• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Strat-O-Matic Simulates the Season: The Official Thread (Angels 83-79, 3rd in AL West, 7 GB Wild Card) ** SEASON ENDED, DODGERS WIN WORLD SERIES

Jose Abreu strokes a go-ahead single in the top of the 9th off Hansel Robles, plating Tim Anderson from second, and the White Sox hold on to win 3-2.  Robles takes the loss.  The kids are all right for the Pale Hose... Luis Robert hits his fifth homer, now batting .330, while Eloy Jimenez is batting .376 on the season.  Is it Virtual 2021 yet?

Screenshot 2020-04-23 13.55.10.png

On 4/22/2020 at 9:04 PM, Capital_Dave said:

We've got to be getting close to a legit Jo Adell call up date, right @Jeff Fletcher?

Ronald Acuna Jr. was called up on his team's 23rd game of the season in 2018.  We just played Game 24.  Wouldn't Adell's first service time cutoff be right around now?  

Goodwin's batting .189 and we're 8 games under .500 already.  Just sayin'.  Pull the trigger!

They actually asked me when I wanted to bring up Adell and I asked how he’s doing in AAA. They produced some kind of simulated AAA stats and he was OPSing like .775 or something. I told them to update me again in a week. 

Obviously it’s all just silly but I’m going along with it. 

The Angels take 3 of 4 from the White Sox and win the series.  Anthony Rendon gets a breather and David Fletcher spells him, becoming the star of the game: 3 for 3, reaching base all four times he came to bat.  Justin Upton has been on the come back trail after his ridiculously cold start.  Today he went 2 for 4 with 4 RBIs, 3 of those on a homer in the first.  Patrick Sandoval continues his strong start for the season, giving up just one earned run over five innings of work (a 3.20 ERA so far).  The Angels have a quick roadie this week, with just two games this week in Seattle Tuesday/Wednesday before returning home to face the Twins on Friday.

Screenshot 2020-04-27 09.44.41.png

Off day for the Angels today, so here is a look at the ML offensive leaderboards.  Only Angel on the board is Trout, who ranks #5 in walks.  Trevor Story all over the leaderboards so far, which has the potential to hold up because the Rockies have played most of their games on the road so far.  (And yes, Stratomatic does include park factors to account for different stadiums' characteristics.)

Screenshot 2020-04-27 14.21.10.png

Mariners journeyman Patrick Wisdom belts two homers (including a grand slam) to lead the Seattle run parade, as they race out to a 10-0 lead and end up with a 13-5 victory.  Andrew Heaney continues his brutal start to the season, leaving in the fourth and giving up eight earned runs to drive his ERA up to 10.67.  This is Seattle, doormat of the league, with an anemic offense.  Rubbing salt in the wound, the Strat-o-matic write up of the game helpfully informs us that, "Wisdom’s 7 RBI [on the game] are more than all but 4 Mariners players have on the season."

Screenshot 2020-04-28 13.26.55.png

Jo Adell gets promoted to the Angels and makes his first of many starts to come in RF.  But the excitement for the Angels ends there, as Mariners starter Yusei Kikuchi mows down the Angels over 8 innings of shutout ball.  He gives up just two hits and strikes out 10.  Adell (batting sixth, sounds right for now) goes 0-3, with a flyout and two K's, but more exciting days are sure to come.  He'll make his home debut on Thursday against the Twins.  Tickets are still available... contact the Angels Box Office.  I'm sure they'll be VERY confused.

Screenshot 2020-04-29 15.23.27.png

Another off day for the Angels on Thursday.  Here are the Angels season to date simulated stats.  Simmons is the big overperformer, Upton the big underperformer, so far.  Our bullpen has been good but Teheran is the only regular starter with a sub 4.00 ERA at this point.  Altogether, team ERA is 5.02 (which I'll point out is, sadly, still better than last year's 5.12).

Screenshot 2020-05-01 09.43.57.png

Twins play small ball, scoring five without a home run en route to a 5-1 victory.  Albert Pujols makes his triumphant return to the lineup and picks up right where he left off (0 for 3).  Jo Adell gets his first MLB hit on a sixth inning double.  Andriese continues to be a bright spot in the rotation with another quality start.

61AD807B-5F6A-424F-B471-A5D534444AA9.jpeg