand slam by Alvarez in the 7th) make this one a laugher.  Tommy LaStella in the early lead for LVP.  Angels lose 10-2.  

224688359_Screenshot2020-03-2814_21_32.png.0c9c453f72aa8bcb37385de3030e8dfa.png

Now I am really glad I didn't travel to Houston this weekend.

52 minutes ago, Capital_Dave said:

@Jeff Fletcher can you post your full 26 man roster and keep us posted on any promotions/demotions?  A few surprises made the Opening Day bullpen...

I actually am not sure how they are doing that. I just give them the lineup and starting pitcher. I don't know how many guys they have on the roster, but I think it's clearly more than 26.