• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OOTP (Out of the Park) 2021: Let's see your results!!

Chuck

14 minutes ago, Capital_Dave said:

Are you guys playing any of your games out as manager?  Or just simming the games and playing the role of GM?

I've been managing.  I let the computer do the work for a few weeks and their pen choices suck.  probably lost me 5 games.  I played every game one by one in my first season and did all the pen management myself which worked out very well.  I just tried to think of what Scioscia would do.  🙂 (seriously.  it worked).  

I'm a little down on the game for season two.  About a third of the way in I'm 5 games below .500 and 13 back after acquiring deGrom, Minor, Bogaerts (to play 2b of which they give him a 20 defensive rating out of 80.  gimme a break), Aroldis Chapman.  Canning is out for his 2nd year in a row and not slated to come back till mid 2022.  

Bogaerts has an ops+ of 50.  Rendon has sucked.  Trout has been mediocre.  Adell is injured.   Marsh, Rengifo, Sandoval, Robles, Buttrey, and a bunch of others have totally sucked.  

my rotation is deGrom, Ohtani, Heaney, Minor, and Sandoval.  

lineup of Adell, Trout, Ohtani, Rendon, Bogaerts, Upton, Thaiss (best hitter on the team second to Trout the last two years), Simmons, Castro.  

bench of Marsh, Rengifo, Stassi, and one other

pen of Chapman, Buttrey, Robles, Middleton, Andriese (who's one of the few bright spots), Cam (he's been pretty good), N. Ramirez (he's been very good), Gohara, along with Keller, Kelly,  and a few others mixed in and out.  

I won 93 games the year before without degrom, bogaerts, champman and a shit ton of injures.  

plus they've got several teams winning a ton of games when there's no f'n way.   

I've been playing every game myself outside of a few innings here and there that I select the "half inning" option to skip past.

I'm probably going to jinx it, but I'm 13-3 so far in what was my third time through and I'm digging the Halos so far. 

The bats have been incredible and Ohtani and Heaney have been studs on the mound. Bundy and Sandoval started off well but both got rocked for losses in their last starts. 

Adell, Trout and Ohtani have been beasts at the plate. 

Annotation 2020-04-11 180336.png

7 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I've been playing every game myself outside of a few innings here and there that I select the "half inning" option to skip past.

I'm probably going to jinx it, but I'm 13-3 so far in what was my third time through and I'm digging the Halos so far. 

The bats have been incredible and Ohtani and Heaney have been studs on the mound. Bundy and Sandoval started off well but both got rocked for losses in their last starts. 

Adell, Trout and Ohtani have been beasts at the plate. 

Annotation 2020-04-11 180336.png

Same, then this:

Capture.JPG

24-7 score against the Braves of all teams, LOL.

Trout, Ohtani, and Adell are carrying the offense.

35-24 so far this 2nd season. Spent an enormous amount of time today preparing for the Rule IV Draft, hope it was worth the time I spent, ha.

15-4.

Ohtani had an amazing game. 9 RBI and TWO grand slams! 

Rengifo was inserted into the leadoff spot and he shined. Adell had a great game and check out Trout's, Rendon's and Upton's walk totals for the game.

The White Sox pitchers were wild. 

Annotation 2020-04-12 220642.png

Annotation 2020-04-12 220825.png

the game offed Arte!!

WTF - they killed off the dude and his son took over.   

They actually made Arte out to be quite the douche actually.  I won the division 5 years in a row and made the playoffs 5 of 7 years.  I got ousted in the first round in all but one year and he kept sending me pm's about how he wasn't happy with my performance.  I traded dip spit and duct tape for Syndergaard and Arte got made because I didn't extend his contract even though he wouldn't talk to me and there was no money in the budget.  lol.  

Arte's son came in as the new owner and extended my contract for 3 years but cut payroll by 50 mil.  lol.  I was already right at my budget limit.  Both of them would massively slash my amateur scouting budget and draft budget too so I'd just spend it on free agents.  now I'm f'd.  I have a huge payroll and a shitty farm system.  

btw, I through 2026 and starting the off season prior to 2027.  I had built a juggernaut.  Adell and Marsh became beasts.  Ohtani jas been very good as well.  I traded kyren paris for Mackenzie Gore and Arol Vera is now my starting SS.  He had an ok rookie year.  

I think I'm going into a rebuild and I've wasted Trout's good years!!!  I moved him to 1b btw because his defensive rating in the OF drop to a 20 on the 80 grade system and he's put up back to back 1.4 WAR seasons.  Rendon put up almost 28 WAR for his 7 years.  

this game is dumb and awesome all at the same time.  

20 hours ago, Dochalo said:

the game offed Arte!!

WTF - they killed off the dude and his son took over.   

They actually made Arte out to be quite the douche actually.  I won the division 5 years in a row and made the playoffs 5 of 7 years.  I got ousted in the first round in all but one year and he kept sending me pm's about how he wasn't happy with my performance.  I traded dip spit and duct tape for Syndergaard and Arte got made because I didn't extend his contract even though he wouldn't talk to me and there was no money in the budget.  lol.  

Arte's son came in as the new owner and extended my contract for 3 years but cut payroll by 50 mil.  lol.  I was already right at my budget limit.  Both of them would massively slash my amateur scouting budget and draft budget too so I'd just spend it on free agents.  now I'm f'd.  I have a huge payroll and a shitty farm system.  

btw, I through 2026 and starting the off season prior to 2027.  I had built a juggernaut.  Adell and Marsh became beasts.  Ohtani jas been very good as well.  I traded kyren paris for Mackenzie Gore and Arol Vera is now my starting SS.  He had an ok rookie year.  

I think I'm going into a rebuild and I've wasted Trout's good years!!!  I moved him to 1b btw because his defensive rating in the OF drop to a 20 on the 80 grade system and he's put up back to back 1.4 WAR seasons.  Rendon put up almost 28 WAR for his 7 years.  

this game is dumb and awesome all at the same time.  

This makes me wanna play this game again. By the way, players take time to learn new positions so if you move trout to left or right, his rating will be bad but just takes some time. Players actually learn positions faster in spring training so you can't move players around  for experience. Sincerely, ex-ootp addict 😂  

14 hours ago, Declined said:

This makes me wanna play this game again. By the way, players take time to learn new positions so if you move trout to left or right, his rating will be bad but just takes some time. Players actually learn positions faster in spring training so you can't move players around  for experience. Sincerely, ex-ootp addict 😂  

I tried that.  They totally crushed Trout.  Ended up putting him at some 1b and LF for awhile till they eventually gave him a 0 rating in LF and a 35 at 1b.  in 2028, he put up -1.2 WAR and -0.7 WAR in 2027.  I still owe him two more years of his contract.  I'm hoping he retires soon cuz he's killing my payroll.  

Arte's son continued to slash my budget down by another 30m.  The game keeps having him ask me to extend veterans in their low 30's and then he gets pissed when I don't but there is zero money available to do so.  It didn't matter this last season where I rebuilt the entire team with smoke and mirrors and won 97 games.  MVP honors to some guy I've never heard of and manager of the year.  

I went to the ALCS but I'm still yet to win a title but now I'm more obsessed with building the team under the crappy parameters they've given me.  Mostly filled with people no one has heard of yet with a few exceptions. 

It is kind of a bummer to go this far into the future where all the stud players we know now are essentially worthless and almost out of the game. 

• 2 weeks later...