• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OOTP (Out of the Park) 2021: Let's see your results!!

Chuck

17-14 baby! The young kids are carrying the team, despite all the injuries. Thaiss and Ward are showing their 1st round pick talent finally. 

La Stella is en fuego. Adell could probably use a day or two off. I'll probably give Goodwin a few starts to let him clear his mind. 

Annotation 2020-03-30 224618.png

Annotation 2020-03-30 224651.png

Annotation 2020-03-30 224720.png

10 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

17-14 baby! The young kids are carrying the team, despite all the injuries. Thaiss and Ward are showing their 1st round pick talent finally. 

La Stella is en fuego. Adell could probably use a day or two off. I'll probably give Goodwin a few starts to let him clear his mind. 

Annotation 2020-03-30 224618.png

Annotation 2020-03-30 224651.png

Annotation 2020-03-30 224720.png

Lol @ Upton 9 LOB

I'm 52-53, just sort of muddling along.  Got Trout back after 4+ "weeks", only to see his batting average drop 60 points since his return.

This is the first time I've played OOTP, and while it's a good time waster, I'm still not sure it's very "accurate" in terms of a simulator.  Other than like Gerrit Cole, it seems to be impossible to get any consistency with pitching--and I'm still finding that there are way too many random small events (e.g., wild pitches, infield hits, balks, etc.).

That said, I don't have much else to do, so I'll keep playing. 🤣

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Annotation 2020-04-01 162413.png

Nice.  I'm now 65-64 (yes, I've been playing a LOT...), 3 games out of the 2nd Wild Card.  My offense is good (4th or 5th in most categories), but my pitching continues to be bottom-of-the-barrel, even after trading Adell for Aaron Nola.  No matter who I put on the mound, they just get pounded.  I've tried adjusting settings, etc., but the results are the same. 

17 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Nice.  I'm now 65-64 (yes, I've been playing a LOT...), 3 games out of the 2nd Wild Card.  My offense is good (4th or 5th in most categories), but my pitching continues to be bottom-of-the-barrel, even after trading Adell for Aaron Nola.  No matter who I put on the mound, they just get pounded.  I've tried adjusting settings, etc., but the results are the same. 

I finally made a couple much needed trades tonight to help my SP with Ohtani, Sandoval and Suarez out for the season and with Canning not back for 5 weeks.

I traded Andriese and a lower level SP prospect for Cueto in a salary dump move. Cueto was on fire for the SF Giants.

I then traded Heaney who had a 5+ ERA and David Fletcher for Jon Gray who was lights out for the Rockies.

Barria is looking like the 2018 version, even better actually and Teheran has been solid. I just need Bundy to get his shit together and I'll have a solid staff.

I bumped Upton to the 5th spot since Thaiss has been amazing.  Fletcher wasn't seeing playing time with La Stella leading the team in multiple categories out of the leadoff spot. Rengifo was also on fire in AAA.

34 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I finally made a couple much needed trades tonight to help my SP with Ohtani, Sandoval and Suarez out for the season and with Canning not back for 5 weeks.

I traded Andriese and a lower level SP prospect for Cueto in a salary dump move. Cueto was on fire for the SF Giants.

I then traded Heaney who had a 5+ ERA and David Fletcher for Jon Gray who was lights out for the Rockies.

Barria is looking like the 2018 version, even better actually and Teheran has been solid. I just need Bundy to get his shit together and I'll have a solid staff.

I bumped Upton to the 5th spot since Thaiss has been amazing.  Fletcher wasn't seeing playing time with La Stella leading the team in multiple categories out of the leadoff spot. Rengifo was also on fire in AAA.

In my last game before I call it a night, Trout got hurt AGAIN.  5th time this year, and the 2nd time he'll be out for 4 weeks.  He might make it back before the end of the year, but he'll end up around 90 games played for me.  Just like in real life, Angels games aren't very fun when he's not in the lineup.  🙂

37 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I knew that I  should have waited a bit longer before ordering my Fletcher shirt.

