• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OOTP (Out of the Park) 2021: Let's see your results!!

Chuck

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

My season which was going really well ended a couple days ago so I started a new season. Off to a good start again. 

Anyhow, make sure you save each game if you didn't set it to "Save after each game" in the league setup. I didn't and it crashed and it went back to after the first game when I saved it manually. 

I was so bummed that I stopped playing for a couple days, but I'm back at it. This game is so addicting and a great time killer! 

Really does give you the baseball fix we're all jonesing for. 

I was like 29-22 and mine crashed.  Brought me back to when I was 5-7.  dammit.  then there was a team brawl and literally everyone got booted.  I ended up losing that game like 18-5 after leading through 7 innings.  I got annoyed and started a new game and I started 1-5.  Now back to 7-6.  In my first go around my pitching was very good and the offense was weak.  A couple guys came up from the minors in the pen and were lights out.  Bundy was awful through the first couple months.  Bedrosian was so bad I released him.  

In both iterations my offense has been bad and Trout has had a very low batting average.  

14 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

My season which was going really well ended a couple days ago so I started a new season. Off to a good start again. 

Anyhow, make sure you save each game if you didn't set it to "Save after each game" in the league setup. I didn't and it crashed and it went back to after the first game when I saved it manually. 

I was so bummed that I stopped playing for a couple days, but I'm back at it. This game is so addicting and a great time killer! 

Really does give you the baseball fix we're all jonesing for. 

My wife was asking me last night what I was doing, hahahaahaha. She was like "What are you so fascinated with over there?"

11 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I just signed Simmons to a 5/81 extension.  Seemed a bit steep to me but I got a good reaction from the fans.  

Yeah it seems like the only way you get Simba is at least 5 years, $80M+. I extended Adell for 7 years, $80M too and he has proceeded to suck ass, ha!

My rotation has been pretty solid with Bundy, Ohtani, and Heaney pitching pretty damn well. Teheran had three good starts, then three bad ones, he is on the verge of getting released. Sandoval is hit or miss but is decent. Traded for Carlos Martinez and he immediately went down for about 4-5 months.

The worst part is that Rendon, Upton, and Simmons all went out for about 5 weeks a piece. Somehow, though I am still excelling because Arismendy Alcantara, who I initially cut but reacquired is now like a star-level 2B and Michael Hermosillo is popping off with like a .400+ OBP, which has mitigated some of the losses. Trout and Ohtani are monsters (expected though but Mike is cracking balls like lightning bolts from the top of Olympus).

Had my first draft and I think I screwed it up. Also did some International shopping which wasn't easy. Didn't use the search functionality initially, thus I missed out on some players I think.

52 minutes ago, ettin said:

Yeah it seems like the only way you get Simba is at least 5 years, $80M+. I extended Adell for 7 years, $80M too and he has proceeded to suck ass, ha!

My rotation has been pretty solid with Bundy, Ohtani, and Heaney pitching pretty damn well. Teheran had three good starts, then three bad ones, he is on the verge of getting released. Sandoval is hit or miss but is decent. Traded for Carlos Martinez and he immediately went down for about 4-5 months.

The worst part is that Rendon, Upton, and Simmons all went out for about 5 weeks a piece. Somehow, though I am still excelling because Arismendy Alcantara, who I initially cut but reacquired is now like a star-level 2B and Michael Hermosillo is popping off with like a .400+ OBP, which has mitigated some of the losses. Trout and Ohtani are monsters (expected though but Mike is cracking balls like lightning bolts from the top of Olympus).

Had my first draft and I think I screwed it up. Also did some International shopping which wasn't easy. Didn't use the search functionality initially, thus I missed out on some players I think.

In my season that was lost and I was doing well, I traded Simba and Rengifo for Duffy and Mondesi. 

I thought that was a huge win for my squad, played one game and poof! Gone.

Yeah buddy! New season and I'm undefeated out of the gate at 5-0. 

Thing is, I started my season on the actual date a few days back, not the Astros series in Houston. 

That said, I'll take it. Trout, Adell and Upton are on fire to start the season and my starting rotation has notched 5 straight QS's. 

Annotation 2020-04-06 211232.png

Annotation 2020-04-06 211346.png

Annotation 2020-04-06 211425.png

On 4/6/2020 at 10:35 AM, Chuckster70 said:

In my season that was lost and I was doing well, I traded Simba and Rengifo for Duffy and Mondesi. 

I thought that was a huge win for my squad, played one game and poof! Gone.

I'm playing the 2022 season (I've been basically playing non-stop...), and I think there's a bug that'll end up causing me to have to start over.  Midway through the season, I lost access to all minor league teams other than AAA--not just for the Angels, but for every team.  😞 I can still play the major league season (I'm currently 93-54 and in first place after making several trades, as well as giving Marsh and 19-year old Arol Vera (the #1 prospect in baseball) starting gigs), but I have no idea what'll happen after the season is over.

