• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Strat-O-Matic Simulates the Season: The Official Thread (Angels 83-79, 3rd in AL West, 7 GB Wild Card) ** SEASON ENDED, DODGERS WIN WORLD SERIES

Good old Strat.  Played this tons.  I remember when AAA stealing ability first appeared.  Are they playing advanced mode or simple ?  I would hope advanced to get the Lefty/Righty thing going.

I bet Trout is a 2 Column guy, while Rendon is either a 1 or 3. 

Pujols gets a day off to clear his head.  Josh James and the Astros bullpen shuts down the Angels lineup.  Fletcher is the only one to really show up for the Halos, contributing a homer and a steal, but the Astros walk it off with a Kyle Tucker double in the bottom of the ninth.  Astros take their third in a row over the Angels, 3-2.

Screenshot 2020-03-29 14.41.17.jpg

Good News: The Angels didn't lose today!  Bad News: The Angels didn't play today.  

The only undefeated team after five days of the season: the Texas Rangers.  Just as you expected.  But their wins this season were all against the Mariners, so not really sure if that tells us all that much.  In lieu of today's box score, here are the complete season standings to date.  (Oh, by the way, thank you to Chuck.  He did some back-end website kung fu, and the box score/standings each day will now blow up each day if you click on it.  That should help if you were struggling to read the small font.)

Screenshot 2020-03-30 14.43.28.jpg

Uh oh.  Angels "ace" Andrew Heaney records just 3 outs, giving up 7 runs before leaving in the second inning.  Joey Gallo hits the first home run in the history of Globe Life Field, and the undefeated Rangers go to 5-0 with an 11-4 drubbing of the Halos.  Turns out watching the sim Angels is about as much fun as watching the real-world 2019 Angels.

Screenshot 2020-03-31 14.03.47.jpg

Good news!  The Angels staged an improbable rally, with all of this happening with two outs in the top of the 9th, Angels down 6-4 and Jose Leclerc on the bump: a Trout double, a Rendon walk, an Ohtani single to load the bases (Ohtani's fourth hit of the game), followed by a bases-loaded walk to Upton to plate one and a two-run double by Goodwin to take the lead.  Robles comes in to nail down the save with a perfect bottom of the ninth.  LTBU as the Angels hand the Rangers their first loss of the season, by a final score of 7-6.

Screenshot 2020-04-01 14.23.45.jpg

Weird win for the Halos, but we'll take it.  The offense explodes for 12 runs but on just three extra base hits, none of which left the park.  The team scores 12 but Trout and Rendon combine to go 1-for-9, both now batting .250 on the season.  Simmons' extension is looking more and more expensive... he carries the team in this one, going 3-4 with 3 runs scored and driving his average up to a cool .400.  Dylan Bundy continues to not impress.  Angels win, 12-5.

Home opener tomorrow vs. the Astros.  BYOT.

Screenshot 2020-04-02 14.30.29.jpg

Happy Home Opener!  The Angels explode for 7 runs in the second and third innings, with Mike Trout's homer a highlight.  He drove in 4 on the night.  David Fletcher continues his hot start, spraying four singles all over Angel Stadium to bring his season average to .444.  The Angels win their third straight and their first home game of the year, 8-3.

Screenshot 2020-04-03 14.03.47.jpg

@Jeff Fletcher any thought on moving Simmons up in the lineup?  I'm hearing grumbling he may be unhappy still hitting in the 8-hole, given his hot start.  My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who says that Simmons thinks you're hitting him 8th to keep his extension price low.

2 hours ago, Capital_Dave said:

@Jeff Fletcher any thought on moving Simmons up in the lineup?  I'm hearing grumbling he may be unhappy still hitting in the 8-hole, given his hot start.  My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who says that Simmons thinks you're hitting him 8th to keep his extension price low.

Great, now I want ice cream 

4 hours ago, Capital_Dave said:

I actually moved him up in Saturday's lineup, because Upton and Pujols are both getting the day off.