Goddamn you all, I am hooked:

Capture.JPG

Trout, Upton, Simmons, and Ward all homered. Rendon, Castro, and Adell all got a double each in the game. Everyone, except Pujols, got a hit. For some reason the OOTP overrode my pitch count maximum on Ohtani and he went 9 IP with a 3.00 ERA. We teed up Sonny Gray and the guys who replaced him.

5 minutes ago, ettin said:

Goddamn you all, I am hooked:

Capture.JPG

Trout, Upton, Simmons, and Ward all homered. Rendon, Castro, and Adell all got a double each in the game. Everyone, except Pujols, got a hit. For some reason the OOTP overrode my pitch count maximum on Ohtani and he went 9 IP with a 3.00 ERA. We teed up Sonny Gray and the guys who replaced him.

AWESOME!! Good to see you join us @ettin

It's addicting isn't?

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

AWESOME!! Good to see you join us @ettin

It's addicting isn't?

Good grief.... Dylan Bundy is like the ace of my staff, ahead of even Ohtani. Trout is having a monster year, he has like 2.5 WAR over 60 AB's, LOL. My team is like 17-6 to start the season. Hopefully that all translates, ha!

I finished my season at 85-78 (beating the Red Sox in a one-game "play-in" for the 2nd wild card slot).  Beat the Rays in the wild card, then got annihilated 3-0 by the Astros in the next round.  Trout was far and away the star of the team.  Rendon ended up with over 100 RBI, but no one else stood out in any category.  LaStella did pretty well overall, then tried pushing for a $16M/year, 7 year extension.  I let him walk...

In the off-season, I traded for Aroldis Chapman--who immediately had to have Tommy John surgery and is out for 13 months.  LOL.  I guess that's pretty accurate for the Angels, huh?

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

I finished my season at 85-78 (beating the Red Sox in a one-game "play-in" for the 2nd wild card slot).  Beat the Rays in the wild card, then got annihilated 3-0 by the Astros in the next round.  Trout was far and away the star of the team.  Rendon ended up with over 100 RBI, but no one else stood out in any category.  LaStella did pretty well overall, then tried pushing for a $16M/year, 7 year extension.  I let him walk...

In the off-season, I traded for Aroldis Chapman--who immediately had to have Tommy John surgery and is out for 13 months.  LOL.  I guess that's pretty accurate for the Angels, huh?

You should look for a team trainer who has a excellent or legendary rating in the "prevents arm injuries" category. Probably wouldn't help because well...Angels baseball but still worth a shot.

Also, as someone who's been addicted to this game since about ootp14, I wanna thank you all for letting me live vicariously through your ootp updates since I finally skipped out on getting it this year 😂 this game is so immersive & it only gets better as you play more seasons & watch your prospects grow up. 

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

I already traded La Stella and Jahmai Jones to the Blue Jays for C Reese McGuire (since Arte told me to upgrade at C) which proved foresightful when Castro went down with an injury literally the next day. Then after 2 games, McGuire got injured, lol.

That'll also teach you not to pay or pick up relievers in the off-season! 😄

41 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

If any Halos starter (like Barria above) actually goes 7.1 innings in a real game, that would be a very pleasant surprise.

Oh that reminds me, in like my 2nd game against the Astros I didn't realize the OOTP ignored my rotation arrangement and it put Cam Bedrosian as the Opener and I thought it was Heaney and I advanced the game forward to like the 7th inning and Bedrosian got teed up in the 7th inning for like 10 runs and he had like 140 pitches thrown and he got injured.... Ooopsss

My season which was going really well ended a couple days ago so I started a new season. Off to a good start again. 

Anyhow, make sure you save each game if you didn't set it to "Save after each game" in the league setup. I didn't and it crashed and it went back to after the first game when I saved it manually. 

I was so bummed that I stopped playing for a couple days, but I'm back at it. This game is so addicting and a great time killer! 

Really does give you the baseball fix we're all jonesing for.