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I've played portions of three seasons and one thing is consistent.  The game hates Dylan Bundy in every one.  

I've played three seasons and he sucked in the first two, but the third time through is a charm for Bundy. He has yet to be scored upon in two starts so far with 13 K's. 

Also Simmons is a wiz with the glove but he sucks at the plate. Also, Stassi is 0-22. 

I have Fletcher playing a good mix of games at SS and Rengifo as well. Thinking of trading Simba soon in my third try if he doesn't start swinging the bat.

On 4/5/2020 at 1:48 AM, ettin said:

Good grief.... Dylan Bundy is like the ace of my staff, ahead of even Ohtani. Trout is having a monster year, he has like 2.5 WAR over 60 AB's, LOL. My team is like 17-6 to start the season. Hopefully that all translates, ha!

So.... it did not translate. 😞

As the season wore on, I lost, at the same time, all three of Rendon, Upton, and Simmons for about 5-6 week period. That was enough to make me miss a good chance of winning the Division. However, at the trade deadline I did pick up, in lieu of the high price and availability of good starters (and I knew Carlos Martinez would be back eventually), multiple relievers including Kirby Yates, Cody Allen (who was having a good year in my OOTP universe), Tony Zych (also recovering from previous injuries and doing well), and Seth Lugo in the month leading up to the trade deadline. I also cut Pujols (which weirdly felt wrong after I did it) and Bedrosian and had to demote Middleton unfortunately due to performance.

That bullpen helped carry my team into a Wild Card playoff (the Indians and Angels tied for the 2nd WC slot) with the Indians which I won with the ace of my staff Heaney. Then I went into a one-game Wild Card playoff game with the Twins, which I also managed to win on a short-rest game with Ohtani. However, once I hit the Division series against the White Sox I lost the series in 5 games (Luis Robert and Yoan Moncada can f*ck off) with a playoff rotation of Heaney, Ohtani, and Teheran (Bundy above tanked hard in the 2nd half).

Just wasn't enough. I did please Arte overall though as I met his goals he set out in extending Simmons, upgrading at C, and acquiring a homegrown player so it is now the off-season and I am still employed. Farm system has some interesting names that made strides forward like Zack Kelly (whom I brought up for the bullpen), Arol Vera (looking really good down on the farm), Jared Walsh and Matt Thaiss (both took steps forward near the end of the season), Brandon Marsh, and Jordyn Adams. Denny Brady (personal favorite of mine) also took a step forward. I traded off names like Jerimiah Jackson, Jahmai Jones, and Jason Castro, plus a handful of lottery ticket types.

Fun game! Addictive.

15 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Also Simmons is a wiz with the glove but he sucks at the plate. Also, Stassi is 0-22

I have Fletcher playing a good mix of games at SS and Rengifo as well. Thinking of trading Simba soon in my third try if he doesn't start swinging the bat.

It's funny, for about a 45-day stretch, Stassi was a monster in my lineup from both sides of the plate, it was mind-boggling (along with Arismendy Alcantara and Michael Hermosillo who also both popped off for periods of time before the former flamed out and the latter got injured).

Just finished my first regular season

93-69.  Won the division by 7 games.  Houston got a WC with 86 wins.  

Some notes:

Milwaukee rocked 100 wins and won the division by 23 games over the pirates who had 77 wins.  
Dogs won the west with 101 wins over SD who had 99.  
ATL won the NL east. 
Yanks won the AL east over TB by 17 games.  
Min and Cle ended up ties with 88 wins.  
WSN got the 2nd WC in the NL.  

Some regular season stats for the halos:

Heaney - 204.2ip, 3.47 era.  206k
Minor - 200.1ip, 4.04 era.  
Ohtani - 175.1 ip.  4.11 era.  
Sandoval - 127.0ip, 3.26 era

Trout had 47 hrs.  nowhere near the league lead.  ended up with an ops of .989.  2nd to Austin Meadows.  WAR title went to Lindor with 9.6.  Trout had 9.2.  

Rendon with 5.1 WAR.  
Simmons with 4.3 WAR but a .618 ops.  
Albert with -0.4 WAR in 263 PA
Thaiss was a beast for me with 20 hrs in 373 PA.  .884 ops.    
Upton cracked 36hrs and led team in rbi.  
Adell had 1.1 WAR in 406 PA and a .713 ops.  

In the minors, 

Herm had a good year.  
Gohara was very good on the SLC shuttle.  
Marsh was solid at AAA.  
CRod was great at AA.  
J Jack was a beast in high A with 20 hrs.  
Adams was ok in high A.  
Maitan with a solid year in A ball.  
Paris did well in Orem.  
Took Blaze Jordan with our first pick in the draft.  

