• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OOTP (Out of the Park) 2021: Let's see your results!!

Chuck

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

Going to get the game today. I need my baseball back in my life in some capacity so I'm pretty stoked

This sure has helped with my fix.

I think once we get fully up to speed on all the features, settings & gameplay we should have @Tyler setup a league. I know my 25 year old son wants in. I can figure out the server side of things. 

9-4 baby and still in 1st place. Teheran with 3 straight QS's for the win against Oakland. Barria in for Heaney pitched a 7 inning gem only to get undone by the bullpen. The series is split as of now.

Goodwin, Upton & La Stella are on FIRE.

This game is incredibly addicting.

18 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Heaney, Adell should be back from the DL after a solid start to their season, but Sandoval who was lights out in relief in the 17 inning victory last week is out for the year. 

Somethings never change. 😞 

Annotation 2020-03-28 133944.png

Seems like there should be another option besides "OK" when that happened. 

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

9-4 baby and still in 1st place. Teheran with 3 straight QS's for the win against Oakland. Barria in for Heaney pitched a 7 inning gem only to get undone by the bullpen. The series is split as of now.

Goodwin, Upton & La Stella are on FIRE.

This game is incredibly addicting.

I'm rolling along at a mere 30-30.  Injuries are killing me.  Trout has been hurt 3 times already, and is currently out for 4 weeks with a fractured foot.  Sandoval has a herniated disk, Jose Suarez has a partially torn labrum, La Stella (who was having a great year) is out for 5 weeks with a fractured finger,  Shogo Akiyama (who I traded for to replace Trout) is out with an oblique strain, Howie Kendrick (who I got along with Trea Turner for Simmons and Fletcher) is out with an intercostal strain.

Justin Upton is sucking mightily (.188/.296/.337) and Adell hasn't done much, either (.215/.287/.359).

Pitching has been terrible.  I released Dylan Bundy, but then ended up picking him up again because of all the injuries I was having.

Thaiss has been a pleasant surprise: .299/.395/.467 in a strict platoon with CJ Cron, who I picked up after releasing Pujols.  🙂

48 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm rolling along at a mere 30-30.  Injuries are killing me.  Trout has been hurt 3 times already, and is currently out for 4 weeks with a fractured foot.  Sandoval has a herniated disk, Jose Suarez has a partially torn labrum, La Stella (who was having a great year) is out for 5 weeks with a fractured finger,  Shogo Akiyama (who I traded for to replace Trout) is out with an oblique strain, Howie Kendrick (who I got along with Trea Turner for Simmons and Fletcher) is out with an intercostal strain.

Justin Upton is sucking mightily (.188/.296/.337) and Adell hasn't done much, either (.215/.287/.359).

Pitching has been terrible.  I released Dylan Bundy, but then ended up picking him up again because of all the injuries I was having.

Thaiss has been a pleasant surprise: .299/.395/.467 in a strict platoon with CJ Cron, who I picked up after releasing Pujols.  🙂

I haven't made any trades yet, just rolling along with my organizational depth.

55 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I haven't made any trades yet, just rolling along with my organizational depth.

Simmons got pissy and wanted a 7-year extension, so I just dumped him.  🙂 And releasing Pujols was like a dream come true!  Because of all the injuries, though, Adell, Marsh, and Jahmai Jones have all gotten playing time.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Simmons got pissy and wanted a 7-year extension, so I just dumped him.  🙂 And “releasing Pujols” was like a dream come true!  Because of all the injuries, though, Adell, Marsh, and Jahmai Jones have all gotten playing time.

That’s so unEpplerish. I like it. 

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Simmons got pissy and wanted a 7-year extension, so I just dumped him.  🙂 And releasing Pujols was like a dream come true!  Because of all the injuries, though, Adell, Marsh, and Jahmai Jones have all gotten playing time.

I'm on the verge of promoting Matt Thaiss to give him the full time 1B job. Pujols is really struggling out of the gate. I currently have Jared Walsh over him since he can play 1B/OF and pitch.

Injuries are kicking my ass. 

Trout was out for 3 weeks and Ohtani my best pitcher by far is out for the season with an inflamed shoulder. Grrrrr. 

Anyhow, as you tell I've had some time on my hands this weekend and played a grip full of games. 

While still in 1st place, the Angels are now 16-14 as we now host the Twins at home. We're just a 1/2 game up from the Houston Astros who have gotten hot.

Matt Thaiss and Taylor Ward have really stepped up as they've gotten some playing time with Trout, Adell being out for sometime and Ohtani no longer at DH. Pujols is my part time 1B/DH and Thaiss is playing the majority of the time at 1B in a platoon with Ward. I have also played Ward in RF or at DH when both Adell and Trout were out, with Goodwin moving to CF. 

La Stella has been as good as he was last year. Trout and Rendon are off to slow starts, though not bat. 

Heaney is back in the rotation and doing well after three weeks on the DL. Barria has been the real star though. Andriese and Bundy are off to awful starts and with Ohtani out for the season along with Suarez and Sandoval (Canning out another month), I'm hurting in the SP dept.

I'm thinking of trading Simmons and a legit prospect for a good pitcher. I need to figure out how to make a trade first though. I've rejected about 4 of them so far. 

Here's a look at the box score early on in my Twins/Angels game to get an idea of what my lineup now looks like and the stats of my starters. 

Annotation 2020-03-30 144810.png

58 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Injuries are kicking my ass. 

Trout was out for 3 weeks and Ohtani my best pitcher by far is out for the season with an inflamed shoulder. Grrrrr. 

Anyhow, as you tell I've had some time on my hands this weekend and played a grip full of games. 

While still in 1st place, the Angels are now 16-14 as we now host the Twins at home. We're just a 1/2 game up from the Houston Astros who have gotten hot.

Matt Thaiss and Taylor Ward have really stepped up as they've gotten some playing time with Trout, Adell being out for sometime and Ohtani no longer at DH. Pujols is my part time 1B/DH and Thaiss is playing the majority of the time at 1B in a platoon with Ward. I have also played Ward in RF or at DH when both Adell and Trout were out, with Goodwin moving to CF. 

La Stella has been as good as he was last year. Trout and Rendon are off to slow starts, though not bat. 

Heaney is back in the rotation and doing well after three weeks on the DL. Barria has been the real star though. Andriese and Bundy are off to awful starts and with Ohtani out for the season along with Suarez and Sandoval (Canning out another month), I'm hurting in the SP dept.

I'm thinking of trading Simmons and a legit prospect for a good pitcher. I need to figure out how to make a trade first though. I've rejected about 4 of them so far. 

Here's a look at the box score early on in my Twins/Angels game to get an idea of what my lineup now looks like and the stats of my starters. 

Annotation 2020-03-30 144810.png

I am curious if the already long inning pitched you said you were having your pitchers throw is being calculated into your injuries for your pitchers?

1 hour ago, ettin said:

I am curious if the already long inning pitched you said you were having your pitchers throw is being calculated into your injuries for your pitchers?

It very well could be Robert. I was letting Ohtani go deep into games and he pitched 250 innings in one week in which he had two starts. 

Just call me Dusty Richter. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

It very well could be Robert. I was letting Ohtani go deep into games and he pitched 250 innings in one week in which he had two starts. 

Just call me Dusty Richter. 

If it is a decent simulation I would believe that letting Ohtani throw 146 pitches in that one game is a contributing factor.

It would be interesting to start over and see if altering the usage makes a difference.