• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OOTP (Out of the Park) 2021: Let's see your results!!

Chuck

9 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Chuck, I'll help you commish the league, but I know nothing about the server side of it, but I'm sure you do from running this site.

Let me dig in a bit to the server side. I read something about setting up an FTP and that you have to save the game files and everyone uploads it to their game after they've finished playing. 

That seems to be a bit much to maintain throughout the season. There's got to be a better way so I'll do some research, unless someone else has a better way of doing an online season with other folks running their teams and playing against each other.

I've been in the same OOTP online league for about 7 years now. I can answer pretty much all questions, but it will only be successful if you have 30 active GM's. This site a strong base so I think it would work. My league sims 3 times a week, to give time for downloading file (less than 5 minutes), make your organization strategic changes, and then upload (less than 30 seconds). 

I started an Angels team a few days ago.  They're currently 3-6, in last place in the division, and Mike Trout is out for 1-2 weeks.  Not exactly a great start...

I tried to extend Andrelton Simmons, but he kept asking for a 7-year deal, so I shipped him, Fletcher, and $10M to the Nationals for Trea Turner and Howie Kendrick.  🙂

EDIT: Also, Kyle Tucker from the Astros has hit 6 HR off of the Angels in the 6 games I've played against them so far.  Fun...

Edited by jsnpritchett

5 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I started an Angels team a few days ago.  They're currently 3-6, in last place in the division, and Mike Trout is out for 1-2 weeks.  Not exactly a great start...

I tried to extend Andrelton Simmons, but he kept asking for a 7-year deal, so I shipped him, Fletcher, and $10M to the Nationals for Trea Turner and Howie Kendrick.  🙂

EDIT: Also, Kyle Tucker from the Astros has hit 6 HR off of the Angels in the 6 games I've played against them so far.  Fun...

Kyle (Mike Napoli) Tucker

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

So am I the only one that doesn’t know what OOTP is? 

It's one of the accurate baseball simulations in the computer software/gaming age.

Out of the Park Baseball, abbreviated as OOTP, is a text based baseball simulation for career, historical, and fictional play. OOTP was originally written in 1998, when lead developer Markus Heinsohn sought to combine realistic replay baseball simulation with career play to satisfy hardcore fans and casual gamers alike. "A friend of mine brought home a bat and a glove from a trip to Miami, so we started hitting tennis balls into the neighbor's gardens. That was in 1991," Heinsohn told Inside Mac Games in a July 2012 interview. "We then formed a baseball club and started playing in organized baseball leagues in 1994. In the meantime I played all sorts of baseball computer games, but there was no management-related game that I liked, so in 1998 I decided to simply develop my own game, just for fun. When it was done in 1999, I figured it was probably good enough to earn some money with it, and that's when it all started."