I went with a deep bullpen strategy pretty much the whole year.  Seemed to work well.  

On to the playoffs.  

first series vs. the twins

Game 1 - Heaney 6 strong but robles gives up a run in the ninth and the twins tie it 5-5 after Trout had hit a 2run hr in the 7th for the lead.  Fletch tripled to lead off bot 9 and La Stella singles him in for the walk off 6-5 win.  

Game 2 - Ohtani with 7 shutout innings.  Adell and La Stella leave the yard.  Angels win 9-0.  

Game 3 - halos drop a tough one 4-3 as fletch GIDP to end the game with Trout on deck.  

Game 4 - fletch GIDP to end the game again.  Halos had 1st and 3rd with no out and couldn't tie the score.  Drop the game 3-2 after a gutty 7 ip by minor and a solo shot allowed by Buttrey in the 8th.  

Game 5 - crazy battle.  Twins jump out to a 3-0 lead in the first after two free passes and a Sano bomb off Heaney.  Halos battle back with 2 in the first and three in the 6th on a clutch 3r hr by Simmons.  Heaney leaves early after 4.1ip and Buttrey gives up a solo shot to Garver in the 7th.  Kelly, Quijada and Robles shut the door for a 5-4 halo victory and series win.  

ALCS vs. Houston 

game 1 - Alvarez hits a 3r bomb vs. Ohtani.  Halos drop the game 5-3.  Rendon and Upton have been completely absent during the playoffs.  

game 2 - laugher vs. Verlander.  8-2.  

game 3 - another laugher.  Minor is shit.  Halos make 2 errors.  Bregman goes deep.  

game 4 - Heaney and Buttrey are shit giving up 7 runs through 4 innings.  Halos get swept.  

Oh well.  

In addition to the Angels teams I'm running, I'm also doing a 1957 Braves season (I grew up as a Braves fan and that year was always talked about as the best Braves team ever at the time).  My Assistant GM is giving me some great advice, isn't he?  I probably never would have thought to look at this guy as a potential CF upgrade!  🙄🙄🙄

new_game_1957-06-08_14-20-45.jpg

On 4/9/2020 at 9:04 AM, Dochalo said:

I just traded jeremiah jackson and Fletcher for deGrom.  

So I just went through my first off-season and began my 2nd regular season.

Some notes on the off-season:

* Acquired J.T. Realmuto at C on an $83M contract over six years (plus an option), primarily because he had a horrible hitting season in 2020.

* I made a double mistake: Stassi had an incredible hitting year (for him anyway) in 2020 and his arbitration price was $5.2M and I accidentally kept him. Then I acquired Realmuto thinking I could stash McGuire down in the Minors as depth for 2021 and then realized McGuire was out of options to late. 😞  I am not trying to trade Stassi plus a lottery-type prospect to the Yankees for Adam Ottavino, so I can promote McGuire (who has a 70 DEF score, I knew he was a quality defender but not a nearly elite one, pleasant surprise in addition to the bat potential).

* Acquired Nick Senzel from the Reds for Ryan McMahon who was not as versatile. Reds are in 'Win Now' mode which probably explains the trade since Senzel had a poor 2020 hitting line. Since arriving and playing so far he has been a MONSTER hitter in the first 17 games and I am using him as the super utility player plus inserting him in for tired players that need a break.

* Speaking of being on fire, Adell has broken out after a piss-poor 2020 after I signed him to the 7-year contract. Fletcher and Simmons have lit up too, which is good because Rendon has been lackluster so far and Upton is falling off a cliff.

* Re-built my bullpen and took flyers on Dillon Maples and Jacob Barnes. Both have been so-so and Hansel has fallen off the cliff too unfortunately. Still getting results out of the extended Kirby Yates (gave him a 4-year deal per Arte), Robles, Seth Lugo, and Parkel Markel. Bullpen isn't quite as strong as last season (so far it is only 17 games in) but I have a six-man rotation running of Ohtani, Heaney, Carlos Martinez, Dylan Bundy, Patrick Sandoval, and Jaime Barria (who was out of options but I didn't want to lose). So far it has been slightly above average but we'll see how it continues.

* On the farm, Marsh has started off well. de Horta is on fire. Adams is progressing. Have a bunch of potential relievers that can come in from AAA and AA. Canning and Gohara are starter options in AAA along with another guy I picked up in trade. Arol Vera and Kyren Paris ended last season well. Some pitchers are taking strides forward. All that being said my farm system is ranked 30 out of 30, lol.

* Dropped the first three games to the Astros. Been 9-5 since with some spectacular run-scoring with my stacked lineup.

I am hooked on this goddamn game I hate all of you, lol.